Certified Legendary Thread WE ******* DID IT!!!!!!!!! GET AROUND US TIGES PREMIERS 2017

Best Player in the Grand Final?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

That’s 4 times consecutive and current All Australian captain, Alex Rance - premiership player to you son.

Brownlow Medal, Norm Smith Medal, AFL MVP, Jack Dyer Medal, AFLCA Player of the Year, Gary Ayres Medal winning 2-time AA Premiership player Dustin Martin

if they dont refer to him as that all year the AFL are a joke and against us

Does anyone have a link to video(s) of player celebrations upon hearing the actual siren?

I feel like Channel 7 has failed us a little here, I really can’t remember seeing much more than the shot of Dusty from ground level charging at Riewoldt & Grigg and Cotchin’s double fist pump scream.

They have 6 cameras mounted on level 2 alone, plus the two that permanently follow the action, plus more at ground level, yet I definitely haven’t seen more than a couple of angles of players hearing the siren (and nothing of Hardwick after the Ellis bear hug on the sideline with a couple of mins to go).

Maybe I haven’t watched the full Channel 7 post game coverage enough and have missed it, but I’m sure there are usually at least a handful of shots of players reacting.
Not enough coverage of the Crows after the game either.

If any one hasn't yet listened to the Crows grand final preview podcast, it is unmissable. Better than any comedy festival.

https://www.spreaker.com/user/aflcrowcast/grand-final-preview-cast-spectacular

Listening to it now. Words fail me. I mean that seriously. It's such a biased, ignorant, and arrogant analysis that I wouldn't know where to begin in responding.

I wonder how these guys felt at the final siren given they already had the flag flying at Adelaide Oval long before the ball was bounced. And I wonder if the Adelaide players were infected with the same attitude?

Love that they reckoned that Adelaide play the MCG so well that it would actually be to their advantage!

Last edited:
Listening to it now. Words fail me. I mean that seriously. It's such a biased, ignorant, and arrogant analysis that I wouldn't know where to begin in responding.

I wonder how these guys felt at the final siren given they already had the flag flying at Adelaide Oval long before the ball was bounced. And I wonder if the Adelaide players were infected with the same attitude?

Love that they reckoned that Adelaide play the MCG so well that it would actually be to their advantage!

Did you like the bit where they analysed our list and decided, in all seriousness, that we didn't have a single player good enough on our list who could TAG a single one of theirs?

Their mids would crush ours because we had no-one in our midfield. Their forwards would crush our two talls, their backs would crush us. Their mindset was better, they play the G better. Their tactics were better...OMG.

Not sure why the Tiges even showed up!

The analysis of each tactic the Tiges would try to use against them, all led to the same conclusion, "but if they try that we will slaughter them EVEN MORE!"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well hasn't that attitude changed now.

Complete over confidence. We gave them a lesson they’ll never forget

I have a slightly different view. It’s either “Richmond”, “Tigers”, “Tiges” or the “greatest club in the universe”

Only people that call us “the Richmond Tigers” are Basil Zemplias, Malcolm Turnbull or someone other who has NFI about footy.
Couldn't agree more. When Mrs.Hoos bought me one of those premiership framed thingys with all the various pictures inside it, I didn't have the heart to voice my displeasure at the wording emblazoned across it...

"Richmond Tigers"

It's the thought that counts, isn't it?

Couldn't agree more. When Mrs.Hoos bought me one of those premiership framed thingys with all the various pictures inside it, I didn't have the heart to voice my displeasure at the wording emblazoned across it...

"Richmond Tigers"

It's the thought that counts, isn't it?

When it’s your missus it is. Minor transgressions in those circumstances must be accepted in the spirit of Détente

Did you like the bit where they analysed our list and decided, in all seriousness, that we didn't have a single player good enough on our list who could TAG a single one of theirs?

Their mids would crush ours because we had no-one in our midfield. Their forwards would crush our two talls, their backs would crush us. Their mindset was better, they play the G better. Their tactics were better...OMG.

The analysis of each tactic the Tiges would try to use against them, all led to the same conclusion, "but if they try that we will slaughter them EVEN MORE!"

You've hit almost every point that made me think the entire thing was beyond ridiculous -- they couldn't find a single thing that was in Richmond's favour apart from it being on our home deck (well, that, and perhaps the umpires!)

The other thing was the way they went about looking at Adelaide's players. Where they had players in form going into the GF they banged on about how they would carry that form into the game and obliterate anybody that we tried to play on them. But where their players had been quiet, they were going on about how they would lift for the GF. So, basically, they reckoned that every single Adelaide player would play at 110% and win every one-on-one contest around the ground.

I will say that I think it gives an insight into why so many people simply can't grasp that Richmond won the GF. When you're convinced that Richmond only have four talented players (Martin, Cotchin, Rance, and Reiwoldt), and refuse to question that conviction even after such a dominant finals performance by the Tiges, then it's no surprise that you can't make sense of the outcome.

Well hasn't that attitude changed now.

All the talk about how big an advantage the MCG is to Melbourne clubs since the GF is exactly why it struck me as worthy of comment.

Before the grand final: "Adelaide's running game is just made for the MCG, especially against a low-skill, low-efficiency side like Richmond."

After the grand final: "Waaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh! Waaaaahhhhhhh! It's so unfair! I want my mummy!!!!!"

Aaaaaaand.....

Now that you've got me started!

Their comments about Cotch were pretty dismal too.

I mean, they went on about Tex and what a great captain he is and how he inspires the team and blah, blah, blah, but not a single word about Cotch other than to criticize the efficiency of his kicking. No mention of the example he'd set in the first two finals, or what he'd done as captain before that (and this despite Cotch's captaincy being pretty widely praised over the year).

Seriously, these wood-ducks basically talked up every positive for Adelaide and down-played every negative, and did exactly the opposite for the Tiges.

Of course Adelaide would have beaten Richmond if every one of their players had played at their absolute best and every one of ours had played at their absolute worst. Unfortunately for these guys that was the only scenario they could imagine. More unfortunately, it's a long, long way from how things actually panned out on the day.

Oh, dear, now you've done it!

I'm going to have to watch the GF yet again!
I watched it on Sunday night. Having watched the QF & PF on Saturday.

I worked from home today, so had to have some background noise on....watched the Blu Ray with MMM audio. Noticed a couple of big gaffes from Darcy. One was that he called Broad’s name for Graham’s running goal in the 2nd Q and had to be corrected by Brayshaw. The other was that, after the siren, he announced Richmond just ended the longest premiership drought in the league.

There were definitely another couple that have slipped my mind though.

Back