Fixture WCE Fixture 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Any WAFL preseason games this weekend or next week for WCE?
See there are 4 matches on website schedule for this weekend, Peel playing. No match for WCE or East Freo?

I still can’t believe the wooden spooner and the premier are the only 2 teams that start the year playing finalist from the year before in their first 4 games. And the only team to only play at home once in their first four games.

You’d hope we made a song and dance about it behind closed doors. Don’t reckon any other spooner would’ve ever copped that.

Least $$ coming our way, no extra home game like SA teams, no home GF and favourable F/S concessions (Vic teams) and no help with NGAs (Qld/NSW).

Hardly seems fair but don’t do it publicly like the AFLW coach did. Didn’t work out well for him.

I still can’t believe the wooden spooner and the premier are the only 2 teams that start the year playing finalist from the year before in their first 4 games. And the only team to only play at home once in their first four games.

You’d hope we made a song and dance about it behind closed doors. Don’t reckon any other spooner would’ve ever copped that.

Least $$ coming our way, no extra home game like SA teams, no home GF and favourable F/S concessions (Vic teams) and no help with NGAs (Qld/NSW).

Hardly seems fair but don’t do it publicly like the AFLW coach did. Didn’t work out well for him.

The Bulldogs missed out on finals last year, we play them in Round 3.

However, the issues you raise with the fixture remain valid.

After not trading out pick 1, the fixture was never going to do the club any favours.

The covid-hubs in 2020 and the soft cap have clearly shown that the administration couldn't care less about concerns from WA clubs.

Expecting any level of fairness or balance in the fixture from a regime that has repeatedly shown itself to be both partisan and fickle in its judgment would be expecting far too much. Indeed, early indications from the Dillon/Kane tenure suggest this will likely get worse rather than improve.

Its an absolutely brutal first month of footy coming up. Aslo we play GCS twice who are on the improve St Kilda who made finals Freo who should make finals leaving only the Bombers who knows how they will go and Norf. Not the easiest draw for the wooden spooners. We should end up with pick 1 or 2.

Its an absolutely brutal first month of footy coming up. Aslo we play GCS twice who are on the improve St Kilda who made finals Freo who should make finals leaving only the Bombers who knows how they will go and Norf. Not the easiest draw for the wooden spooners. We should end up with pick 1 or 2.
Those double-ups look ok to me.

Which clubs would you be happy to play twice?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From what I can see there a 3 x 4 game blocks where we are a shot of winning...

Rounds 5-8

Rounds 12-16

Rounds 19-22

I'm really hoping we can snag min. 1 win in each block and obv the more the better

The other games I assume we'll be taken care of quite comfortably.

Hopefully our best players are primed for these blocks

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hopefully we beat Richmond in round 5 at home otherwise I cant see a win before the bye. The Owen jokes will be non stop. 😭

After the bye we should win one of the North or Hawks games at home, and potentially another one or two depending on our form.

Yep, there will plenty of Docker mates that will be returning the Owen favour.

Thank for the memories:

1710150003312.png

1710150077168.png

1710150153650.png

pretty sure we had late Sunday games in our prime years

Sunday arvo subi games were our flat track ones

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Reckon they were pretty regularly 2:40pm games though. That blew out to 3:20pm and beyond when they moved to Optus. 4pm+ is a joke. There must be another gig at Optus that weekend which requires reconfiguration of seating or something 🤔

Springboks are over in August, so that might disrupt the footy as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back