Certified Legendary Thread We Are Essington - He’s back for Round 2!

Remove this Banner Ad

Agreed. It’s a savage attack on the senses.

As distinct to a savage attack on the ball.

Stat in the paper today. GWS as a team covered 242 kms. Essendon 147kms.
That sums it up I reckon. Unbelievable! How is that even possible!!! All our players (on average) more than 1km less than their opponent EVERY QUARTER.

This is wrong and has been proven wrong many times.

We were s**t but we did run aro u nd the same as GWS (we were the two lowest teams as well)

We were s**t but we did run aro u nd the same as GWS (we were the two lowest teams as well)

Normally the team that is worse actually ends up running more so I expect we actually technically covered a few more km's than GWS in actuality. The real key is not how much you run but how much of the high intensity sprinting stuff. It doesn't matter if we have players like Heppell and Zaharakis going at a slow job all day long, racking up km's, its the sprint efforts that make the impact both offensively and defensively. Sprinting offensively is also a good indicator that there was space to work with and we had clean possession of the ball. I'd expect GWS killed us in these areas.

Incorrect stat? Was front and centre on the back of the Australian.

But thank god. Though the terrifying part is that it looked to the naked eye like it was probably true.

Agreed. It’s a savage attack on the senses.

As distinct to a savage attack on the ball.

Stat in the paper today. GWS as a team covered 242 kms. Essendon 147kms.
That sums it up I reckon. Unbelievable! How is that even possible!!! All our players (on average) more than 1km less than their opponent EVERY QUARTER.
That stat has been proven to be false. Our GPS malfunctioned for a period. If the papers are still quoting that stat they are doing a very bad job of basic research.

Mind you, it doesn't change the fact that we still stunk it up about as much as is humanly possible.

Incorrect stat? Was front and centre on the back of the Australian.

But thank god. Though the terrifying part is that it looked to the naked eye like it was probably true.
That's unlike Murdoch's papers to be publishing sensationalist bullshit. Completely out of character

Gold.

I know Zerrett has been copping it but the sequence 20 seconds in is, even more than being indefensible, unexplainable.

Mckenna would have to be nervous watching that but I think he missed out?

Great to re-wire the brain with laughter instead of trauma watching that fiasco.

Edit; McGrath should have Rodney Hogg style outfield dives rather than battle so hard looking terrible in the process.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Okay i'm going to admit something i'm not proud of.

When i was at the airport sunday night wondering why the * i'd bothered, i nearly bumped into ambrose and mckenna walking in the terminal.

After the initial shock, and as we all awkwardly headed towards the departure gates, i just ******* glared at Mckenna. We both knew what i was thinking, it was a good 3 seconds of eye contact.

I was being a s**t bloke. Players don't deserve that s**t. But after watching their work on this video a small part of me is glad connor saw how pissed off one of their supporters were who wasted hundreds going to watch them impersonate witches hats.

If there was a stat for dog running we would have broken every record. At least during the suspension year we were watchable

cant even get a GPS unit to work for more than a half of football, we have resorted to recruiting lazy computer components now - think its time for a new software upgrade, I don't think you can blame the hardware, the previous system 1.0 just isn't working

That stat has been proven to be false. Our GPS malfunctioned for a period. If the papers are still quoting that stat they are doing a very bad job of basic research.

Mind you, it doesn't change the fact that we still stunk it up about as much as is humanly possible.
I'm pleased that the numbers were corrected and no longer look so pathetic, but the fact that a lot of us looked at those numbers and didn't even debate them for a second speaks volumes.

That's unlike Murdoch's papers to be publishing sensationalist bullshit. Completely out of character
Fair call, but the rabid lunacy is normally confined to the front two thirds of the paper or the column of that giant nong Patrick Smith. Most other sport reporting is usually pretty sane.

It’s almost like the boys wanted this thread to succeed and have banded together to provide some A grade footy comedy for this weeks instalment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back