Mega Thread Celebrating Kora the Companion Dog-the Casual Chat Thread: Part Deux

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who's 45?
Holmes.

kAri8ej.jpg

Got this signed as well.

Patriots beat The Panthers, yes only a pre season game, but i'm still excited. Reckon we will cope fine without the GOAT's unjustified suspension reinstated, tipping we'll go 3-1 without Brady. #DoYourJob

Patriots beat The Panthers, yes only a pre season game, but i'm still excited. Reckon we will cope fine without the GOAT's unjustified suspension reinstated, tipping we'll go 3-1 without Brady. #DoYourJob

No one cares.

Brady is a cheat.

Who's in the wrong here?

Yesterday I had to go and finish off a job in the morning and then go to my bosses house around midday to pick up some gear for the rest of the day. While I was there he has a habit of saying you're working Saturday and not asking and he was like "you're working tomorrow as I need you to" but I already have plans for today to go to Jamboree and have tickets bought already, however he says it and then keeps talking so you can't but in. I figured I'd see what time I have to be there and if I can work in the morning, found out I can't so I called him back about two hours later when I finished the job I was at. He then says "you have to be ******* kidding me, you just stuffed everything, go to the job for tomorrow and work until it's dark". So I did that and worked under head lights until 6:30.

If he asks me on a Friday arvo if I can work Saturday I'm going to have plans?!
Meb'll give you the legal yes or no, but surely it's not COMPULSORY every time they ask you to do overtime. We've got a "reasonable overtime" clause in our EBA but you can still say no if you've got something else on. I'd say you should've told him no straight away though, not wait till later.

Meb'll give you the legal yes or no, but surely it's not COMPULSORY every time they ask you to do overtime. We've got a "reasonable overtime" clause in our EBA but you can still say no if you've got something else on. I'd say you should've told him no straight away though, not wait till later.

Exactly. Don't umm and ahh about it.

It's the weekend and you've got plans. Stand your ground.

Just been spending some quality time with my little 10 day old nephew, got to witness his first spew and nappy change which was fun.

I didn't want to witness the nappy change but my sister wanted to show me how to do it just in case I needed to do it.

I said afterwards you can keep that job, I'll just do the holding him job, he looks like a little koala clinging on to a big gum tree when I hold him.

Anyway just back home now to watch the All Blacks embarrass the Wallabies again.

Just been spending some quality time with my little 10 day old nephew, got to witness his first spew and nappy change which was fun.

I didn't want to witness the nappy change but my sister wanted to show me how to do it just in case I needed to do it.

I said afterwards you can keep that job, I'll just do the holding him job, he looks like a little koala clinging on to a big gum tree when I hold him.

Anyway just back home now to watch the All Blacks embarrass the Wallabies again.
Little tip to changing nappies.

Put a pedestal fan in the corner of the room, blowing across the change table.

Smell ??

What smell ?

Little tip to changing nappies.

Put a pedestal fan in the corner of the room, blowing across the change table.

Smell ??

What smell ?

The problem with baby s**t is it's all liquid and goes everywhere, they don't just push out one or two solid little turds that are easy to clean up.

It's like when you've been on the piss for a few days and you get the squirts or the green apple splatters as they called it in South Park.

I guess when babies just drink milk all the time you can't expect them to drop anything solid.

The problem with baby s**t is it's all liquid and goes everywhere, they don't just push out one or two solid little turds that are easy to clean up.

It's like when you've been on the piss for a few days and you get the squirts or the green apple splatters as they called it in South Park.

I guess when babies just drink milk all the time you can't expect them to drop anything solid.
What it looked like never bothered me.

Smell was a different story.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wallabies are showing some backbone, only 15-9 so far.

The Kiwi crowd going very quiet, they expected a massacre.

The French referee is a massive flog though, showboating and whistle happy like Razor Ray.

Joys of umpiring. Had a gentleman that decided to do a striptease after scoring a goal.

He couldn't understand why i sent him off.

Full nude striptease or just took his jumper off?

Just taking your jumper off is a flog act but not red card material.

I never scored enough tries in rugby or goals in footy to think about doing a celebration, I was in too much shock due to the fact I'd actually scored.

Full nude striptease or just took his jumper off?

Just taking your jumper off is a flog act but not red card material.

I never scored enough tries in rugby or goals in footy to think about doing a celebration, I was in too much shock due to the fact I'd actually scored.

Lowered the strides as well.

Jazny could you please confirm that all these place names are real? :eek:
14117899_687280608088673_7107011097867161806_n.jpg

I'm happy to confirm Penguin, Cooee, Nowhere Else, Paradise, Snug, Eggs & Bacon Bay, Satans Lair, Dunny's Dam, The Never Never, Breasted Sugarloaf, Wet Bay, Little Dismal, Little Hell, Bust-me-Gut Hill, Break-me-Neck Hill, Promised Land, and (Lower) Crack Pot. Never been to Crack Pot proper...

Well done to the Wallabies, they lost but they didn't embarrass themselves like last week.

I shouldn't gloat I played against players from NZ provincial rugby teams like Auckland, Otago and Canterbury and they were hard enough.

Playing against the All Blacks would be a nightmare.

I once did a massive aeroplane did very into a puddle in the forward pocket after kicking my 10th against a pretty lowly side. Bit of a flog act now I look back on it

Im going to guess you never did a striptease on the ground though

Who's in the wrong here?

Yesterday I had to go and finish off a job in the morning and then go to my bosses house around midday to pick up some gear for the rest of the day. While I was there he has a habit of saying you're working Saturday and not asking and he was like "you're working tomorrow as I need you to" but I already have plans for today to go to Jamboree and have tickets bought already, however he says it and then keeps talking so you can't but in. I figured I'd see what time I have to be there and if I can work in the morning, found out I can't so I called him back about two hours later when I finished the job I was at. He then says "you have to be ******* kidding me, you just stuffed everything, go to the job for tomorrow and work until it's dark". So I did that and worked under head lights until 6:30.

If he asks me on a Friday arvo if I can work Saturday I'm going to have plans?!
There are no additional provisions in your Award regarding Overtime (except pay) so I revert to the Fair Work Act.

An employer can request that an employee work reasonable overtime and the employee can only refuse if the request is unreasonable.
Things that must be taken into account:
  • any risk to health and safety from working the extra hours
  • the employee’s personal situation, including their family responsibilities
  • the needs of the workplace
  • if the employee is entitled to receive overtime payments or penalty rates for working the extra hours
  • if they are paid at a higher rate on the understanding that they work some overtime
  • if the employee was given enough notice that they may have to work overtime
  • if the employee has already stated they can’t ever work overtime
  • the usual patterns of work in the industry.
I know that leaves you in a bit of no man's land because the above is open to interpretation but neither of you are particularly 'right' or 'wrong' according to the legislation.

There are no additional provisions in your Award regarding Overtime (except pay) so I revert to the Fair Work Act.

An employer can request that an employee work reasonable overtime and the employee can only refuse if the request is unreasonable.
Things that must be taken into account:
  • any risk to health and safety from working the extra hours
  • the employee’s personal situation, including their family responsibilities
  • the needs of the workplace
  • if the employee is entitled to receive overtime payments or penalty rates for working the extra hours
  • if they are paid at a higher rate on the understanding that they work some overtime
  • if the employee was given enough notice that they may have to work overtime
  • if the employee has already stated they can’t ever work overtime
  • the usual patterns of work in the industry.
I know that leaves you in a bit of no man's land because the above is open to interpretation but neither of you are particularly 'right' or 'wrong' according to the legislation.

Getting told Friday arvo that you are working Saturday isn't notice enough, I wouldn't have thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back