Analysis We’re in the Grand Final!!! Pies by 39 pts

Remove this Banner Ad

Same Here SwanDaneFan1991 I was not expecting us to win so I had no expect and how to Feel IF we Won like we did

I am lot more worried about this Game then last week. I only felt nervous about game last week about hour before the Game but I started feeling Worrid/Nervous about this week straight after the Siren went

You know what Dave? The closer it gets to the day, the more toey I become. I'll probably be joining you by teeth chattering and chewing my nails come Saturday.

It makes sense to be worried. They beat us twice during the year. The first time around we should have buried them after a fast start, but we didn't have De Goey nor Coxy. Evidenced by how much difference that made against Richmond, you can see how we might have slaughtered them, and kept the long winning record against them at the MCG, intact. The second time around? The umpires went missing in the last quarter, and few lucky goals and a parochial home crowd got them over the line. They only got to the Grand Final because Melbourne forgot to turn up. Absolute p!ss week performance that.

The media will still look for reasons to question our ability to win on Saturday, but they have done this all year. The only bloke I know who goes for Collingwood, is Tony Jones, and even he stays impartial. Having phuckwits like Damien Parrot, John Ralph and Slobbo reporting on us in the papers doesn't help build confidence, so I ignore their opinion, just like I did during the week just gone. Their opinion, as with all other punters who doubted us, still didn't change the result, amirite?

It's a Grand Final Dave. Being nervous is the best part, because five minutes to go in the last quarter, you can look over at the score board, realise it's all over, and let yourself finally relax, and know all the anxiety and loss of sleep throughout the year, has been bloody worth it!

Ninja edit: We had De Goey and he kicked four. FMD. We didn't have Treloar and apparently we lost blokes throughout the day. What did they expect?

Last edited:

You know what Dave? The closer it gets to the day, the more toey I become. I'll probably be joining you by teeth chattering and chewing my nails come Saturday.

It makes sense to be worried. They beat us twice during the year. The first time around we should have buried them after a fast start, but we didn't have De Goey nor Coxy. Evidenced by how much difference that made against Richmond, you can see how we might have slaughtered them, and kept the long winning record against them at the MCG, intact. The second time around? The umpires went missing in the last quarter, and few lucky goals and a parochial home crowd got them over the line. They only got to the Grand Final because Melbourne forgot to turn up. Absolute p!ss week performance that.

The media will still look for reasons to question our ability to win on Saturday, but they have done this all year. The only bloke I know who goes for Collingwood, is Tony Jones, and even he stays impartial. Having phuckwits like Damien Parrot, John Ralph and Slobbo reporting on us in the papers doesn't help build confidence, so I ignore their opinion, just like I did during the week just gone. Their opinion, as with all other punters who doubted us, still didn't change the result, amirite?

It's a Grand Final Dave. Being nervous is the best part, because five minutes to go in the last quarter, you can look over at the score board, realise it's all over, and let yourself finally relax, and know all the anxiety and loss of sleep throughout the year, has been bloody worth it!

There Remind me of a Pre-Season game with lack of Intensity and Effort.

Would you be Relax IF we are the 1 Losing?

I keep away from Media and Read and Listen to the Crap they come up with.

Like in 2010/2011 I try and stay away from Media before the Game

Haven't posted in this thread yet.

Watching the game, I was just stunned. I watched with two Richmond supporting mates, who it's fair to say carried a fair bit of confidence into the game. If this were any other game, or against any other team, I probably would have enjoyed trading barbs and cocky banter with them, and I would've really let them have it. But not this game. I was just stunned. A mixture of excitement, elation, the nervousness throughout the whole game. It gave me those same overwhelming chills that I got during the 2010 prelim against the Cats - that "holy s**t I really think we can do this" realisation, that I'm usually a bit wary of. Couldn't wipe the smile off my face for the rest of Friday and Saturday.

