We always end promising seasons interstate

Remove this Banner Ad

dr venkman

Draftee
Jan 9, 2012
NSW
AFL Club
North Melbourne
So is it me, or does every season with a bit of promise end in a whimper interstate?

What’s your favourite?

2007 - Port thumping in the Prelim. Tredrae bowing to the crowd and the Mexican wave made the following weekend karma

2008 - zero fight in the wet Sydney in front of 12,000 strong elimination final crowd.. Went from pushing for top 4 to finishing 7th in the space of a week

2012 - used every bit of luck to turn around a poor start to the season to make the finals and meet our fate at Subiaco in a Father’s Day massacre

2014 - Sydney prelim and another flogging in which we made Kurt Tippet look good

2015 - probably the only none embarrassing one, with a good fight put up and a fair case the umpires at Subiaco didn’t help the cause

2016 - burn out after the 9-0 start, barely limping to Adelaide ready to be served at hiding

2018 - showed some fight to get back, and I’m thankful the demons got up as it takes a little of the pain of the loss away

So is it me, or does every season with a bit of promise end in a whimper interstate?

What’s your favourite?

2007 - Port thumping in the Prelim. Tredrae bowing to the crowd and the Mexican wave made the following weekend karma

2008 - zero fight in the wet Sydney in front of 12,000 strong elimination final crowd.. Went from pushing for top 4 to finishing 7th in the space of a week

2012 - used every bit of luck to turn around a poor start to the season to make the finals and meet our fate at Subiaco in a Father’s Day massacre

2014 - Sydney prelim and another flogging in which we made Kurt Tippet look good

2015 - probably the only none embarrassing one, with a good fight put up and a fair case the umpires at Subiaco didn’t help the cause

2016 - burn out after the 9-0 start, barely limping to Adelaide ready to be served at hiding

2018 - showed some fight to get back, and I’m thankful the demons got up as it takes a little of the pain of the loss away
The sad thing is bar 2015 we always put ourselves in these situations through poor dumb lapses throughout the season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back