Game Day WCE v GWS : Sunday May 23 @ 11.10am WST. Delayed telecast, Delayed preview

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a pretty simple equation and i've said it repeatedly this year with our midfield outs. Unless all our primary mids play a blinder we will get torn to shreds against teams with strong midfields. You can have all the talent up front or down back (even then we have significant outs) but if you can't win the ball around the ground and spread to get effective inside 50's you will lose.

At the game. We were caned at the clearances and in the midfield.
We were too tall. Jones should have played instead of either Waterman or Ah Chee.
We are lacking heart and hunger.

Well I think this shows you the midset set of the lads...and its not good enough

mentally soft group of players who give up when the pressure is on

Simpson said we would find out where we are...well we have....frontrunners who do not cope under pressure away from home

Great win by GWS such as disappointing loss by the eagles
Losing does not equal giving up. Plenty to be flat about today but they fought it out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes some crap umpiring but that’s all games this weekend, really an insipid effort for most of that game. Need to get that heart and desire back.

Is hasn't been there since the flag......away from home the club has a serious issue and its not improving. It doesn't matter who we play away from home or where the opposition is on the ladder if they provided a contest we struggle and cannot win.

The talent is there unfortunately the mental side of the game we struggle away from home

We are a good team that will finish again in the bottom half of the ladder..... no where near a flag.....we just make up the numbers

Its crap but what do you do ??? Simpson doing nothing about our away form :rolleyes:

Guys at this game walking away so disappointed.
Our pressure will to chase and tackle is so bad.

Waterman playing for Jones major mistake.
Whitfield was on Waterman at stages and just run of him no desire to chase shown by Waterman.
Waterman just doesn't like to tackle all put physical pressure on

Nelson was s**t as well another that didn't chase hard enough
Hurn didn't chase as well.

Sheed was poor early.

Petch was very very good, forward line was good.

Liam Ryan didn't chase very well.

We could of won this game if our pressure had been better

Well I think this shows you the midset set of the lads...and its not good enough

mentally soft group of players who give up when the pressure is on

Simpson said we would find out where we are...well we have....frontrunners who do not cope under pressure away from home

Great win by GWS such as disappointing loss by the eagles
Tactically, we were beaten, nullified our defence by going tall, and without Gov, we couldn't match them. GWS kept getting goals through mismatches. TK disappointed, not enough from our mids. Ryan was useless first game back - he would want to lift next week or he will be in the magoos. All round, a very flat performance, killed in ground ball gets and intensity - same old story.

Not watching so admittedly not across what’s fully going on, but judging from the score line across the game, game does not deserve melts.

Giants in Sydney are a tough game, feel like we overate ourselves at times.

Apparently the tackling differential at half time was the biggest of the year. That's what shits everyone, we're soft as butter and should have won this with a bit more effort.

We don't do that at West coast. We are woke. The midfield will likely get a pat on the head, a freddo frog and a participation medal........🙄
This is me posting as myself personally and not as a mod or a reflection of the board. This is not official policy, just me a bit annoyed after a shitty loss - leave the “woke” s**t at the door.

It’s an embarrassing catch all term that just reads like you’re yelling at anyone and anything who will listen. Our football team is not “woke”.

I am old fashioned, praise the boys when they do well, roast them when they don't.

But hell, if you're happy with the status quo and the effort we served up today enjoy it 🤷‍♂️

Not at all happy, just don’t know where “wokeness” comes into it. And the idea Simpson is soft just seems to be something people cling onto when we lose. He publicly called his own players weak a few weeks ago

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back