Universal Love We are so young, but we are so experienced

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm looking forward to a set in stone 22 next year, 2013 was a rollercoaster.
I'm looking forward to - and praying for - a decently injury light preseason :)

Then the doubters will see what's what, too many players over the last couple of years have had injury shortened preseasons and injury interrupted seasons.

If we can keep most of them on the park next year LOOK OUT.

Core 26yrs and under team: (assuming a return of Lennon and Scharenberg from 6 and 10, pick up Karnezis and Armstrong in PSD)

Backs
Williams Brown Scharenberg
Seedsman Keeffe Toovey

Mids
Grundy Pendlebury Adams
Thomas Sidebottom Beams

Forwards
Reid Cloke Lennon
Elliott White Fasolo

Int
Kennedy Karnezis Blair Macaffer Goldsack Sinclair Witts Moore

Broomhead Armstrong Mooney Martin Ramsay Frost Paine Oxley
That is a good looking team for under 26 !! Add in some of the older blood and well... Exciting times I hope

Core 26yrs and under team: (assuming a return of Lennon and Scharenberg from 6 and 10, pick up Karnezis and Armstrong in PSD)

Backs
Williams Brown Scharenberg
Seedsman Keeffe Toovey

Mids
Grundy Pendlebury Adams
Thomas Sidebottom Beams

Forwards
Reid Cloke Lennon
Elliott White Fasolo

Int
Kennedy Karnezis Blair Macaffer Goldsack Sinclair Witts Moore

Broomhead Armstrong Mooney Martin Ramsay Frost Paine Oxley

for the vfl side?

It will be interesting to see what we do in the coming years. As everyone keeps saying, we've picked up 6 first round selections in the last 3 drafts. Grundy has shown that he will be a gun, Adams will be a very good player and Broomy/BenKen will be good players. You'd expect picks 6 and 10 will be good/very good players as well.

With this influx of 1st round picks I can see the club taking advantage of FA and even trading off our first rd picks in the future because apart from another gun KPF to replace Cloke, we don't have too many positions that look to be lacking in the future.

Our premiership window will open up in 2015 and should last for a number of years. From the start of next year, I believe unless we can get a KPF with our first rd pick which we might be able to, we should be looking to trade that first pick for a very good, young to middle aged player. Similar to what we did from 09 to 11 when we were in our premiership window. This time though there won't be any expansion teams meaning our first pick should be lower/higher so we could attract better players.

We also apparently have a lot of coin ATM... Add possibly a big fish at next years end!!
Think that is the long term thinking of Bux and the board with next year supposedly being a bumper crop for RFA's, FA's, and the draft.

Clearing out the older players, and adding new young blood whilst creating plenty of potential cap room and $$$ for a huge run at the biggest off season recruitment scrum in years :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think that is the long term thinking of Bux and the board with next year supposedly being a bumper crop for RFA's, FA's, and the draft.

Clearing out the older players, and adding new young blood whilst creating plenty of potential cap room and $$$ for a huge run at the biggest off season recruitment scrum in years :thumbsu:
Can somebody say Brice Gibbs?

Frawley is the one we want, he's pure quality and we can leave Reid forward permanently with Keeffe and Brown taking the keys forwards and Frawley taking the mobile 3rd tall forward

Yes. Very achievable one would think.... considering Melbournes short comings shouldnt be hard to lure him over....... i hope!

With the likes of Jolly, Dids, Johnson, Krakouer leaving it has really opened up some slots for the younger boys coming in.

Additionally, when the younger boys are so eager and determined to make the seniors it really put pressure on some of the older ones to step up their own game and show Bucks that they should be starting game in game out.

I've also seen a pattern with other clubs recently of delisted their older players in favour of younger up and coming players. Geelong for instance delisted Hunt/Podsiadly, two players who can't exactly fit into Geelong's 2014 strategy but can be used at other clubs. Similar situation with Dids, Jolly and Krakouer
I would think that Bucks knows that their time at Collingwood is short and that we have younger boys coming through the club (think Grundy, Eliott, Fasolo) as replacement for these older blokes who's engines are beginning to fade.

Our younger players are playing so well that they're edging our more experienced players out, think the dislinstings.

Indeed, we have so many new and up and coming players coming through the ranks that the focus is on developing them into better and stronger players rather than keeping a few older blokes who aren't necessarily going to improve as their bodies tire. And it's an exciting time for the club!

With the age profile of our list and our influx of first round talent over the past 2 seasons I'd be looking at trading our first round pick next year to compliment the list moving forward and build up to another serious crack at it in 2015.

I'd be targeting Victorians currently based interstate that are due to become FA's in 2015-2016. Sloane, Rockliff and Shuey types for instance. Bringing in one of those 3 in that 23-25 age bracket could really top us off as well as allowing us to concentrate on other needs via the draft.

The age v experience profile is great currently, however we're just lacking that little extra star power from the 2007-2011 draft bracket. Outside of Beams I'm just not seeing it so to get a Rockliff in for instance just adds further to that youth with experience profile.

Frawley is the one we want, he's pure quality and we can leave Reid forward permanently with Keeffe and Brown taking the keys forwards and Frawley taking the mobile 3rd tall forward

2014 FREE AGENTS
The following are some of the players set to become free agents next year:

Brisbane Lions
Ash McGrath

Carlton
Bryce Gibbs, Kade Simpson, Jarrad Waite, Andrew Walker

Collingwood
Harry O'Brien, Ben Reid, Dane Swan

Essendon
Heath Hocking, Leroy Jetta

Fremantle
Garrick Ibbotson, David Mundy, Luke McPharlin, Matthew Pavlich, Aaron Sandilands

Geelong
Steve Johnson, James Kelly, Trent West

Hawthorn
Luke Hodge, Sam Mitchell

Melbourne
James Frawley

North Melbourne
Todd Goldstein, Lachie Hansen, Lindsay Thomas

Port Adelaide
Travis Boak

St Kilda
Sam Fisher, James Gwilt, Leigh Montagna, Nick Riewoldt

Sydney Swans
Adam Goodes, Ryan O'Keefe, Nick Malceski, Ted Richards

West Coast
Shannon Hurn, Matt Priddis

Western Bulldogs
Matthew Boyd, Shaun Higgins, Will Minson, Robert Murphy, Tom Williams

Hurn please :)
Ah what the hell. I'll take Frawley too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back