Certified Legendary Thread WE ******* DID IT!!!!!!!!! GET AROUND US TIGES PREMIERS 2017

Best Player in the Grand Final?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought I would never get over the 82 loss and the 2013 EF loss against Carlton , but considering where we were at the end of last year and most of us on here thought we were at least another two to three years away from being competitive .I think the rise and triumph of this year has put those losses to rest.
I was talking to Coburg legend CHF Anthony Alessio ( brother of Steve) on GF eve and he said we had it won months ago as he’d never seen a fitter side as ours and nobody would be able to handle 120min of our pressure. He thought game would be over by 3/4 time , but imo he was out by a quarter .
I agreed with him on we would win easily and treated GF day as a celebration with friends and family. People saying we pinched it are clueless and just full of envy.

Agree with you TI that flogs are saying we pinched it ...
Makes me want to go back to back just to shove it sideways

Last edited:

Oh dear.
Isn’t that where Steven Motlop has gone.....
:eek:
They all aspire to be like this ex Port premiership player

051bb6470be6db7ed7c43cdcc3b77a61

Dimma being interview on holiday, reflecting on the Grand Final. @50'

Comments include

Kane Lambert driving training standards
Rates Chimp as having one of the greatest final series
Dusty has very refined tastes
The VFL team depth will drive competition for spots. Stay hungry and hunt the opposition due to the game style.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dimma being interview on holiday, reflecting on the Grand Final. @50'

Comments include

Kane Lambert driving training standards
Rates Chimp as having one of the greatest final series
Dusty has very refined tastes
The VFL team depth will drive competition for spots. Stay hungry and hunt the opposition due to the game style.
Not only did Dimma have a plan B but a C & D.:p:D

Gonna be funny watching other mobs try to copy our small forward line despite the fact that it wasn’t the key thing that won us the flag - it was that at the end of last year we analysed what we had and built our gameplan around that.
And our insane pressure was all over the field, not just in our forward half.

Why have we given every Premiership player life membership? Among the silliest things I have ever read and whoever came up with this idea, really not sure what they were thinking.

Why have we given every Premiership player life membership? Among the silliest things I have ever read and whoever came up with this idea, really not sure what they were thinking.

Because they helped us win our first premiership in 37 years.

What's silly about it?

Hey guys, well done on the premiership. i know im a few months late. Im wondering if you guys would like me to make a video/montage of your premiership win. I've made some in the past including this one

Would you guys be interested at all in this if i was to make it? I enjoy doing it but i enjoy it more when people enjoy watching

Hey guys, well done on the premiership. i know im a few months late. Im wondering if you guys would like me to make a video/montage of your premiership win. I've made some in the past including this one

Would you guys be interested at all in this if i was to make it? I enjoy doing it but i enjoy it more when people enjoy watching

Yes. Very much. Please and thank you.

Sent from the upside down using carrier pigeon

I wanted it done by yesterday, so get cracking!

And our insane pressure was all over the field, not just in our forward half.

Spot on. But the tip of the spear was locking it in our front half and getting repeat entries. If we can be more efficient with our conversion from entries into forward 50 we will smash teams like we did at the back end of the season. Our % in the last third of the year was insane.

Back