We are being treated like a joke. A rant.

Remove this Banner Ad

And when people make mistakes closing off the “bar till” for example at your club, you fine the volunteer barman internally ensuring he doesn’t do it again...?
If that’s the only way we can achieve compliance I’m assuming.

They love promoting that fees haven’t increased in 4 years... How much has fines and merchandising costs / profits increased across the same period along with licensing fees from suppliers...?!?

These fines that are targeted towards mums and dads on a Sunday are outrageous... it drives a division between clubs and the league every time ones issued... is that utopia...?!?

It’s hard enough to engage and encourage people to be involved in the imperfect administration roles that exist within grassroots sports - Help people fix the problem each Monday rather that beating people with a stick... Effectively, we are paying for the service anyway through affiliation costs and with our feet at the finals... Juniors don’t even get the choice with the levy in place.

In all my years being in operations, I can’t remember a time that the two areas of CLUB and LEAUGE have been more disconnected.

Last edited:
And when people make mistakes closing off the “bar till” for example at your club, you fine the volunteer barman internally ensuring he doesn’t do it again...?
If that’s the only way we can achieve compliance I’m assuming.

They love promoting that fees haven’t increased in 4 years... How much has fines and merchandising costs / profits increased across the same period along with licensing fees from suppliers...?!?

These fines that are targeted towards mums and dads on a Sunday are outrageous... it drives a division between clubs and the league every time ones issued... is that utopia...?!?

It’s hard enough to engage and encourage people to be involved in the imperfect administration roles that exist within grassroots sports - Help people fix the problem each Monday rather that beating people with a stick... Effectively, we are paying for the service anyway through affiliation costs and with our feet at the finals... Juniors don’t even get the choice with the levy in place.

In all my years being in operations, I can’t remember a time that the two areas of CLUB and LEAUGE have been more disconnected.
I said “while I agree $100 fines aren’t the way forward”

They need a better system like a reward system.

I think the fines are disgusting to mostly already struggling clubs.

People are volunteers running clubs. It’s pretty disgusting to fine a volunteer

I know its easy taking pot shots at the NFNL from the cheap seats, but I have to go again.

The ridiculousness of the Preston situation is starting to make everyone I speak to get angrier and angrier.

I know the Knights or Blues organise the food, but the signs clearly say NFNL prices so when you pay $5 for an egg and bacon sandwich it’s a complete rip off that you get an egg and a quarter strip of bacon. A Hamburger should have more than just the meat between 2 slices of plain bread. Why is the beer $6? They have to make money I know that, but they continue to turn people away. $15 to get in is still more than VFL.

What grinds me more is the contempt the place has for us. To not allow anyone to stand out of the rain in that small undercover area due to official function is wrong. Watching parents with young kids or even babies leave early in the twos game shows how in touch the NFNL is with what people want. Not everyone can fit in the stand. Seeing a father change his baby in the needle infested toilets out the back is embarrassing for the league.

It has to be time they take use of this ground to the Clubs. Everything about it is terrible, even the surface on Saturday was concrete in the middle for the 19s GF where I saw players slide everywhere and many players after the game with cuts and bruises. Then when the rain inevitably comes it’s a slippery bog hole.

What else annoys me about the NFNL, they can suspend a few 17 year olds for social media violations (happened last few weeks) and I have no doubt that if they knew I was a 27 year old female named Elizabeth from King Lake they would investigate me or others on here so why not use this platform to explain what and why. I want to know what the Knights or Blues get and give the NFNL. What we make on food and entrance fees and if analysis has been done on using other ground. I will be honest with the state of the surface at Epping and Whittlesea are still is my preferred ground but La Trobe Uni in Heidelberg West or the one in Bundoora have awesome grounds with great parking….we need to try somewhere else.

If you agree only a little with me then email your Clubs President and state that. They have to attend the AGM and if enough Clubs raise the issue then maybe change can happen.

Dear NFNL, stop boasting that you are the best league around due to some uninteresting and overpriced intercomp game that only you seem to care about. Other than the work of Sam in his media role (which he does very well IMO) the rest of it is run second rate.

Dear NFNL, please detail all revenue and expenditure for the finals in this year’s report. Show us why we have to continually go there is a sound decision.

