Roast We can't win it until our leaders pull their heads in.

Remove this Banner Ad

yep would be great to get Jones or Loughlan in it instead of Caro , can’t stand her anymore

Anything that has Crusty on it is either dead in the water or on life-support

Last edited:
I think the leadership has stood up pretty well given the amount of shite the club has been through. We're still winning games and probably still the most feared team in it - without good leadership I think the team could well have gone of the rails on field. This week presents a massive challenge and will be the biggest test of our leaders. If we win I think that'll solidify the group and I'll put that down to good leadership, character and maturity - and will go a long way to us winning it this year.

The one unpopular opinion I have is that the behaviour of the Cotchin's (Brooke and Trent) this year, might not align with all of the playing group. I'm not sure Trent has acted on behalf of the playing group as much as he has acted on behalf of his own needs and what his wife wants.
I think he's an excellent captain on field, but he might have dropped the ball a bit in the off field stuff for season 2020. If we want to win the flag in 2020 and need total buyin from the playing group, his other priorities and reported comments might not be shared by other players more willing to make sacrifices and get on with the job.

The one unpopular opinion I have is that the behaviour of the Cotchin's (Brooke and Trent) this year, might not align with all of the playing group. I'm not sure Trent has acted on behalf of the playing group as much as he has acted on behalf of his own needs and what his wife wants.
I think he's an excellent captain on field, but he might have dropped the ball a bit in the off field stuff for season 2020. If we want to win the flag in 2020 and need total buyin from the playing group, his other priorities and reported comments might not be shared by other players more willing to make sacrifices and get on with the job.
Completely disagree. Our entire culture is built around that theres more than footy. No one will have an issue that he supported his wife. Do you really think he should have hung her out to dry?

Completely disagree. Our entire culture is built around that theres more than footy. No one will have an issue that he supported his wife. Do you really think he should have hung her out to dry?
No he shouldn't have hung her out to dry post event, but it shouldn't have occurred to begin with. I know what our culture is built around, but I also think that this season is quite unique with the need to get on with the job and deal with the disruptions, and not threaten to leave the hub (reportedly). I'm sure a lot of players would be more comfortable making the sacrifices, and so might not be all that enthused of the Cotchin's actions and the attention it's brought on the club.

It's just my opinion, I'm happy for it to be the minority one but I still think that's the case. Plenty of people have sacrificed for the 2020 season, others have made more of a big deal about it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back