Roast WCE Marketing and Comms in need of overhaul?

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not a fan of this. I know its to raise money for the club but something like a $10 ticket with an almost unlimited amount of tickets probably would of raised more money. Maybe it's because today is rent day and bill day for me but $50 'limited edition' raffle tickets to me just reinforces the whole chardonnay sipping stereotype and comes across a little wanky.

Anyways, if your in it, best of luck and if you can afford it, check it out I guess.

One positive is the growing content on the eagles site. The radio segments on the front page is great, simmo on 6pr and shuey on sen after the port game, saves going to the radio websites.

Also, they've put up the afl 360 and on the couch segments that mention the eagles.

The lord is our sheppard - hallowed be thy game
Thy cupdom come thy will schofield be done on earth as inness in hurn
gaff us this day our daily brown
and forgive us our tunbridges
as wellingham forgive those who trespass against us
and lead us not into tom"barrass"tation
but deliver us from ellis
forever and ever
adamson

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dunno where else to put this...

But it seems we've hit a record number of memberships, with over 59,000
Be great to crack the 60,000

Cannot believe it's taken this long to start on a new stadium!

One positive is the growing content on the eagles site. The radio segments on the front page is great, simmo on 6pr and shuey on sen after the port game, saves going to the radio websites.

Also, they've put up the afl 360 and on the couch segments that mention the eagles.

Just leaching off the other media outlets. How pathetic.

Just leaching off the other media outlets. How pathetic.
Would you prefer to go from source to source looking for what interests you, or is it just easier when it's all in one location? I'd say it's one of the better steps from a usually substandard marketing/comms department. It's a shame when convenience and doing your job is mistaken for leeching.

Do you use BigFooty to discuss the AFL because it's centralised and easy, or do you go from post to post on facebook/twitter decreeing your opinion? Sometimes convenience is just that, nowt sinister about it.

Would you prefer to go from source to source looking for what interests you, or is it just easier when it's all in one location? I'd say it's one of the better steps from a usually substandard marketing/comms department. It's a shame when convenience and doing your job is mistaken for leeching.

Do you use BigFooty to discuss the AFL because it's centralised and easy, or do you go from post to post on facebook/twitter decreeing your opinion? Sometimes convenience is just that, nowt sinister about it.

It's lazy. They should be creating their own articles and clips. The past couple of seasons, they have reacted to critism by just duplicating all the other media outlets.

The posters defending the WCE media department are just oblivious to what the other clubs are doing with lower budgets.

It's lazy. They should be creating their own articles and clips. The past couple of seasons, they have reacted to critism by just duplicating all the other media outlets.

The posters defending the WCE media department are just oblivious to what the other clubs are doing with lower budgets.
I think you're confusing praise with acceptance. Just because more could be done doesn't mean that this isn't a good step. Nobody is saying "that'll do boys, no need for anything else" but it is nice to have a centralised source for Eagles articles/media. Is it overdue? Yes. Is it a good step though? Absolutely.

Eeeeeh bah gum yer right lad

Once again, the AFL website preview for this week's game (http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-06-02/match-preview-kangaroos-v-eagles) has been cut and pasted to the WCE page but they have changed the prediction form a Norf win to an Eagles win (http://www.westcoasteagles.com.au/news/2015-06-03/match-preview).

I know this is minor and the sites are run by the same mob, but it smacks of laziness. If you are going to change the prediction, you need to have a separate preview on which that prediction is based imo. I'd rather they just leave it as a North predicted win if they aren't going to change a thing.

EDIT: And what's worse, both articles have the same author's name. Apparently Giulio Di Giorgio (nice name btw) thinks both teams are gonna have a win on Sunday.

Once again, the AFL website preview for this week's game (http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-06-02/match-preview-kangaroos-v-eagles) has been cut and pasted to the WCE page but they have changed the prediction form a Norf win to an Eagles win (http://www.westcoasteagles.com.au/news/2015-06-03/match-preview).

I know this is minor and the sites are run by the same mob, but it smacks of laziness. If you are going to change the prediction, you need to have a separate preview on which that prediction is based imo. I'd rather they just leave it as a North predicted win if they aren't going to change a thing.

EDIT: And what's worse, both articles have the same author's name. Apparently Giulio Di Giorgio (nice name btw) thinks both teams are gonna have a win on Sunday.
Would of thought one of our media department would have just cut an pasted the article but changed the prediction.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back