Autopsy We ******* did it get around us boys!! off to a PRELIM

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
just for the record I love the entire club history, I just like the current Jumper best
I've been around for a fair bit and i've seen 2 flags and we wore the Opera House jumper and i love it and have a few of them , i've got the best of both , no issue , just asked a simple question . I just hope i get to see 3 in it and guess what they are both Red and White

I'm surprised May didn't get flack for letting through Rowbottom's early goal. It seemed he could have, but he was too preoccupied with niggling Buddy.
The second angle showed there actually wasn't anything he could do as the ball was a lot further away from him than it seemed from the first angle and even bounces away again. The first angle made it seem like the ball literally trickled alongside him and he was too worried about where Buddy was to go for the ball.

37EE297F-0F76-4162-999E-3FB42586A8E8.gif

The second angle showed there actually wasn't anything he could do as the ball was a lot further away from him than it seemed from the first angle and even bounces away again. The first angle made it seem like the ball literally trickled alongside him and he was too worried about where Buddy was to go for the ball.

View attachment 1501894
I still enjoyed the "haha" from Buddy.

season 7 episode 21 GIF

View attachment 1501894
Yeah I get what you're saying and obviously those in the know agree, but surely a desperate dive was called for? The Sherrin is an oval ball, it could have bounced any which way.
Imagine if Foxy had just assumed he couldn't get there to spoil Spargos kick.

Yeah I get what you're saying and obviously those in the know agree, but surely a desperate dive was called for? The Sherrin is an oval ball, it could have bounced any which way.
Fox had a more realistic chance at stopping Spargo than May had at getting to that ball. Just a nightmare scenario for a key defender, but I did love Buddy's unapologetically juvenile "Ha ha!"

Fox had a more realistic chance at stopping Spargo than May had at getting to that ball. Just a nightmare scenario for a key defender, but I did love Buddy's unapologetically juvenile "Ha ha!"
Sorry, I just can't agree. Sure, with the way the ball eventually bounces he wouldn't have gotten near it, but if it had bounced to the right instead of the left he would have had every chance to spoil it. I thought he was too overly focused on Buddy.

I promise I won't say anything else on it now - I'm like a dog with a bone and I'm annoying myself!

Sorry, I just can't agree. Sure, with the way the ball eventually bounces he wouldn't have gotten near it, but if it had bounced to the right instead of the left he would have had every chance to spoil it. I thought he was too overly focused on Buddy.

I promise I won't say anything else on it now - I'm like a dog with a bone and I'm annoying myself!
Haha fair enough Jewelsy, but if he isn't focused on Buddy either, then Buddy gets a free run at that ball and takes an uncontested mark in the goal square.

It was a lose/lose for May, and just about the only time all game we managed to actually get the ball to these two and isolate them deep. And it wasn't even planned!

Dunno if I'd choose to go to ground when the actual GOAT is next to me in the goal square. Imagine if he dives to punch it and it just sits up for Bud lol damned if he did, damned if he didn't

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So had a look at flights up. Holy heck!! Anywhere from $350 to $550 😳

So I did what any insane person would do and booked the train instead. Now I'm praying Freo beat Collingwood so I'm not stuck on a train with a bunch of ******* criminals and inbreds.

Going to be a long trip if I don't get Prelim tickets. 🤞🏻

So had a look at flights up. Holy heck!! Anywhere from $350 to $550 😳

So I did what any insane person would do and booked the train instead. Now I'm praying Freo beat Collingwood so I'm not stuck on a train with a bunch of ******* criminals and inbreds.

Going to be a long trip if I don't get Prelim tickets. 🤞🏻
I thought North were the Tasmanian team

Thinking about the only so-called blemishes against his performance, I think Steven May played THE flawless key defender game. That unsaved goal ^ I don't think it's humanly possible for him to have done more, and the frees against him to Buddy were, IMO, rubbish, and were embarrassing for Buddy. (I love Bud, but if we're gonna give guys like Ginnivan and Weightman s**t for flopping, then Buddy is fair game.)

This on the heels of Max Gawn's ridiculous ruck game back in round 12.

WTF is it with this mob and pulling out all-time great individual performances against us?

Thinking about the only so-called blemishes against his performance, I think Steven May played THE flawless key defender game. That unsaved goal ^ I don't think it's humanly possible for him to have done more, and the frees against him to Buddy were, IMO, rubbish, and were embarrassing for Buddy. (I love Bud, but if we're gonna give guys like Ginnivan and Weightman s**t for flopping, then Buddy is fair game.)

WTF is it with this mob and pulling out all-time great individual performances against us?
Stephen May did not play a flawless game because he got sucked into Buddy's antics and it cost them a massive momentum swinging goal. He dominated in every other moment of play but that was a major blemish

Stephen May did not play a flawless game because he got sucked into Buddy's antics and it cost them a massive momentum swinging goal. He dominated in every other moment of play but that was a major blemish
Got sucked in how?

If anyone got sucked in it was the umpires. Embarrassing display by Buddy.

Those two all-time great performances didn't help them much in the end though did they?

Got sucked in how?

If anyone got sucked in it was the umpires. Embarrassing display by Buddy.
I don't care if the frees were soft, they were there and easily avoidable. I mean * for the first one he literally elbowed Buddy in the back. I don't care if Franklin put a bottle's worth of mayo on it, there was no good reason to do that.

I don't care if the frees were soft, they were there and easily avoidable. I mean * for the first one he literally elbowed Buddy in the back. I don't care if Franklin put a bottle's worth of mayo on it, there was no good reason to do that.
You mean like every footy player on the ground probably did to their opponent about 50 times throughout the match?

It's not on the player not to make contact with the opponent, it's on the umpire not to get sucked into thinking there's anything in the contact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back