WCE Pick 21 - Allen or Kelly

Who do you pick ?

• 22 year old instant impact gun Mid - Kelly

Votes: 8 11.9%
  • 18 year old sky is the limit swingman - Allen

Votes: 59 88.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Kelly should have been pick 21 he was always going to step up to afl straight away.13 should have been either brander or allen.hindsight is a wonderful thing.allen has developed a lot quicker then brander and by not picking Kelly at 21 it has cost in giving early draft picks to get him.i said from the moment they failed to pull the trigger on Kelly that it was a bad move.even if they failed to get allen they would have some good picks this draft.

Kelly should have been pick 21 he was always going to step up to afl straight away.13 should have been either brander or allen.hindsight is a wonderful thing.allen has developed a lot quicker then brander and by not picking Kelly at 21 it has cost in giving early draft picks to get him.i said from the moment they failed to pull the trigger on Kelly that it was a bad move.even if they failed to get allen they would have some good picks this draft.
Tbf If Brander develops like we hope, and Allen keeps going as he has then we have done very well.

Sure, a price of almost 2 drafts has been paid for Kelly, but we have at least 1 JK replacement already and Brander who could end up anywhere on the field.

Kelly restocks the midfield for 5 years, so window should stay open.

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we took a punt hoping TK would still be there at 26 knowing that OA probably wouldn't have been there.

While we ended up having to pay to get Kelly, I think if we didn't get OA at 21 he would have gone to another club and we wouldn't have ever gotten both OA & TK.

The fact we ended up getting them both means it has worked out pretty well in the long run.

Isn't the consensus that after the first three or four draftees that it's a very weak draft so no guarantee that we would have been able to draft a player/s if any consequence. I feel that with time that what we have had to give up will fade into oblivion in comparison to what Kelly will provide.

I will be interested to see which players gets drafted with our original picks - mind you we probably woukd have taken different players to the Club drafting a player at that particular pick in any event which is why will be difficult to judge with the exception that we know what we are getting with Kelly, and you can't say that in respect of any draftee. Some are success stories but many end up being duds.

2020 GF v Geelong.

"Jenkins with a big miss that would have put the cats up by 7 points with 1 minute to go"
" Hurn with the kick out long to Brander down the line who then hits up Kelly on the burst in the centre... Who then hits up O Allen 20 out from goals"

" 20 seconds to go. Nic Nat taps it to Kelly who is on the move and then kicks it on the tit of O Allen again 20 out from goals"

2020 GF v Geelong.

"Jenkins with a big miss that would have put the cats up by 7 points with 1 minute to go"
" Hurn with the kick out long to Brander down the line who then hits up Kelly on the burst in the centre... Who then hits up O Allen 20 out from goals"

" 20 seconds to go. Nic Nat taps it to Kelly who is on the move and then kicks it on the tit of O Allen again 20 out from goals"
How’d he miss from the goalsquare?

Brander is still the big question mark.may have seemed to good to pass up at the time but we wont know for a few years if it works out that way

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Back