we can be a loud bunch

Remove this Banner Ad

Thebisc

Senior List
Jun 13, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon

I've heard some loud roars at the footy in my time. Pies and Tiges fans can certainly make some noise but I do feel us Bombers make some unbelievable noise when the heart is pumping. Mecuri's goal in the 93 prelim is to this day the loudest noise I have ever heard at a footy game and I'm stoked to say I was there. Was also there on saturday night and after watching the last 2 mins a few times I was struck but the sound of the cheer on the final siren.

A couple days after the game on Saturday I did have a moment of sympathy for north Melbourne fans.

Not for the result itself, or for their club, or for them to have any sort of success. But some of my best memories of Essendon are these sorts of moments, the tippa one, the Hird one, the Zaharakis one. And I’ve no doubt the size and passion of the crowd plays a massive role in the moment. Imagine tippa played for North, and did that against the Dogs in front of 23,000. Sure, it’s still a win, and it’s still a great moment. But I think Essendon, being Essendon (and we’re certainly not alone in this, Collingwood can be very loud) allows us to enjoy these moments just that bit more.
2c

A couple days after the game on Saturday I did have a moment of sympathy for north Melbourne fans.

Not for the result itself, or for their club, or for them to have any sort of success. But some of my best memories of Essendon are these sorts of moments, the tippa one, the Hird one, the Zaharakis one. And I’ve no doubt the size and passion of the crowd plays a massive role in the moment. Imagine tippa played for North, and did that against the Dogs in front of 23,000. Sure, it’s still a win, and it’s still a great moment. But I think Essendon, being Essendon (and we’re certainly not alone in this, Collingwood can be very loud) allows us to enjoy these moments just that bit more.
2c

TLDR... Lol norf

2c

i've always wanted an after the siren winner but alas we have never had one in our time

Seems if Essendon is involved, the person normally misses.
I can recall goodes point. Riewoltds point and Mcintoshs point. And for us, didn't Lloyd miss one against the bulldog?
He did.

And Goodes.

Seems if Essendon is involved, the person normally misses.
I can recall goodes point. Riewoltds point and Mcintoshs point. And for us, didn't Lloyd miss one against the bulldog?
Don't forget Sticks missing in 93

edit: f u Howie

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2 that come to mind are Myers this year and Dempsey playing on...both swans AGAIN

Gary Rohan post siren ...bloody swans
Myers doesn’t count though - he would’ve kicked it if the post wasn’t shaken.

The “yeah” on the siren genuinely caused a stir in my strides in the Norf game.

Walla’s sealer in this game stands out for me. Good call and the crowd roar gets me every time.

If anyone’s got the clip, the Melb game in 2016 when Parish kicked the sealer was loud.

84. Noise actually lifted me off my legs. Hungry supporter group was hungry. When we finally do it again after the whole you know what, it will eclipse anything any club could throw up. Any club, any situation. There will be nothing like it.

Every second Anzac Day, the odd years when we’re the home team, are great. We outnumber Collingwood due to reserved seats and they’re always our biggest home crowds.

The Daniher moments either side of half time - first when the goal umpire sticks his fingers out to confirm that huge goal, and second when he takes that towering grab over two opponents... they were LOUD.

(Also when the umpires were reaming us late in the game... wow the noise was loud)

And of course the classic... that roar when the final siren goes... deafening

Remove this Banner Ad

Back