Wcoop

Remove this Banner Ad

after some research pretty sure I found him, Edison Nguyen.

Have played with him before but not often/while ago maybe

In that hand I did flat call and he had J9 so I felt pretty bumbed but I dont think hes calling a raise anyway, but raising the turn def makes me some more money

Not sure if he chk/calls my bet but probably does

Looks like he must hang around, in poker terms, with Oliver "Capitao" Gill, not surprising if they are both from sunny QLD. For some reason Gill is not popular among a certain segment of Australian players.

Looks like he must hang around, in poker terms, with Oliver "Capitao" Gill, not surprising if they are both from sunny QLD. For some reason Gill is not popular among a certain segment of Australian players.

lol i dont think anyone dislikes gill its just nobody likes being around him because he never shuts up

lol i dont think anyone dislikes gill its just nobody likes being around him because he never shuts up

Pretty sure a few of the top online tourney players think he's a *******, in fact I'm not just pretty sure I'm dead certain.

Seems OK to me though; doesn't seem nasty in anyway, just like you say wont shut his gob. Guess you can understand why they would think that though if you had to spend 10 hours a day sitting with him during a live tournament.

Edit: the BF editor changed f***wit to silly person

Agree with not betting flop, turn is OK - I think if you raise turn there are a lot of river cards that he can put you in a very bad spot on the river for the greater portion of your stack if he is the player you say he is.

If you think he is calling the turn a lot with worse hands, you have to raise. If you raise, there will be far fewer river cards you dislike (TC for example).

A mate played the 1k last night, apparently the current chip leader was cold calling 3 and 4 bets with hands like Q8, Q4, K5. o_O

Obviously he (the chip leader) sattied into the event.

This is mainly it

There is a big difference between disliking a person, and disliking a persons company.

There are a number of people playing live who while I dont mind them as people, I would never want to have a conversation with. In fact, that applies to almost everyone at Burswood.

Watching Daniel Colman rip through the WCOOP HU hi roller. Pretty sure he shipped this last time. Man is a freak, has to be in the top 5 NLH HU players in the world, and maybe the best right now, has a super thread on 2plus2 as well.

Colman takes it down - railed him for some time, he is a beast. This is his first WCOOP win I think, the other thing I was thinking of was SCOOP where he was runner up after they did a chop - both obviously HU events. They chopped today as well. He has freakish ability - Olivier Busquet bank rolled him after Colman got in touch with him and was calling out Busquet's hands over Skype. Every 4 bet pot he always seemed to have it when it went to showdown, he doesn't seem to miss a single spot and sees things that the rest of us cant.

Was just thinking in my head about how s**t im running the last month and esp this week and bink

PokerStars Hand #104649588620: Tournament #2013090055, $300+$20 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level III (20/40) - 2013/09/26 21:05:40 AEST [2013/09/26 7:05:40 ET]
Table '2013090055 77' 9-max Seat #7 is the button
Seat 1: railinheart (4170 in chips) is sitting out
Seat 2: FullOfBears (2543 in chips)
Seat 3: Benny81856 (6190 in chips)
Seat 4: xalkidas (4860 in chips)
Seat 5: Balog23 (4935 in chips)
Seat 6: Sherin-Art (3274 in chips)
Seat 7: cecko80 (4853 in chips)
Seat 8: jays94 (6520 in chips)
Seat 9: The Rabbi75 (5740 in chips)
jays94: posts small blind 20
The Rabbi75: posts big blind 40
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to FullOfBears 9:hearts: J:hearts:
railinheart: folds
FullOfBears: raises 60 to 100
Benny81856: calls 100
xalkidas: calls 100
Balog23: calls 100
Sherin-Art: folds
cecko80: folds
jays94: folds
The Rabbi75: calls 60
*** FLOP *** J:diamonds: 9:spades: 4:clubs:
The Rabbi75: bets 320
FullOfBears: raises 600 to 920
Benny81856: folds
xalkidas: folds
Balog23: folds
The Rabbi75: raises 600 to 1520
FullOfBears: raises 923 to 2443 and is all-in
The Rabbi75: calls 923
*** TURN *** J:spades:
*** RIVER *** 3:diamonds:
*** SHOW DOWN ***
The Rabbi75: shows 9:diamonds: 9:clubs: (a full house, Nines full of Jacks)
FullOfBears: shows 9:hearts: J:hearts: (a full house, Jacks full of Nines)
FullOfBears collected 5406 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 5406 | Rake 0
Board [Jd 9s 4c Js 3d]

