Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slash136

Senior List
Nov 8, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
Realistically it's the only way we are getting a home final. With the bye whoever comes over can quarantine before the game and it probably means the game will be a Saturday or Sunday which, gives our players a few more days to recover. If we we finish 4th we would most likely have to play all finals away

Realistically it's the only way we are getting a home final. With the bye whoever comes over can quarantine before the game and it probably means the game will be a Saturday or Sunday which, gives our players a few more days to recover. If we we finish 4th we would most likely have to play all finals away
I'd rather be guaranteed to be playing in the second week.

Nope

It’s the same amount of away finals though. The home game is just the extra one against a spud team that is unnecessary (and we also have an opportunity to f*ck up). I’d rather have a guaranteed 2nd week game or a chance to jump straight to a prelim with a weeks rest than one home final (which actually increases our travel) and all sudden death from the outset.

It is certainly something that we benefit from the home final by finishing 5th whereas we are much less likely to get one finishing 4th. But it's still not enough.

Finish 4th - chance to go straight through a prelim, at worst play again the next week.
Finish 5th - get a home final, but best case scenario we are playing again the next week.

If we finish 5th we likely play Melbourne or Collingwood. Neither are ideal as we are bound to lose to one of them eventually. Top 4 would be much better. Have a crack at port and then see what happens

No, we aren’t.

A home final is nice but it isn’t worth the extra risk of elimination and the ensuing path to the GF.

An away QF which could result in a trip straight to the PF, which will be played away from Optus regardless, is one million times better, as is the double chance.

If we finish 4th and win, do we get to come home and quarantine until the PF? I assume we do. But...

If we finish 4th and lose, would we come home and quarantine before flying back to Brisbane, or would we do an immediate finals hub?

At least if we finish 5th the boys get a few weeks in home quarantine in Perth and know full well that a 2.5 week finals hub awaits. If ever there was a good year to finish 5th, this is it. (would still prefer 4th, but not the end of the world this year).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we finish 4th and win, do we get to come home and quarantine until the PF? I assume we do. But...

If we finish 4th and lose, would we come home and quarantine before flying back to Brisbane, or would we do an immediate finals hub?

At least if we finish 5th the boys get a few weeks in home quarantine in Perth and know full well that a 2.5 week finals hub awaits. If ever there was a good year to finish 5th, this is it. (would still prefer 4th, but not the end of the world this year).
Also, the club has never won a knockout final in week 2 of finals after having won in week 1 and that grates on me in a very irrational way. Our record is really really terrible in such situations going back over our history and it would scratch an itch of mine if we were to finally get that monkey off the back.

In no world is 5th better than top 4 and the resultant double chance.
I get looking at silver linings and all that but no. NO.

No. Not in any way whatsoever.

Every time we have finished fifth we get the same finals result. We win the first final in Perth easily and then get beaten the following week.

Top four is a guarantee of a second week in the finals. You would be insane to give that up.

Ha ha no .

Finish 4th and you are guaranteed week 2 even if you lose .
Also a chance to skip through to a prelim.

It we somehow made the qualifying final and won it would mean that we would play two games in the next four weeks.
Given our injury list this would have a substantial impact on us getting key personnel back for the last two weeks of the final.
Even a shot at that outcome is much better than having to play four cut-throat finals in a row in order to be Premiers.

Id say we would only come home if we win the QF.

Also, the club has never won a knockout final in week 2 of finals after having won in week 1 and that grates on me in a very irrational way. Our record is really really terrible in such situations going back over our history and it would scratch an itch of mine if we were to finally get that monkey off the back.
I was going to say we did in 2006 until i re read your post.

4th is so much better. Need the Crows or Sydney to cause an upset.

The opportunity for another week off will be massive for the team, as well as having the double chance if something goes wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back