Unofficial Preview we are playing again this weekend against the premiers

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely we just replace Fox with Rowbottom? You can't really make a case for Stoddart or Rose over him on exposed form.

Normally yes, but Rowbottom should be in the NEAFL for his own development. Not sure what he would gain from being played at the highest level each week when he's not ready for it, so then it becomes a case of who is next-best and/or who is ready.

Could be wrong though. I wouldn't complain if they just went with first one out, first one in, and brought in Thurlow.

Normally yes, but Rowbottom should be in the NEAFL for his own development. Not sure what he would gain from being played at the highest level each week when he's not ready for it.
Of course he’s ready.

Let's not get into this discussion again

As fun as it was last time :cool:
He’s ******* ready mate, the fact that he’s constantly up for selection and has played 3 games indicated that. No player is going to come out and star from day dot and not every player needs to play at reserves level to earn their stripes!

He’s ******* ready mate, the fact that he’s constantly up for selection and has played 3 games indicated that. No player is going to come out and star from day dot and not every player needs to play at reserves level to earn their stripes!

I don't disagree there, I reckon he would come good if he was given a solid stretch of games at senior level, but I doubt he'd be given that opportunity. He's not best 22, and so when we start getting members of the best 22 back, he goes back to the reserves again. Then he probably gets another senior chance later on if more injuries inevitably pop up. I don't see how a few weeks at AFL level, then a few weeks in the NEAFL, then a few weeks back in the seniors, then back to the NEAFL, is good for a young player. Then again, I'm no expert so my word is far from gospel on what's good for a player's development.

I would just rather see him take the Hewett and Dawson route. Let him gain confidence from playing out the year in the NEAFL (and continuing to star as he has been.) But hopefully we'd learn from those two to maybe not leave him languishing in the reserves for multiple seasons!

I don't disagree there, I reckon he would come good if he was given a solid stretch of games at senior level, but I doubt he'd be given that opportunity. He's not best 22, and so when we start getting members of the best 22 back, he goes back to the reserves again. Then he probably gets another senior chance later on if more injuries inevitably pop up. I don't see how a few weeks at AFL level, then a few weeks in the NEAFL, then a few weeks back in the seniors, then back to the NEAFL, is good for a young player. Then again, I'm no expert so my word is far from gospel on what's good for a player's development.

I would just rather see him take the Hewett and Dawson route. Let him gain confidence from playing out the year in the NEAFL (and continuing to star as he has been.) But hopefully we'd learn from those two to maybe not leave him languishing in the reserves for multiple seasons!
Good for you but if he puts in the performances, they’re not going to kick him out! Oh and whenever he plays AFL, he’s best 22 just like Luke Parker was when he played 13 games in his debut year!

Stoddart May get the nod due to his speed, he matches Fox in that aspect and I don’t see the case for Rowbottom given that out....there is clearly another out somewhere given the extended ins but no idea who....possibly Menzel?

Stoddart May get the nod due to his speed, he matches Fox in that aspect and I don’t see the case for Rowbottom given that out....there is clearly another out somewhere given the extended ins but no idea who....possibly Menzel?
It’s a squad mate, it means nothing until the final team is picked tomorrow night at 5pm. The only fact is that Fox is out!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s a squad mate, it means nothing until the final team is picked tomorrow night at 5pm. The only fact is that Fox is out!
Yep, I get it!! Thanks for the heads up.

Where are you seeing the extra out? We'll have four on the bench, four emergencies, which is why we have five 'inclusions', because one of those will replace Fox...

I just can't see Horse dropping anyone else unless there's an injury

Where are you seeing the extra out? We'll have four on the bench, four emergencies, which is why we have five 'inclusions', because one of those will replace Fox...

I just can't see Horse dropping anyone else unless there's an injury
I reckon the forward line was something less than it could of been last week and wouldn’t be surprised to see Menzel miss.

I reckon the forward line was something less than it could of been last week and wouldn’t be surprised to see Menzel miss.

Yes and no. It was a dysfunctional as it ever was, and I think everything from our pressure inside 50 to our leading patterns need improving.

But at the same time, Hayward, Papley, Reid, Buddy and Menzel kicked 10 behinds between them, a lot of them were gettable shots too. There have been games in Geelong where those same guys (Hayward, Papley and Menzel for the Cats in particular) haven't been able to miss. For whatever reason, last weekend wasn't one of them, and we missed a huge chance to have an even spread of goal-kickers and a massive victory for the club. I think Horse would find that encouraging, not something that needs action like an axing.

That makes sense....until you realise you are considering the logical Horse...he is not oft sighted! Just when you think he is there....bam...and a head scratching selection happens.

Hiscox doesn’t play for us anymore...thank ****!

Haha. I think the long injury list especially among the old guys has made selection straightforward and less controversial

Of those injured only the skipper, Jones and possibly Cunningham would walk straight back in. Arguments could be made for Naismith and Maibaum. Terrible for Smith and Jack, but their unavailability has helped fast track other players who John Longmire had denied a clear run, eg Dawson and COR.

Haha. I think the long injury list especially among the old guys has made selection straightforward and less controversial

Of those injured only the skipper, Jones and possibly Cunningham would walk straight back in. Arguments could be made for Naismith and Maibaum. Terrible for Smith and Jack, but their unavailability has helped fast track other players who John Longmire had denied a clear run, eg Dawson and COR.

Hold your horses, we haven't seen if Rose is named yet :p

Hold your horses, we haven't seen if Rose is named yet :p

Haha. Yes I can see a queue forming to acquire Molotov Cocktails if Rose gets a go. I expect you might be near the head of that queue.

Haha. Yes I can see a queue forming to acquire Molotov Cocktails if Rose gets a go. I expect you might be near the head of that queue.

I'll be the rogue one outside the queue being pinned to the curb and pepper-sprayed as I wait for my outrage to simmer down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back