Roast We cannot lose Neil Balme

Remove this Banner Ad

How old is he? He isn’t going to be around forever so we will need to replace him at some point.
I honestly think, the 34 controversys that have plagued us this year, could firstly, end up costing us the flag, secondly, most definitely would have been reduced by more than half if Balme was not shifted from position to another.

I understand we gotta replace him at some point, but Essendon are STILL trying to replace Kevin Sheedy, it needs to be done right. After whars happened this year, is Tim Livingston right for this role? Is Blair? I dont know but this is alarming.

Dimma was always so glowing of Balme, becsuse Balme handled all the bullshit and dimma focused on the coaching. I just hope we dont repeat our mistakes due to over confidence.

How old is he? He isn’t going to be around forever so we will need to replace him at some point.
Tim Livingston is his apprentice.
So things are in place already.
Neil will go part time i reckon.
Doubt he'll go interstate.
Besides what a way to finish up.
The club that brought him success as a player to an admin who brought back success to said club.

I watched the undead when she spoked about balme and she sounded liked she was guessing.

I'm getting a bit suspicious. She seems to be having something of a focus with Balmey.
Where's the blab coming from?
Slant on all this talk is very pro Balmey. Started with the "none of this would've happened if he was there" when we were losing...then when we were winning it stopped. Now there's a new angle re poaching, talking him up again. Hmmmm.

I reckon he's a very good operator and may help to calm things down at a club like Adelaide. Don't think he's a strucutres and process sort of guy though which the modern world needs as organisations get larger and more complex. As I understood things Hartley was running the list and everything to do with that, Livingstone was running the coaches and football performance...so apart from being a father figure, media bullshit guy etc what did Balmey actually do?

I honestly think, the 34 controversys that have plagued us this year, could firstly, end up costing us the flag, secondly, most definitely would have been reduced by more than half if Balme was not shifted from position to another.

I understand we gotta replace him at some point, but Essendon are STILL trying to replace Kevin Sheedy, it needs to be done right. After whars happened this year, is Tim Livingston right for this role? Is Blair? I dont know but this is alarming.

Dimma was always so glowing of Balme, becsuse Balme handled all the bullshit and dimma focused on the coaching. I just hope we dont repeat our mistakes due to over confidence.
I agree and am getting a bit concerned about the constant stream of bad press. Some of it is cause the media has a hard on for any story about us because it sells papers, but I think there has also been a lot of clumsiness on our end. In circumstances an us vs them mentality can galvanise a team, but over a whole season especially with all the extenuating circumstances of this season I'm worried it could get a bit exhausting. It is also the antithesis of the attitude which brought us success - relaxed, just playing for fun etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think he should be in the hub, extraordinary circumstances are where his calmness and experience would have come to the fore.

Definitley don't want to lose him.

He's 68.

What's the problem in the hub? It seems people are actually getting sucked in to this media beat up.

Understand that there are massive funding cuts and footy dept budgets are being smashed. Unfortunately, while we'd love to have everyone up there, now is not the time for high priced calmning influences. It's down to critical, hands on operators...can't afford any excess.

What's the problem in the hub? It seems people are actually getting sucked in to this media beat up.

Understand that there are massive funding cuts and footy dept budgets are being smashed. Unfortunately, while we'd love to have everyone up there, now is not the time for high priced calmning influences. It's down to critical, hands on operators...can't afford any excess.
He'd be getting paid the same regardless of where he is, but yes I understand that we just need the bare minimum in the hub.

I just mean some of the incidents could have been handled better, I know the media exaggerate and talk s**t but Balmey knows how to handle the cretins.

Neil Balme isn’t going anywhere, folks.

Balme, the architect of Richmond’s resurgence to the top of the AFL world, has been sought after by other clubs after his long history of success with Collingwood, Geelong and now Richmond.

But, the 67-year old is staying put at Tiger-land.

“When I finally by sort of a dint of luck there was an opportunity at Richmond and because I played there for 10 years if I’ve got a footy home, (Richmond) is my footy home,” he told SEN Breakfast.

“I was welcomed and accepted in a way that even surprised me and then after that, in two of the three years we actually won a premiership.

“I would have to be mad to leave that environment, particularly at my age.

“I don’t need to be starting again and I’ve got no thoughts of not being here.

“We have built something and it’s a lot of responsibility we have with each other and we trust each other and if I all of a sudden started thinking about going somewhere for the money, it’s probably not living up to the values that I espouse I would think.”

Neil Balme to stay at Tigerland -From Nov 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Back