near bubbled the 320 KJ<64 aipf flop 449 for a bullet to the head

had a really frustrating hour of 93o every hand folded down to like 10bb then kept getting 82o etc and let myself get down to around 8bb and have KJ on the btn, CO opens 64 i ship he calls and gets there

(Log in to remove this ad.)

near bubbled the 320 KJ<64 aipf flop 449 for a bullet to the head

had a really frustrating hour of 93o every hand folded down to like 10bb then kept getting 82o etc and let myself get down to around 8bb and have KJ on the btn, CO opens 64 i ship he calls and gets there

bl Judd, tourney poker is a bitch most of the time, but the reason we play it is for that time when it isn't, when all of those rough beats are completely worthwhile.

yeh exactly, i certainly enjoy tourny poker more than cash game poker but my interest between the two usually ebs and flows

I guess its deep run tourny>good cash game>avg tourny session>bad/std cash game

Bad cash game runs >>> bad tournament runs

Unless you cold bubble like 5 in a row, then as a general rule cash sucks more because its harder to recover from a 10x buy-in downswing in cash then it is in tournaments.

FWIW I went about 5 series in Perth in a row where I would brick everything, and then win/top 3 the last side event and make a small win for the series.

Compare that to live cash where I had a 30x BI downswing which took a long time to get out of (admittedly I had some higher stakes game in there which I adjusted for my normal game when I did play 4x as big as usual)

I'm probably in the opposite camp Ash, but I generally don't play live cash. The thing I don't like about running bad in tournies is that you can play for 8 hours online, play really well, get a few bad beats then make something like $100 with $8k up top or whatever. Also because tourney is such a preflop game, generally you are going to run into more variance compared to cash because, for example, getting it in preflop vs a villain with 3 outs is going to destroy you more (just in terms of raw percentages) than if you get it in on the turn and he only has 3 outs, the latter happening more in a cash game where everyone is 100 BB deep.

Having said that, obviously overall tournament play is probably more rewarding. Its very difficult to win the amount of $ from playing cash tables compared to if you win a tournament of comparable BI. So winning a low stakes tourney will obviously get you more than playing a certain number of low stakes tables for example. Even if you are sun-running you can't get near the amount of $ you could make from a tournament win compared to cash over the same number of hands. There's also the finality of winning/going bust on the final table of a tournament where you have something to show for your efforts, whereas the cash games just grind on and on.

Will admit what does colour my perspective on cash vs tournament is that I don't play high/mid stakes cash. I've never gone beyond 200NL online, so generally I'm playing against weaker opposition where to recoup dropped BIs is much easier than say if I were playing 1000NL. In a tournament if I go busto from some random doing something donkish, that's it I'm gone, whereas at a cash table if I lose a BI vs the same player doing something similar I'm not actually unhappy as I know I have a very good chance of getting those lost $ back if he stays at the table, given he's just made a bad play and is probably not a good player.

Live cash can be frustrating for sure, I remember I had about a 4 month spell because of burn out came back and dropped about 8 buyins in the first week through massive coolers n stuff like that and I couldn't really remember what winning felt like (obviously it's not even close to a downswing but coming back after not playing for a while really made it sting)

I don't think its as frustrating though as opening up a 20 tourney session and not cashing or getting a stack in any of them which can happen quite a bit

One thing I enjoyed about PLO since I started playing more live cash and HU of it was variance bothered me very little

A couple of years ago I was basically playing without a bankroll but sat in a juicy 5/10/20 game and lost 6k including a 10k pot but it didn't bother me a bit because of the nature of the game

I guess in tourneys it's so rare you FT in big events that if you don't take advantage of them it can really crus you, while in cash games you always have the next hand and in PLO there are always good opportunities

To clarify, I meant my comments purely from a live setting.

