WCW... :(

Remove this Banner Ad

As a young kid I can still remember when Scott Hall first made his appearance in WCW interrupting a match. I also remember in high school that people could walk around in nWo shirts and not be laughed at for liking wrestling. Once WCW began losing its way in the late 90s I tuned out and never watched wrestling again.

Just watched the Monday Nitro intro on YouTube and had massive nostalgia!

Watching WCW Nitro ranks up there with watching Tony Modra as one of the things I really miss from my childhood.

i think that was the same ppv where the yeti debuted.

brilliant.

And after the Monster Truck challenge, didn't Hogan throw the Giant off the roof of the arena, only for the Giant to wrestle in the main event totally unharmed?

As for WCW gimmicks, what about Kevin Nash as Oz?

kevin+nash+-+oz.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was bored last night so I watched Spring Stampede 98'. Pretty damn good PPV.

Goldberg vs Saturn - Great
Ultimo Dragon vs Chavo Guererro Jr - Great
Chris Benoit vs Booker T - Great, 4 Star match
Chris Jericho vs Prince Iukea - Good
La Parka vs Psychosis - Good
DDP vs Raven - Great
British Bulldog vs Curt Hennig - Decent psychology but too short
Lex Luger and Rick Steiner vs Scott Steiner and Bagwell - Bleeeghhh
Roddy Piper and The Giant vs Hogan and Nash - Meh, there were worse matches involving these guys.
Sting vs Macho Man - Good match but with a poor finish.

Which was the finger point main event? GBerg vs Nash? Can't believe I paid for that s**t

None of them. The "Finger Poke of Death" happened on the January 4th 1999 Nitro in a match between Hogan and Nash and is considered by many as the in-ring end of WCW.

The night before at Starrcade 98, Goldberg had his streak ended by Nash thanks to a Scott Hall taser shot.

Although, if you extrapolate it further for Australians - we did pay for that s**t - since Nitro aired on Foxtel.

Fair, all I seem to remember was paying for a show with some Mexicans at the start carrying the load for a bloated main event - that was bisshoff wcw . Personally a bigger fan of 87-92 wwf but I guess it's an age thing right

Personally a bigger fan of 87-92 wwf but I guess it's an age thing right
Everything's better looking back. Hey in 15 years time the little WWE kids will be looking back saying.

"Man it was so good back in the day when we saw John Cena in every main event and when we saw (Goldberg/Brock/Batista rip off) Ryback. I hate this 2030 era WWE"

Would be amazing! I have to say Sting is my absolute favourite. I kinda like it how he is jsut having fun in TNA now. He still looks awesome for his age. I saw him do a suicide dive out of the ring and I was like NO STING YOUR TOO OLD. Sting, Undertaker and HBK have aged so well as opposed to Flair, Hogan and Nash

Remove this Banner Ad

Back