WCE Player Refusing Vaccination

Remove this Banner Ad

$750,000 p.a

Potentially giving up 3/4 of that if he gets put in the inactive list.

All because he's trusting his mother-in-law (and he's an idiot).
Aren't we far enough down the road yet that there's enough evidence that suggests getting the vaccine has a marginal effect on stopping the spread and transmission of the virus?

Now that the dust is settling, I too would have concerns if I was an athlete with little risk of adverse effects if infected with the virus and then being coerced to take a shot that is still under EUA and whose medium to long term effects are unknown.

Aren't we far enough down the road yet that there's enough evidence that suggests getting the vaccine has a marginal effect on stopping the spread and transmission of the virus?

Now that the dust is settling, I too would have concerns if I was an athlete with little risk of adverse effects if infected with the virus and then being coerced to take a shot that is still under EUA and whose medium to long term effects are unknown.

Yawn.

lots of groupthink in this thread lad, not the place for that kinda post

did tim kelly get his second dose?

I ask again, have you ever seen lockdowns, masks, quarantines, vaccines to contain the spread of a flu in your lifetime? Like many Australian's you have a very sheltered and selfish view of the world because for the large part we have avoided the catastrophe that unfolded in other areas, we've been very fortunate.

With the Eastern states opening up we have had 750+ people die in Australia from COVID in 2022 already, half of your flu stats per year you keep trumpeting. Did I mention we aren't even out of January yet? Doesn't bode well for something people are writing off as just a mild virus.
Do you have links to those numbers for alleged covid deaths in 22? I'd like to see them.

Do you have links to those numbers for alleged covid deaths in 22? I'd like to see them.

You'll need to add them yourself, but here are Aussies daily published numbers. Deaths accelerated after he wrote that, so ended up a lot higher.

Last edited:
West Coast taking so long to make a decision on Darling does not bode well for him. I think his contract is going to be terminated.

We have until 9 March or thereabouts to decide whether to put him on the inactive list so we can replace him with an SSP.

No harm in taking our time with the decision, it’s a fairly complex issue. The team seems to be preparing for life without him, onfield at least.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

West Coast taking so long to make a decision on Darling does not bode well for him. I think his contract is going to be terminated.

Why would they make a decision until the last possible date?

They want him to play, obviously, and they'll be hoping he changes his mind until such time as they have no other option.

Have all players been vaccinated for measles, mumps, chicken pox, etc?
Or is society wide 90%+ ok for some diseases but we need 100% for this disease?

Almost certainly given it's 95% of 5 year olds and the ones that aren't are probably not professional sportspeople (unless they're drafted out of Byron Bay).

It's also an idiotic argument.

i was only being half serious.
i mean at some stage, the medical advice and industry, and politicians, have agreed that 95% coverage for protection against these diseases is perfectly fine for society, and when there are outbreaks, they make a media release, tell people in the areas to monitor for symptoms, etc. life goes on, no mandates for entry to places and events, for people to work, etc.
at what point in the future does this also apply to the 95% coverage for covid?
it surely will at some stage. thats all

personally im glad from a selfish football point of view he isnt playing - suns play eagles in round 1

i was only being half serious.
i mean at some stage, the medical advice and industry, and politicians, have agreed that 95% coverage for protection against these diseases is perfectly fine for society, and when there are outbreaks, they make a media release, tell people in the areas to monitor for symptoms, etc. life goes on, no mandates for entry to places and events, for people to work, etc.
at what point in the future does this also apply to the 95% coverage for covid?
it surely will at some stage. thats all

personally im glad from a selfish football point of view he isnt playing - suns play eagles in round 1

Eventually it will, I'm sure.

Currently it doesn't. Pandemic and such.

i mean at some stage, the medical advice and industry, and politicians, have agreed that 95% coverage for protection against these diseases is perfectly fine for society

No they dont. It's actually that 5 percent that dont get vaccinated (the anti-vaxxers) that are the cause of oubreaks of Polio, Smallpox and similar diseases that keep popping up.

As we've seen anti-vaxxers are a batshit crazy and persistent bunch. They'll go to any extremes to avoid vaccination, and then will usually move to little communities (liuke Byron Bay etc) where vaccination rates are relatively very low, and then outbreaks happen in those communities.

As we've also seen, anti-vaxxers are also near universally batshit crazy. Mandates dont do anything for that cohort other than punish them further, and make their life even more difficult than their mental illness already is already making it.

The mandates are there to push the 15 percent of the population that are prone to listening to ivermectin/ 5G/ nanoworms/ Agenda 21/ COVID is not real insanity and actually believing it into taking the more sensible option and getting vaccinated, and bringing them into line.

The other 80 percent of the population will get vaccinated because they're sensible, not crazy, and understand science.

No they dont. It's actually that 5 percent that dont get vaccinated (the anti-vaxxers) that are the cause of oubreaks of Polio, Smallpox and similar diseases that keep popping up.
So why are there not mandates for entry to places and events, for people to work, etc for these other diseases? As there is not doesnt that imply some level of ‘authority’ acceptance (although it never would be said so).

Maybe there should be? Will be?
Processes and infrastructure are in place now with vaccine passes and apps and the like.

So why are there not mandates for entry to places and events, for people to work, etc for these other diseases?

Because the only people you really catch with those mandates are the 5 percent anti-vaxx nutters.

Those people are overwhelmingly mentally unwell (Paranoid schizophrenia etc). Listen to them; talk of 5G, spoons sticking to them, nano-worms, microchips, 'plots' by Bill Gates, the WHO, WEF, Jews, Lizard people, 'Big Pharma' etc

Those are the words of the mentally unwell.

Accordingly, they're almost certainly struggling to find (and hold onto) employment, and find and maintain a tenancy or mortgage. Which also bears out in reality if you know any of these people. They're all on the fringes of society, and struggle in other areas of their lives.

Punishing them with mandates (which they wont abide by) simply punishes the already unwell, vulnerable and gullible, stripping them of employment, barring them from travel, removing benefits etc.

It was a necessary evil in this case, as a stop gap measure to increase vaccination rates, and designed as a measure to combat deliberate vaccine misinformation on social media (the likes of which we haven't seen with any other vaccine).

So why are there not mandates for entry to places and events, for people to work, etc for these other diseases? As there is not doesnt that imply some level of ‘authority’ acceptance (although it never would be said so).

Maybe there should be? Will be?
Processes and infrastructure are in place now with vaccine passes and apps and the like.
These days due to such a high vaccination rate, these diseases are really rare no one has pushed for it with adults. But there are mandates in some child care facilities and for some occupations and the government uses financial coercion through the family tax benefit to help keep the vax rates so high.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back