Dear NFNL, please understand you are here to administer the game in all Clubs interest, not your own. If we have to go to Preston, then sit them down and lay down the laws to them. Not allowing people into the social rooms to celebrate after a game is moronic, some players want to congratulate their opponent, and this is impossible. If you have to have a president’s function (junket) then give them all a ticket to presentation night and leave it at that. Don’t take up room and more money with a private function on GF day.

Cheers

Elizabeth
King Lake

I’ve heard the plan is to move to Latrobe. While that may just be a rumour it’s the perfect option.

No club is taking huge amounts of revenue from being able to host the finals

Huge parking, amazing surface, quality lights ect

I think each team should be getting 25% of the gate with the league taking 50%

Thanks Elizabeth,

I too once was a club official - You make some valid points.

I was always thought when seeking information ‘two ears, one mouth for a reason’

I can’t say too much more as I could come back to haunt me

Belinda
Wandin FNC

I can confirm that the NFNL WILL, yes WILL move to La Trobe next year for Finals. You heard it 100% first here.

Maybe there is someone listening...

Cheers

Mary-Lou
Healsville

My question is when did the the AFL go from being a competition to the governing body of everything to do with Australian rules football.
Who gave them permission to take over?
The people at the AFL must have two appendages as you can not be that stupid playing with one.
Club and leagues from suburban and country leagues are being bent over and fornicated up the rectum
by the arrogant incompetent toss pots at docklands

Why has the AFL reduced fees from them for country comps but not metropolitan?

“On Tuesday, the League revealed a significant chunk of the funding would flow from the abolishment of AFL Victoria affiliation fees, saving country clubs $3.22 million a year. ”

Are all our clubs flushed with cash we can still pay them for god knows what?

Absolute joke this hasn’t been passed on to all.

Quite interesting reading comments from the League regarding the new finals format in Div2 for 2020 and the decrease in Salary cap and points. Quote " We have spoken to all the clubs " really???? That maybe the case you have spoken to them but the facts are questions or concerns raised were not even considered, just make their own decisions as they go along. The league is seriously being laughed at and they cant see it.

Quite interesting reading comments from the League regarding the new finals format in Div2 for 2020 and the decrease in Salary cap and points. Quote " We have spoken to all the clubs " really???? That maybe the case you have spoken to them but the facts are questions or concerns raised were not even considered, just make their own decisions as they go along. The league is seriously being laughed at and they cant see it.
are div 3 clubs aware of if their season is 16 or 18 matches played yet??

are div 3 clubs aware of if their season is 16 or 18 matches played yet??
How would you know, they will probably blatantly lie to everyone saying that they have spOken to all clubs an they are behind the move or whatever they say!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No senior representative matches in 2020. Bye gone.

Maybe, just maybe the fines will be reduced now we are not paying for that junket.

Who cares, you can’t even have a beer while watching. I’ve been to a fair few premier league VAFA games and the crowds are ordinary compared to EFL and NFNL

Yeah but they are sober and not fighting each other...the top premier A sides would demoilsh a northern side.

Last edited:
The guys who get a game and watching both. The standard is about the bottom 6. .. every comp has guns but how bad are your bottom 6 or so?
Depends which teams you are talking about. The 2 best teams in the comp in West Preston and Greensborough, there 22 are very good. Yeh the bottom 4-5 teams the bottom 6 are ordinary. But that’s what separates the best sides from the rest in every competition, including the VAFA. I’ve watched both aswell and I agree the VAFA is slightly ahead, but not even close to demolish the best sides in the NFNL.

Depends which teams you are talking about. The 2 best teams in the comp in West Preston and Greensborough, there 22 are very good. Yeh the bottom 4-5 teams the bottom 6 are ordinary. But that’s what separates the best sides from the rest in every competition, including the VAFA. I’ve watched both aswell and I agree the VAFA is slightly ahead, but not even close to demolish the best sides in the NFNL.

Uni blues with 9 ex afl players woukd demolish greensborough.

Uni blues with 9 ex afl players woukd demolish greensborough.
Who cares if they have 9 ex afl players. They are ex for a reason. Play the game at Greensborough and I’ll take Greensborough. Play them on a big ground and I’ll take Uni Blues. 2 comps with different styles of play. But it’s all opinion based obviously. Neither of us have a clue unless they played in a home and away game

Remove this Banner Ad

Back