Fixture WCE Fixture 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

North’s one is fun, the idea is better than the execution but still good.

Sort of weird to include our blonde #9 doing his knee as a way to announce your first game against Harley Reid, but is what it is.

Port’s the winner by a mile.

I hope Port do one for the second half of the season where the chain falls off the bike and then the rider goes over the handles bars and breaks his collarbone before erupting into flames and getting flattened by a road train.

PS: was a cool little clip.

Was at that Dogs game going berko BTW!
However, I may have dreamed all this and do not have the inclination to research...
But, when the VFL announced the GF at MCG for next 50 years, was it not the agreed concession for "interstate" clubs to have more games and more access to the ground???...

On SM-A336E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Was at that Dogs game going berko BTW!
However, I may have dreamed all this and do not have the inclination to research...
But, when the VFL announced the GF at MCG for next 50 years, was it not the agreed concession for "interstate" clubs to have more games and more access to the ground???...

On SM-A336E using BigFooty.com mobile app
lol. We get 2 games at the G.

3 trips to SA.

2 trips to WA.

Fair chance all our double ups play finals this season.

Only positives are no trips to Tassie, Geelong or Ballarat.

lol. We get 2 games at the G.

3 trips to SA.

2 trips to WA.

Fair chance all our double ups play finals this season.

Only positives are no trips to Tassie, Geelong or Ballarat.

Nice to see that you guys finally have to fly West to play us.

Shows just how compromised the draw are and how little the AFL care for the notion of fairness in draws, that you have never played us at Optus Oval and yet, we have been there for over six year, every year we have been made to do the longest road trip to play Brisbane at the Gabattoir.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL article talking about the creation of the fixture.
This bit was the bit that caught my attention.

"The two key KPIs of the fixture are broadcast viewership and attendance. If you think about the fundamentals of our game, the more people who are watching it and going to games, the better the sport is going to be. We have to balance the two," Bowler explained.

So basically nothing else really matters. Also no mention of the Interstate teams needs at all in the entire article which isn't a surprise.

"The two key KPIs of the fixture are broadcast viewership and attendance. If you think about the fundamentals of our game, the more people who are watching it and going to games, the better the sport is going to be. We have to balance the two," Bowler explained.

So basically nothing else really matters. Also no mention of the Interstate teams needs at all in the entire article which isn't a surprise.

It's all about the cash. Sad but that's the way the world works now. It'd be great if we were allowed to spend our own cash where we want of course, but that'd be unfair to the broke clubs which would mean less cash for the AFL.

Nice to see that you guys finally have to fly West to play us.

Shows just how compromised the draw are and how little the AFL care for the notion of fairness in draws, that you have never played us at Optus Oval and yet, we have been there for over six year, every year we have been made to do the longest road trip to play Brisbane at the Gabattoir.
Sounds like Brisbane fans talking about how Hawthorn have played twice at the Gabba in the last decade.

Sounds like Brisbane fans talking about how Hawthorn have played twice at the Gabba in the last decade.

I am not talking about a "twice " situation, you come up donuts for having visited us for 8 years.

Just want a fair turn with the home and away ratio, nothing more nothing less.

I am not talking about a "twice " situation, you come up donuts for having visited us for 8 years.

Just want a fair turn with the home and away ratio, nothing more nothing less.
lol we’re all good. It’s been noted on our board in the past that we haven’t played your lot over there at all.

My comment was more about playing both WC and Freo over there, without playing either at home.

lol we’re all good. It’s been noted on our board in the past that we haven’t played your lot over there at all.

My comment was more about playing both WC and Freo over there, without playing either at home.
Get off it mate, since Optus

We've travelled to QLD twice in the same season several times

Not ideal, but you can avoid it

Bowler seems to assume that the compromises made in the pursuit of maximising eyeballs won't :
1. Damage, rather than improve the game
2. Put people off, undermining their stated aim

If the product is good, people will find a way to consume it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back