Now I'm not sure how I feel to be honest. Probably a case of the above excitement, elation, the nervousness, but at a much lower intensity (for now), brought on by a more sober head, and also having seen how good the Eagles were against the Dees. At the start of the season, even after putting together a string of good games, I didn't think making the GF was possible. Now I don't think it's out of the question that we win it! Now I'm trying to calm myself by looking for omens, coincidences and superstitions that say we'll win (and I've latched onto a few!), but it's a strange feeling when even your Carlton supporting next door neighbour wants you to win. Even my Sydney supporting boss who hates the Pies was happy for us to beat the Tigs. Makes you think "who are you, and what's your game!?".

Anyway, that's this thought-dump over. I should get back to work.

Can anyone still believe it? I was 8 years younger in 2010 and so I didn't quite understand the feeling of that time, but I know it was good.
I just dont know how to feel at the moment, it feels like a dream. And I feel more than confident we can bring it home, is that bad?

I know what you're saying... I was 14 in 1990, and looking back I don't think I truly understood what the old timers who endured the 60's, 70's (ugh) and 80's would have felt ...

2010 I know I definitely appreciated it more.

I know what you're saying... I was 14 in 1990, and looking back I don't think I truly understood what the old timers who endured the 60's, 70's (ugh) and 80's would have felt ...

2010 I know I definitely appreciated it more.
Relief is how l felt, as l thought l would never see the day, the heart ache of what went before gives a terrible feeling.

Album of a bunch of gifs I've made so far. Should be able to navigate left/right through them all.

Still cannot believe what happened, absolutely pulled the rug out from under them. Still coming to terms with the fact we're in a grand final this week. Who saw that coming at the end of last season? We just wanted to make the 8...

Post and position amended.

Go Pies.

Get it done you good things. Keep the cup in Vic.
Dont care if it means you get another Flag. Get it done and keep the WC reliving 2015 as their best GF performance of this decade.

And most of all - do it for TV! Sponsored him for his entire time at GFC - stellar bloke.

GO Pies.

He's a seriously underrated player.
Many here questioned bringing him in only to be shocked by his attack on the ball and his hardness.
It's a trade that has proven to be a great one from our POV.
In retrospect I'm amazed that the cats let him go.
Was he recognised at Geelong for his toughness? or was it underplayed?

Pure silk.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Album of a bunch of gifs I've made so far. Should be able to navigate left/right through them all.

Still cannot believe what happened, absolutely pulled the rug out from under them. Still coming to terms with the fact we're in a grand final this week. Who saw that coming at the end of last season? We just wanted to make the 8...

How many goals did Rance get kicked on him lmao.

DuckToaster this is some serious hard work right here.

Will anyone be brave enough to post this on the "Richmond Supporters Only" thread? Perhaps one of our lurking Carlton friends can take a hit for their temporary September fancy?

Oh Shane, you gave me palpitations when you first came to the club.

But he could kick a goal Maggie, when it counted!!!

Skip to 0:38 for relevant footage. It might have had Presti beat too. Almost.

Meet the Prophet of the Lord!! :bowing: :babyangel:

Serious question. How many times has everyone watched the replay from Friday night?

Last edited:
Whatever the result, hope we can keep this team and fit them in under our salary cap.
I cannot possibly see how we can keep them. I was arguing with a bombers mate who was saying that West Coast's performance to get in the grand final without Gaff and Nicnat was awesome, then i proceeded to lecture him that we were missing Elliott, Wells, Reid, Dunn, Moore and Sharanberg and almost all of them would be top 15 players in every club if fully fit, Then there is Apples, Broomhead, Daicos Brown x 2 Murphy Mclarty Wills etc etc. They just cannot all get a game. Some will leave for more opportunities and some will want to get paid.
We are in a great position, but equalization will get us sadly

Relief is how l felt, as l thought l would never see the day, the heart ache of what went before gives a terrible feeling.
Absolutely relief Leftie. My sister and I were there at every Pies GF from '70 onward, keeping the faith - ever fainter with each successive, painful failure.

90 was quite simply redemption - it was like being released from jail, tears came before cheers for so many of us older supporters - tears of joy and relief.

Bugger, I didn't see Degoeys brilliant body work to take a contested 1 hander vs Rance. It was my favourite bit of play all night.

Great work all the same Ducky.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back