Certified Legendary Thread We Are Essington - He’s back for Round 2!

Remove this Banner Ad

If someone could provide a giphy of Francis kicking into the back of Hurley, zaharkis spoiling mcgrath marking in the fwd 50 and Langford running past the ball on the boundary line, it would be perfect for this thread!

If someone could provide a giphy of Francis kicking into the back of Hurley, zaharkis spoiling mcgrath marking in the fwd 50 and Langford running past the ball on the boundary line, it would be perfect for this thread!
Don’t forget Stringer’s outta bounds-on-the-full from the set shot 20 meters out on a 30 degree angle....

All jokes aside, what exactly is Essington? Can someone explain to me what we stand for? The direction we are going in? Cause right now, we are in no mans land.

At least Carlton played the kids (through necessity) and appear to be coming out the other side with some impressive performances so far. We topped up, sold the farm the last two years( draft picks for players) wise and now sit comfortably at 0 - 2. What even is this?

It is pathetic. We aren't a "big club" any more. It is a media ploy to make ourselves feel better about ourself. Haven't been relevant for 10 years imho. If we were a "big club, on field success trumps any off field success or standards we may have set.

If this club wants to show us the direction we are going in, I'd love to know because right now it is unfathomable to miss the finals having brought in top end talent we have in the past 2 off seasons. If we miss in 2019, heads must surely roll and that must mean at the top.

All jokes aside, what exactly is Essington? Can someone explain to me what we stand for? The direction we are going in? Cause right now, we are in no mans land.

At least Carlton played the kids (through necessity) and appear to be coming out the other side with some impressive performances so far. We topped up, sold the farm the last two years( draft picks for players) wise and now sit comfortably at 0 - 2. What even is this?

It is pathetic. We aren't a "big club" any more. It is a media ploy to make ourselves feel better about ourself. Haven't been relevant for 10 years imho. If we were a "big club, on field success trumps any off field success or standards we may have set.

If this club wants to show us the direction we are going in, I'd love to know because right now it is unfathomable to miss the finals having brought in top end talent we have in the past 2 off seasons. If we miss in 2019, heads must surely roll and that must mean at the top.
More like 17 years. We haven't been in premiership contention for 17 years. Haven't won a final for 15 years.
If we were a big and powerful club, something would have been done about it by now.

This is a joke thread yoda

Carlton, Fremantle and Brisbane have done one thing particularly well in the last few years, the moment the best option for the future in a position is available (usually a talented kid) he is picked.

Carlton may well go past Essendon at some stage this year. The only thing that will hold them back is that Walsh, Dow and, to a less extent, Setterfield are still babies (Setterfield doesn't look like he has developed physically). Honestly, I'd prefer to have Carlton's list. It's not even a discussion that I would take Fremantle and Brisbane.

The only way the OP could have been topped would have been having the puff piece video released during the week of Hep walking in to the room, to have the Cupido4lyfe video play in front of him...

Carlton, Fremantle and Brisbane have done one thing particularly well in the last few years, the moment the best option for the future in a position is available (usually a talented kid) he is picked.

Carlton may well go past Essendon at some stage this year. The only thing that will hold them back is that Walsh, Dow and, to a less extent, Setterfield are still babies (Setterfield doesn't look like he has developed physically). Honestly, I'd prefer to have Carlton's list. It's not even a discussion that I would take Fremantle and Brisbane.

Heck, would you take North Melbourne's list ahead of ours? It'd be a tightly run race but one with a couple of key recruits (a better than ordinary CHF) could see them move back into the top 8 conversation.

Our list (on paper) is as good as any. This is what I don''t get. What is letting this club down? The coaching? the development? the list management?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brilliant.

But Everyone who spoke in that video sent me to sleep. Is it just me or is everyone turning into quietly spoken wooshas?

It’s quire bizarre.

No inspiration. No determination detected.

They sound like theyre all reading out a prescription...hang on a minute ☝️

Stringers was the best. The highest off the side of boot shank you’ll ever see.
Just the way the ball sails away into the abyss..has a bit poetry about it. The tragedy of it all.

Clip was awesome and I think you're bringing some levity to what has been a major disappointment of a start to the season. Its a shame you missed out on Merrett's hospital handball though. There may be opportunities to put that together with the next clip of the coaches talking about "having care for each other".

That last shot of Hird...... FMD I’m laughing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back