Certified Legendary Thread We Are Essington - He’s back for Round 2!

Remove this Banner Ad

Ty Zantuck had a shot for goal one night, I reckon it was the worst kick I have ever seen. The thing almost went backwards.

The only silver lining in that was Robert Walls was commentating and had spent the previous 30secs mentioning how free Zanuck was and no one was going near him. Had he kicked the goal, Walls really would had a spring in his step. Alas.

After scouring through the player archives I thought it would be interesting to start a lively debate on the All Essington team of the last 15 years:

FB: Zantuck D Daniher Steinberg
HB: Pears Bradley Hardingham
C: Dyson Slattery Lovett
HF: J Merrett Gumbleton Reimers
FF: Jetta Neagle Williams
R: Laycock Prismall Myers
INT: Cupido Johns Kommer Lonergan

Zantuck or Hardingham can be thrown forward when we’re down 30 in the last quarter.

Bradley takes the number one defender for mine with Pears and Steinberg both going third man up in every marking contest. Daniher to shutdown Fevola.

Prismall and Myers can throw their big bodies around at the contest. Both are inside bulls, which we’ve been crying out for.

Blistering one-way gut-running provided by Lovett and Dyson.

Hank Slattery can shutdown the opposition’s best mid and grab 20 himself.

Gumbleton can pinch hit in the ruck to give the ANZAC medallist a spell. Rest Laycock forward and watch him pluck anything and everything that comes in.

Jetta, Reimers and Shotgun Williams will feast off the Neagle crumbs. J Merrett gives you the option of a negating half forward role. All can and should be rotated through the midfield.

The mercurial Cupido coming off the bench is such a luxury to have, although starting him in the guts would not be out of the question for some added X factor at the stoppages.

If we do make the eight with this team, I don’t think anyone would want to play us. If we add another big bodied mid in the offseason we could challenge top four next year no doubt.

Looks solid - I'd swap out Pears for Aaron Henneman (better defensively), Lonergan for Mark Alvey (more size on the inside), Mark Fraser for Lovett (similar speed but added toughness) and Jetta for Daniel McAlister (high draft pick who's ready for a break out season).

Ty Zantuck had a shot for goal one night, I reckon it was the worst kick I have ever seen. The thing almost went backwards.
The only silver lining in that was Robert Walls was commentating and had spent the previous 30secs mentioning how free Zanuck was and no one was going near him. Had he kicked the goal, Walls really would had a spring in his step. Alas.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just saw the video on Facebook and came here to comment, guessing it will be up soon. Get the tissues ready guys 😢😢😢😢

Don’t do this to me

AAAAAARRRRRRGH HOLD ME

Remove this Banner Ad

Back