Roast We cannot lose Neil Balme

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How much money does a person need at 70 years of age

He should be just staying at Richmond for the love of it and 100k

He has had 50 years of doing the job he has loved and got paid extremely well along the way

Why not just spend the next 5 years of your life at the club that gave you that chance 50 years ago

It was never in doubt, he said when he joined us he was back home to see the end of his career. At his age, why travel to a minnow state just for cash ? he has enough to by him enough monte's to last a life time
Richo asked him in Talking Tigers about the Adelaide rumours and he said he intends to stay with us
and richo wouldn't have asked without receiving the a-ok from balmey!
Oh yes...don't they fawn over balmey in that podcast...I find it almost too fake to listen to at times...although he usually offers up 1 great morsel about the past each interview).
And Richo left it right to the very end of the interview to ask...as if on instructions.
But in listening to Balmey respond, in his usual cryptic way, i felt 2 things;
- he obviously considered the job/offer (which given his situation I thought was amazing) and
- he referred to the recent changes at Tigerland (which sounded to me like he is somewhat miffed by being pushed sideways - which would be very disappointing if he was - would mean it wasn't handled as well as it could have been - which is a shame to then be like Collingwood and eddie 2 chins - still after 2 recent premierships, I can't complain about anything the club does any more)

How much money does a person need at 70 years of age

He should be just staying at Richmond for the love of it and 100k

He has had 50 years of doing the job he has loved and got paid extremely well along the way

Why not just spend the next 5 years of your life at the club that gave you that chance 50 years ago
Show me the Monte Carlo$....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back