Votes: 59 88.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

wraglesweb

Premiership Player
Jul 30, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Ok its 2017 draft Night West Coast have pick 21 who do you chose Allen or Kelly ?

Can only have one no trades later.........

I love Oscar, don't regret picking him at all but with that pick in hindsight I think Kelly. Club obviously thought they would be able to get both. The consensus seemed to be that the Eagles would be reaching a bit to take him in the 20s.

On the plus side we didn't get gazumped for Ryan.

Anyway there's a long way to go in that debate. A couple of years ago people were debating who out of Stringer and Hogan was going to be the best player in the AFL.

League wide, the answer is Kelly. He’s the better player thus far. However, it’s pretty hard to have any regrets over Allen, who is considerably younger and will be very good for a long time.

If the end game is a flag this year only, Kelly. Long term, hard to be displeased with having Allen.

Probably short sighted to look at 2019 in isolation, but we are well and truly in our window and it speaks volumes for how Cats fought to keep TK as this will be their last crack at a flag.

Ask me in a decade, we will see a monumental amount of great football from Oscar. If we go B2B and then pick up TK well... Whynotboth.jpeg

Reserved for the end of the year. If Kelly is the difference between us and Geelong winning the flag I’d be taking Kelly. Had there been live draft trading that year it would have been a lot simpler.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oscar has only just turned 20. He is 4-5 years younger and plays as a kp. No contest. Kelly was our second pick, but Brander was expected to be gone. Was an absolute brilliant draft year for us. Particularly as Kelly is a done deal in 2020. Just ask Docker Fig 09.

A 20 year old that has played pretty much every role admirably at AFL level and will be an absolute gun 300 game player, future leader and future premiership player vs Tim Kelly who we'll most likely end up with anyway.

Allen any day of the week.

Yeah Key fwd out bring in Allen Ruckman out bring in Allen Key defender out bring in Allen.

Very impressive for a young key player and shows the club are well and truly invested and impressed by the kid !

Obviously Kelly. Who knew we’d be so good last year?

Either way we still won a flag last year and Allen is another preseason or two away from being physically up to scratch.

Ask me again in November.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Allen every time. JK will fall off a cliff soon and we already have another gun KPF in development. Kelly is good but I feel it is easier to get midfielders in trades then KPP (look how hard Freo had to try for them, Bulldogs never managed it).

Allen every time. JK will fall off a cliff soon and we already have another gun KPF in development. Kelly is good but I feel it is easier to get midfielders in trades then KPP (look how hard Freo had to try for them, Bulldogs never managed it).
Well they got Boyd, Schache and to a lesser extent Cloke

Back