We are the Champions

Remove this Banner Ad

How can they afford TD? Hill and TMac didn't come cheap. They could try and ship Hill. Hill was at his best when he was da man with the ball. TMac and TD will both get it before him, which would make him the next Scottie Pippen at best.

Originally posted by Dingster
How can they afford TD? Hill and TMac didn't come cheap. They could try and ship Hill. Hill was at his best when he was da man with the ball. TMac and TD will both get it before him, which would make him the next Scottie Pippen at best.

Cant ship Hill, he is on a monster contract and is now injury prone so moving him would be extremely difficult. Why would you want to move him anyway...he has already said he is fine about playing second fiddle to T-Mac...when he played 16 games early this season he was averaging 16 and 9....not bad numbers, he has leadership skills and he said he still wasnt up to full fitness and was looking to increase his scoring numbers once he really got back into the groove...this was before the reinjury though.

Good point about the cap though..not sure how they could fit all three under the salary cap.

Originally posted by jod23

Cant ship Hill, he is on a monster contract and is now injury prone so moving him would be extremely difficult. Why would you want to move him anyway...

I guess if Hill can stay healthy and keep his ego in check (despite what he has said publicly), he should be productive. However, I still think that he is earning a lot of money for a glorified role player. His numbers would go down if TD crossed over IMO. It's also been a while since Hill has played healthy and I still need to be convinced. Food for thought though.

a glorified role player.

That is mystifiying mate???? Are you saying that Grant Hill isnt a superstar frachise player!! He may not be now once he comes back but before the injury he was among the elite in the game. He should still be very valuble once he comes back though.

That is mystifiying mate???? Are you saying that Grant Hill isnt a superstar frachise player!!

He was a superstar franchise player. However, if TD came over that would change. Firstly, the question marks over his abilty to string some games together remain. More importantly, TMac demands the ball, TD demands the ball and even Armstrong played extremely well and needs the ball.

He was a gun, but in that scenario, I can't see him getting back to that level. Hill might not get the touches to be a star.
Useful - Yes. Superstar - Not.

He was a superstar franchise player. However, if TD came over that would change. Firstly, the question marks over his abilty to string some games together remain. More importantly, TMac demands the ball, TD demands the ball and even Armstrong played extremely well and needs the ball.

He was a gun, but in that scenario, I can't see him getting back to that level. Hill might not get the touches to be a star.
Useful - Yes. Superstar - Not.

Disagree...just cos Hill is surrounded by other quality players doesnt mean his impact would diminish. It would be like a New York situation with Camby (when healthy) Spree and Houston. You never know which one will fire for that particular game, if all three will or none will.

If TD did go to Orlando i think it would just be a three pronged attack from all 3 superstars. Obviously T-Mac and TD would be the larger of the 3 due to Hill's injuries but Hill would still be a factor.

Disagree...just cos Hill is surrounded by other quality players doesnt mean his impact would diminish. It would be like a New York situation with Camby (when healthy) Spree and Houston. You never know which one will fire for that particular game, if all three will or none will.

Interesting analogy Jod. Camby was a non factor for a chunk of the season due to injury. Questional leadership from Houston and Spree. Local fans and media eating their own...

As for Orlando, lets just wait and see what happens to TD first.

Interesting analogy Jod. Camby was a non factor for a chunk of the season due to injury. Questional leadership from Houston and Spree. Local fans and media eating their own...

As for Orlando, lets just wait and see what happens to TD first.

It was the only team i could think off with 3 genuine stars. Spree, Houston and Camby certainly dont measure up to Hill, TD and T-Mac though.

But all this is speculation, i agree, lets wait and see what the big fundamental does.

It was the only team i could think off with 3 genuine stars. Spree, Houston and Camby certainly dont measure up to Hill, TD and T-Mac though.

If Allan Houston is a star then there are about 10 teams with "3 genuine stars".

The only area where he qualifies is his salary.

It was the only team i could think off with 3 genuine stars.

Woohooo! Means my Phoenix Suns must be serious contenders with Penny, Marbury and Googs :p :rolleyes:

Lakers proved you only need 2 genuine stars and enough role players. Teams with better talent have fallen short of their accomplishments. But the 2 stars can do enough to cover the shortfalls of the rest of the team.

Originally posted by phatandphreaky

If Allan Houston is a star then there are about 10 teams with "3 genuine stars".

The only area where he qualifies is his salary.

Yeah Houston is no star but the Knicks were the best i could come up with at the time. He can score but cant do much else.

Yeah Houston is no star but the Knicks were the best i could come up with at the time. He can score but cant do much else.

Actually I don't mind Houston and it's a shame that he's only played with crappy teams. I'd love to see him with the Kings. With CWebb, Stoj and Bibby, he could be awesome.

not a fan of houston..
not really a big scorer either... (for the amount of money he's getting)
good shooter tho...
at least glen rice could post big numbers.. :p

i'm a huuuge fan of spreeee...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by coxon

not a fan of houston..
not really a big scorer either... (for the amount of money he's getting)
good shooter tho...
at least glen rice could post big numbers.. :p

i'm a huuuge fan of spreeee...

Where you been Coxy, not as regular on the ballers board as you used to be?

Where you been Coxy, not as regular on the ballers board as you used to be?

:)

ah.. i'm still lurking around...
dont get to bludge online as much at work these days.. ($*&#@!

Your damn right i disagree.... Shaq is a great player but he has to do a whole lot more to be even mentioned in the same sentence as Chamberlain, Russell, Mikan and Jabbar and to a lesser extent, Ewing and Olajuwon.

The only reason he looks so dominant now is that he only ever has small and talentless centres to embarrass.

Russell and Wilt were dominant! Wilt once averaged 50ppg for an entire season and both players regularly averaged over 20rpg over many seasons in a row. Not to mention the unchecked block stats both would have ammassed.

This is interesting too.

The only reason Shaq is so dominant is because opposition centres are a lot smaller.

How much taller do you reckon Wilt was over the opposition?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back