Autopsy We ******* did it again Richmond 2019 premiers!!!!

Mar 16, 2008
Uppercomebackwest
AFL Club
Richmond
Go onto the Pies board and read the "who will win GF post" where prior to the Granny they are all hoping for and pumping up GWS. And then as the game unfolds they are all devastated. Then their mood changes to anger about how s**t they (Pies) were for not beating GWS IN THE PRELIM and how they would have given us a run for our money. The infighting just made me smile.
Don't forget that these people vote and drive cars (licence optional).

Mar 16, 2008
Uppercomebackwest
AFL Club
Richmond
Clokey with 32 disposals !!! Wondering now if this was also the game that Raines hit Duperouzel with the best clothesline ever (until Hercules Hernandez laid out the Macho Man a few years later). Can't believe he never got reported for it. if it was today he would have got 8 weeks easily
High contact, medium impact, careless. One week with an early plea.

Tiger_Mad_80

Richmond are Premiers. again ???
Sep 27, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Keep this on the lowdown but I think I found the prelim win more satisfying than the GF.

Was almost a reversal of our losses to Carlton and ninf in those elimination finals, and having waited a year for that exact night it was pretty bloody glorious.
when presita burst out of the middle at the start of the 3rd quarter in the prelim i knew we would easily win

Mar 16, 2008
Uppercomebackwest
AFL Club
Richmond
Keep this on the lowdown but I think I found the prelim win more satisfying than the GF.

Was almost a reversal of our losses to Carlton and ninf in those elimination finals, and having waited a year for that exact night it was pretty bloody glorious.
The PF win against GWS in 2017 still ranks as my best. My son was there with me and attended the 2019 GF win, he says the atmosphere and raw emotion from 2017 has no rival.

Rasha

2017🏆 2019🏆 2020🏆
Aug 25, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
The PF win against GWS in 2017 still ranks as my best. My son was there with me and attended the 2019 GF win, he says the atmosphere and raw emotion from 2017 has no rival.

90,000 Tigers in the same stadium that evening.
Set a new record for most supporters of one club in the same place at the same time.

when presita burst out of the middle at the start of the 3rd quarter in the prelim i knew we would easily win

i cant find footage of that

i must agree. that was indescribable. the sheer noise.

RFCGloryJC

Publicity for Ricky Nixon and the St Kilda Girl
Jun 13, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Inter Milan, Real Madrid 👑
Collingwood fans congratulating themselves for winning the PF.
Last year.
Reminds me of the old saying, don't pat yourself on the back, you might break your arm.
AgileThisAfricangroundhornbill-size_restricted.gif

Mar 9, 2007
Way over yonder across the hill
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Burnie United FC, Cheddar AFC
Finally got around to watching replay last night on Fox footy. How much longer has Bruce got the senile campaigner? Said after Chimp kicked his goal in the last "he hasn't kicked a goal in a final in 6 years" not watching the 2017 QF, Bruce?
To be fair to him, he did correct himself shortly after. I thought Bruce gave a pretty good call. I've been listening to the radio calls these last two weeks. All of them (3AW, SEN, ABC, K-Rock) are good with maybe 3AW the best. The worst - and by a long way - is MMM. You know the standard is scraping the bottom of the barrel when James Brayshaw is the LEAST offensive out of a commentary team that includes Chris Judd, Luke Darcy and Nathan Brown. Darcy may be an even worse caller than Der-wayne and Brown is an appalling special comments man. Continually describes things that didn't happen and never corrects himself. And they keep pumping GWS players up until well into the 3rd quarter. I knew it wasn't going to be the best of calls when they described Cotch's tackle on Mumford as "OHHHHH...BIG MUMMY GOES BANG AND CRASHES A TIGER TO THE GROUND!"

Hands down the worst performance by a commentary team that I've ever heard.

May 15, 2017
My Couch
AFL Club
Richmond
*, How good is our forward line gonna be next year? Oppo teams will legitimately not be able to handle it, as we saw in finals when it was at full flight.

Tom, Jack and Dusty are the main 3, and because most oppo teams don't have more than two decent KPD's, 1 of these 3 will almost always get off the chain. They gradually found form leading to finals and it all clicked perfectly in R23.

R23: Jack 4.0, Dusty 2.1, Tom 1.1.
QF: Dusty 6.0, Jack 3.0, Tom 2.0.
PF: Tom 5.1 , Dusty 2.2, Jack 0.3.
GF: Jack 5.1, Dusty 4.0, Tom 2.0.

You might be able to keep 1 or 2 of them at bay, but the other one will get you, and that's not even taking into account Castagna, Rioli, Caddy, Bolton, Soldo/Nank resting, Lambo, Shedda, etc.

All we need is good delivery from the midfield and we could be unstoppable.

Do the Dew

Club Legend
Feb 14, 2019
Stuart Dew's Gut
AFL Club
Richmond
To be fair to him, he did correct himself shortly after. I thought Bruce gave a pretty good call. I've been listening to the radio calls these last two weeks. All of them (3AW, SEN, ABC, K-Rock) are good with maybe 3AW the best. The worst - and by a long way - is MMM. You know the standard is scraping the bottom of the barrel when James Brayshaw is the LEAST offensive out of a commentary team that includes Chris Judd, Luke Darcy and Nathan Brown. Darcy may be an even worse caller than Der-wayne and Brown is an appalling special comments man. Continually describes things that didn't happen and never corrects himself. And they keep pumping GWS players up until well into the 3rd quarter. I knew it wasn't going to be the best of calls when they described Cotch's tackle on Mumford as "OHHHHH...BIG MUMMY GOES BANG AND CRASHES A TIGER TO THE GROUND!"

Do you have a link to the radio calls? Thanks in advance

Waca Jr

Premiership Player
Mar 6, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond

Must admit i didn't hear him correct himself, but i believe you. 7 in general is just s**t.

Tigerbob68

????????????
May 19, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Must admit i didn't hear him correct himself, but i believe you. 7 in general is just s**t.
It's a bit sheepish, like in the 2017 GF. "HE STANDS ALONE IN THE HISTORY OF THE GAME ................................................... as a Richmond player I mean."
He says something about how of course he kicked that one in the qualifying final, almost like it was a given that he meant that!

Tigerbob68

????????????
May 19, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Enjoy Bennett’s commentary, one of the best (though I suppose that’s not saying much). Looking forward to this.
He was a regular commentator back in the early 2000s. I taped a lot of our games off Foxtel (Austar) back then and he's great. He used to do some of the weekly programs too.

Back