WCE Player Refusing Vaccination

Remove this Banner Ad

You should compare the rate at which non obese and not sickly people in the age range die of covid.
Or we could compare the rate at which non obese and not sickly people in that age range die from vaccines.

Edit: from a quick google I can see that from 338 million doses the vaccination-death ratio is 0.0018%. And that's without taking into consideration whether the people were obese or sickly, or their age.

Maybe the vaccines aren't really that dangerous?

Or we could compare the rate at which non obese and not sickly people in that age range die from vaccines.

Edit: from a quick google I can see that from 338 million doses the vaccination-death ratio is 0.0018%. And that's without taking into consideration whether the people were obese or sickly, or their age.

The vaccine injury would be of more interest to an elite athlete. These guys don't mind dying if they win.

Maybe they're not

But I also don't take panadol for super mild colds which is what covid is for the overwhelming majority of people.

I see queensland are on mega high alert over a couple cases, they're massively vaccinated, especially the vulnerable yet it seemingly counts for SFA. Not even the 'experts' trust the vaccines enough to commit to no more restrictions so how can anyone agree these should be forced...

I look forward to next footy season also ruined due to 'cases'. Get the vaccine though, it really matters lol

Because the fit/healthy under 50s interact with people that may not be fit, healthy or under 50 and if you are not vaccinated the risk of transmitting COVID is greatly increased, and the risk of ending up needing medical treatment is greatly increased.
But those not so fit, healthy and over 50s should be vaccinated, right? Which SHOULD (if a vaccine does what it is supposed to do) protect the recipient of the vaccine?

The vaccine injury would be of more interest to an elite athlete. These guys don't mind dying if they win.
Excuse my ignorance... but what vaccine injury?

From what I understand the adverse side effects of the vaccine are mild at best, short lasting, and most importantly: exceptionally rare. OTOH, there are some reports that claim only 80% of people will have a full recovery from COVID.

Excuse my ignorance... but what vaccine injury?

From what I understand the adverse side effects of the vaccine are mild at best, short lasting, and most importantly: exceptionally rare. OTOH, there are some reports that claim only 80% of people will have a full recovery from COVID.
It would be anything on the spectrum of zero to death.

But those not so fit, healthy and over 50s should be vaccinated, right? Which SHOULD (if a vaccine does what it is supposed to do) protect the recipient of the vaccine?

Of course.

However, there are higher levels of protection for society overall the more you vaccinate. It is proven, over and over again, that vaccinations (for COVID and all other diseases) vastly reduce the risk of transmission and need for medical treatment, even if it is not 100%.

It's pure selfishness for those that are medically able (and recommended) to vaccinate, choosing not to vaccinate. Plain and simple. What is there to argue?

If it's indeed Jack Darling being an anti-vaxxer I'd lead the campaign to deregister him before Round 1.

Of course.

However, there are higher levels of protection for society overall the more you vaccinate. It is proven, over and over again, that vaccinations (for COVID and all other diseases) vastly reduce the risk of transmission and need for medical treatment, even if it is not 100%.

It's pure selfishness for those that are medically able (and recommended) to vaccinate, choosing not to vaccinate. Plain and simple. What is there to argue?

If it's indeed Jack Darling being an anti-vaxxer I'd lead the campaign to deregister him before Round 1.
Why should someone risk their own health in order to protect other peoples health? Maybe if the vaccine worked properly everyone who got it wouldn't need to worry about what others did.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Statistically speaking, if even say NSW can only reach 95% vaccination then by simple extrapolation there must be several AFL players that also refuse to get vaccinated.

Many on the Eagles board have speculated it is Jack Darling.

That's not how the sample sizes work.

It's close to 100% of AFL players in Victoria vaccinated, AFAIK Liam Jones is the only one that's known, and most of the clubs have already confirmed the entire AFL playing group are vaccinated.

Whoa, settle down. What you're trying to tell me is that of the 756 players in the AFL, statistically speaking, if they were all to get the vaccine then 13/1000ths of one of the players is going to die!!!! :eek:

Oh really? So why do people still get sick after having it?

It stops you dying, and it stops mutations forming (the biggest problem behind death). If you get a flu shot, you can still catch the flu...it's the same with the covid vaccine. It just significantly dampens the effects via your immune system recognizing it as a foreign body, so you don't end up hospitalized or dying. It's not rocket science.

OK great! Now we're getting somewhere.

What's the percentage of fit and healthy athletes whose full-time job requires elite fitness and undergoing regular health tests having their "heart fuxked up, and (their) athletic career ruined"?

More or less than .02%?

1 in 20 people who get COVID end up with LongCOVID.

That will stuff the afl career.
Vaccines half this rate and reduce the effect.

People who had COVID often have scaring on the lungs, something no athlete will want.

My bet is Darling on the holdout.

It stops you dying, and it stops mutations forming (the biggest problem behind death). If you get a flu shot, you can still catch the flu...it's the same with the covid vaccine. It just significantly dampens the effects via your immune system recognizing it as a foreign body, so you don't end up hospitalized or dying. It's not rocket science.
So why do some jabs stop you from contracting the illness and others don't?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back