Online I think it would be the other way, particularly with the disgusting variance that comes with playing massive field events, and cash being regularly available at many levels.

From a live perspective, a big cash game might get up because a certain someone might want to play poker this week instead of spending their millions elsewhere. You play for a week, lose 5 buyins over two nights, then the game stops.

From there, you are stuck back playing games up to 5 times as small, and are now effectively 25BIs in the hole.

Obviously my experiences are going to be a bit different (since I always seem to get better results later in series for some reason, lol samplesize etc...) but I just feel that live tournaments aren't nearly as frustrating as live cash

Additionally, the variance between a live cash table and a live tournament in terms of EV is massively different. In cash, one whale can turn an average table into the best table on the night, and getting a bit "lucky" with seat selection. In tournaments however, generally my expectation for most $300 tournaments is going to be the same every month.

Prob better for me to 5bet/call rather than just 4bet ship it but I took the easy way out

got up from my couch and put my backpack on for the extra river equity and it paid off

PokerStars Hand #104799595830: Tournament #2013090064, $200+$15 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level VII (100/200) - 2013/09/30 3:23:07 AEST [2013/09/29 13:23:07 ET]
Table '2013090064 243' 8-max Seat #6 is the button
Seat 1: Spraggs (27998 in chips)
Seat 2: A.A_THE_W.55 (14233 in chips)
Seat 3: tioalberto (4755 in chips)
Seat 4: aces1096 (29824 in chips)
Seat 5: FullOfBears (6300 in chips)
Seat 6: stipanas (11592 in chips)
Seat 7: iAct.VolanD (4952 in chips)
Seat 8: Aufangzeb (10814 in chips)
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to FullOfBears [Ah Kc]
Spraggs: folds
A.A_THE_W.55: raises 260 to 460
tioalberto: folds
aces1096: calls 460
FullOfBears: raises 662 to 1122
stipanas: folds
iAct.VolanD: folds
Aufangzeb: folds
A.A_THE_W.55: raises 1100 to 2222
aces1096: folds
FullOfBears: raises 4053 to 6275 and is all-in
A.A_THE_W.55: calls 4053
*** FLOP *** [Jh 5h 9s]
*** TURN *** [3d]
*** RIVER *** [Kd]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
A.A_THE_W.55: shows [Qh Qs] (a pair of Queens)
FullOfBears: shows [Ah Kc] (a pair of Kings)
FullOfBears collected 13510 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 13510 | Rake 0
Board [Jh 5h 9s 3d Kd]

To clarify, I meant my comments purely from a live setting.

Online I think it would be the other way, particularly with the disgusting variance that comes with playing massive field events, and cash being regularly available at many levels.

From a live perspective, a big cash game might get up because a certain someone might want to play poker this week instead of spending their millions elsewhere. You play for a week, lose 5 buyins over two nights, then the game stops.

From there, you are stuck back playing games up to 5 times as small, and are now effectively 25BIs in the hole.

Obviously my experiences are going to be a bit different (since I always seem to get better results later in series for some reason, lol samplesize etc...) but I just feel that live tournaments aren't nearly as frustrating as live cash

Additionally, the variance between a live cash table and a live tournament in terms of EV is massively different. In cash, one whale can turn an average table into the best table on the night, and getting a bit "lucky" with seat selection. In tournaments however, generally my expectation for most $300 tournaments is going to be the same every month.

yeah ash you just did remind me of the shitty feelong of losing 3-4k in the 5/10 game then having to grind 2/5 the next month cause the game doesnt get up often

34k from 10k 4 hours in, avg is 24k

won some flips got some bluffs off etc and had JT v 7T on a board of 679Q8

been running ok tonight but havent been able to do anything with it, win 3 flips then lose the 4th for it all, down to 2 tables done regging

blew that up pretty quickly, put out a thin value bet with top pair and got snapped by top two KQ>KJ then had a failed bluff than ran my 17bb JJ into AA and QQ preflop to bust when its too late to sleep and too early to go into the office

1 mincash for wcoop overall

Remove this Banner Ad

Back