Game Day WCE v GWS : Sunday May 23 @ 11.10am WST. Delayed telecast, Delayed preview

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not at all happy, just don’t know where “wokeness” comes into it. And the idea Simpson is soft just seems to be something people cling onto when we lose. He publicly called his own players weak a few weeks ago

Yeah and what good did it do?? We beat three bottom 8 clubs going through the motions and the same lacklustre effort keeps happening…

If anything he should be letting fly after we rack up another average win at home.. might fire them up to play away…

Waterman cant play in a side with allen, brander and williams in it.. totally tackling and defensive liability.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

How many genuine midfielders are in this side? Four. Sheed, Kelly, Gaff, Redden. Understand we have injuries and a lack of midfield depth but the formula just isn’t consistent enough. Also, how did the fitness staff sign off on Ryan? He was cooked in the second quarter. Lack of ground level pressure inside forward 50 really cost us - at one point tackles inside 50 were 14 to 1 giants.

Killed in uncontested and tackles again. Commentators noted we are the worst in the competition at pressure. So when our kick mark and power forward game game isn’t enough, we fall apart. The only clearance area we do well at is the centre bounce when Nic is in there - again, it isn’t enough. Maybe we pull it off with Shuey and Yeo back. Maybe. Also Duggan gives us drive off half back that we are missing.

Really feel sick about Gov being out for a while. He has looked a lot fitter this year and was playing well before he got injured.

Last edited:
They won because we are soft and sh*t around contests, they won't make finals.

Spud team beat some soft campaigners

We'll go home and win next week while the crowd cheers and feeds our egos

Yeah and thats the problem......frontrunners who struggle away from the comforts of home.........its crap and we are not improving

You cannot blame lack of personnel GWS where far depleted than us

Atm I'am not confident with us winning any game against anyone AWAY from home

Our next away games away from Optus

Blues MCG............carlton tough if they bring the heat WE WILL STRUGGLE
Swans SCG.............laugh no chance
Crows Adelaide.......just beat the top side at home 50/50 for me
Magpies MCG........basketcase atm we should win
Lions Gabba........reckon we will get smashed

On paper we SHOULD win the majority of those....but as we know if they provide the heat we will struggle ..so by my calculations I can only see one win against the pies....50/50 carlton Adelaide....No chance against The swine or brisbane

So not enough away wins to get in the top four.......wasted season again :mad:

Lack of tackling is just infuriating. As everyone here has said we're clearly (at least) one player too tall. Dropping Jones seems odd in hindsight and Waterman seems like a clear odd man out - especially still seeming a little down on form.

It also seems a bit like because we're lacking Yeo and Shuey guys like Redden and Sheed are having to be more focused on getting the ball out themselves rather than tackling.

Hurn and Ryan were clearly undercooked but should be better for the run. Also think the constant personnel changes in defence mean that structure is falling apart more often than it should and really costing us.

Ultimately it was a close loss against a decent team who had a pretty good day. Disappointing, but by no means embarassing.

Trade him out with Gov you reckon?

No tugga but why is our side so poor away from home compared to our form at home ???

You cannot blame injuries or lack of personnel . We are a completely different team when we travel away....when the opposition provides the heat we struggle why ???

We cannot win a flag if we cannot win away from home history has shown us that

Anyone else want to mention Sheed’s grubby action in the last quarter?

Humble in victory and gracious in defeat is what I would expect from players at our club (and that of the higher ups, I’d expect). That action on Hill was far from gracious. If Simmo wanted an example of a ‘weak’ footballer - there’s example 1a).

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Its games like this where you realise the team is just p*ssing away yet another season. What a f*cken waste of a talented group of individuals.

Looking forward to getting bundled out week 1 of finals again.

Yup good post spot on......this is what frustrates me the most......the waste of talent and another season gone

This is me posting as myself personally and not as a mod or a reflection of the board. This is not official policy, just me a bit annoyed after a shitty loss - leave the “woke” sh*t at the door.

It’s an embarrassing catch all term that just reads like you’re yelling at anyone and anything who will listen. Our football team is not “woke”.

Ok, we are "evolved": we appreciate and tolerate any effort (however poor) and our new aged, enlightened communication dictates thats angry words to our sensitive playing list is contrary to our sensibilities.......

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok, we are "evolved": we appreciate and tolerate any effort (however poor) and our new aged, enlightened communication dictates thats angry words to our sensitive playing list is contrary to our sensibilities.......
Simmo publicly called his players weak a few weeks ago, but go off. Your boys lost a game of footy so you’ve got to prove how angry you’d be in that situation.

Simmo publicly called his players weak a few weeks ago, but go off. Your boys lost a game of footy so you’ve got to prove how angry you’d be in that situation.

Action speak louder then words

Simpson did indeed call us weak......and yet, here we are, reverting to weak football. Same old issues: tackling, contested ball, ground ball......

Our lacking of tackling is an absolute indictment on our playing group and its maddening that it's never really been addressed for the past few seasons

Tough teams tackle. Period. We seem to be allergic to the tough stuff.

Its one thing to rightfully call our boys weak. It's quite another to be combative and address said weakness.

Another game, another season, and we are plagued by the same recurring problems......

I'm sure we notice it more in our own team, but the tackling seems like an embarrassment. Are there stats on missed tackles? If so, are we at the bottom of the table by heaps?

Baffles me how campaigners are just ready to melt even though we fought out the entire game.

Chill out kids, football is fun.

Shockingly predictable.

Selectors once again proving they aren't worth half the coin they are getting paid.

Too tall, dropping in form players for two extremely under done selections against a team that was always going to try and out run us.

Le sigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back