Roast 6 from 17. Despite Momentum We are REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY s**t - Warning includes club criticisms

When will Matthew Nicks be sacked?

• Before the end of 2022

• End of 2022

• Middle of 2023

• End of 2023

• Middle of 2024

• End of his contract (2024)

• He will last beyond his current contract

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Broke his hand in a fight 2017
DUI 2018
Accused of Indecent assault in 2020, incident in 2015. Innocent. Well no charges laid after Vic Police and AFL investigation.
NY incident 2021
Bali incident 2022.

Ok 4. Spread over 5 years.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

DeGoey is also a million times more valuable than Stengle on the field.

The question we as crows supporters should be asking though is..

Why couldnt this reality check, this turn around of his life, this guidance, this positive direction, and the now career success he is experiencing, been acheived by our club?..

This is a monumental failure.

This lad should have been supported, should have had the mentoring and guidance he needed provided by the club.

Doesnt it make you wonder… What sort of guidance and development is the club providing all our other young players?.. what support and mentoring are they providing these young men?

Looks like few very basic steps, initiated by Anna and the SANFL Eagles, has very quickly reset the lad and now its Geelong, not the Crows, who are reaping the rewards.

Why couldnt this have occured at our club?.. is the question I’d be asking. Is it really that hard?.. do the Crows, as a professional organisation, not have the programs and structures in place to achieve this?, if not, why not?.

Im a bit torn on this topic, but how many times does a player seemingly give the club the finger before some Tough love is justified? How many stuff ups/strikes in a
season or over a career?
And at what stage/age does a grown man need to start taking some ownership and realise his actions have consequences?

DeGoey is also a million times more valuable than Stengle on the field.
He's also employed by a different organisation with different standards.

Brad Crouch, Bernie Vince, Tex Walker and more = apples and apples.

Nicks is done and it was a massive mistake to sign him before a ball was bounced last year.

He's been afforded a lot more time than many other failed coaches in the past have been given and has shown nothing.

The 2nd half of the game has shown me that we're no better than we were last year.

Five goals up against GWS with Whitfield, Kelly and Perryman on the bench in the last quarter and we still couldn't get the job done.

Completely unacceptable and the club needs to move him on.

Nicks is done and it was a massive mistake to sign him before a ball was bounced last year.

He's been afforded a lot more time than many other failed coaches in the past have been given and has shown nothing.

The 2nd half of the game has shown me that we're no better than we were last year.

Five goals up against GWS with Whitfield, Kelly and Perryman on the bench in the last quarter and we still couldn't get the job done.

Completely unacceptable and the club needs to move him on.

Take a breath, it's round one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Take a breath, it's round one.

We're four years in.

If that was against a top 8 side I'd be more inclined to wear it, but we gave up a five goal lead against a side that are going to struggle this year.

I honestly don't understand how or why Nicks continuously gets given get out of jail free cards for unacceptable performances.

We're four years in.

If that was against a top 8 side I'd be more inclined to wear it, but we gave up a five goal lead against a side that are going to struggle this year.

I honestly don't understand how or why Nicks continuously gets given get out of jail free cards for unacceptable performances.
Whoever we replace him with will also be moved on in 3 years time.

Back