Certified Legendary Thread WE ******* DID IT!!!!!!!!! GET AROUND US TIGES PREMIERS 2017

Best Player in the Grand Final?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

View attachment 499395
Here’s mine. I bought this ticket off a Collingwood supporter, who was barracking for us, and a nice bloke..
Mine...second tier standing at the front...just a tad above and to the right of that visible point post....follow the stairs up from the 2nd tier to the square amongst the seats...great view...surrounded by Crows supporters!
Best day! Got my ticket in the draw...

Last edited:

For me, the build up pre-game was just an incredible feeling.
Walking anywhere around Richmond, you could just feel the excitement in the air. Everyone was nervous and just didn't know how to act.
Great post.

I walked along Swan St from East Richmond station, up to the Royal, around the corner to the Dusty mural and back to Richmond station over the course of about an hour around 9:30-10:30 that morning. The atmosphere was electric, the sights delightful and the weather just perfect. It’s a day I will never forget.

Walking anywhere around Richmond, you could just feel the excitement in the air. Everyone was nervous and just didn't know how to act.
Here's a few shots from around town.

View attachment 500654 View attachment 500655 View attachment 500656 View attachment 500657 View attachment 500658 View attachment 500659 View attachment 500660 View attachment 500661 View attachment 500662 View attachment 500663
The Friday was the best day of my life besides days where Richmond has won finals. Walking around Richmond, seeing the way literally everything was Yellow and Black, going to the Dusty mural (where everyone had gathered and were taking photos in an orderly fashion, leaving plenty of space around the mural, taking turns, taking photos for each other, and maintaining a reverent hush as we all worshipped him), seeing faces that were genuinely excited, it was just marvellous.

The Friday was the best day of my life besides days where Richmond has won finals. Walking around Richmond, seeing the way literally everything was Yellow and Black, going to the Dusty mural (where everyone had gathered and were taking photos in an orderly fashion, leaving plenty of space around the mural, taking turns, taking photos for each other, and maintaining a reverent hush as we all worshipped him), seeing faces that were genuinely excited, it was just marvellous.
The Friday was something else!!! It was certainly a unique day. I got into training. The part with the players wasn't really anything special but having that many people in the ground waiting and hearing the song being belted out all around Punt Rd oval was great. I got up to the end of the parade at the stage and watched the presentation then me and my mate wandered up Bridge Rd, had a beer at the Vine Hotel, went to the Dusty mural then went to the upstairs beer garden at the Corner Hotel. THAT was awesome!! The amount of people around the suburb was incredible but particularly there, at the pub and around Richmond station. The pub was PACKED!! It was so strange because you had the anticipation of a forthcoming game but it was almost the joy of a win mixed in!!!
This time last year I had 5 weeks in America and was so tired by the end after 5 weeks of travelling and getting around everyday, particularly two weeks of walking all around New York ... but I don't think I've ever been as exhausted as I was leaving the family day after the Friday, GF day and the family day. I was mentally and physically wrecked ... and it was FANTASTIC!!!

Here's a few shots from around town.

View attachment 500654 View attachment 500655 View attachment 500656 View attachment 500657 View attachment 500658 View attachment 500659 View attachment 500660 View attachment 500661 View attachment 500662 View attachment 500663
Spine tingling. Thanks for posting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am starting to think West Coast fans are the most arrogant supporters. I hadn't noticed that much because they are not our traditional rivals until I listened these flogs on the Grand Final wash up:
https://omny.fm/shows/the-game-afl-...ash-up-grand-final-fallout-and-trade-season-b

• Richmond fans tipping trams over and getting peppered sprayed.
  • Feel sorry for the Crows for not turning up
  • Richmond fans getting stuck into Adelaide Crows fans on social media.
  • Crows picked a bad day to have a bad day
  • The Crows should have tried something to win the game
  • Jack Graham could have hit his peak, (all down hill from now).
  • Talking Richmond up for threepeats which is funny. That's their flag and Richmond played above themselves.
  • I wouldn't be backing them to make the 8
  • Other guy - They will make the 8 but not the 4
  • Trouble written over the Richmond Post Season
  • Fear what Dusty will do in Vegas
  • The fans have set the standard with the atrocious things in the last few days.
  • The trolling of Adelaide players, smashing the traffic cone through the Collingwood headquarters window, burning of Adelaide gear and abusing Adelaide fans and telling them to f off back to Adeliade.
  • You just won a Grand Final and why not be more humble and enjoy the moment. No need to inflict yourself on other people.

I am starting to think West Coast fans are the most arrogant supporters. I hadn't noticed that much because they are not our traditional rivals until I listened these flogs on the Grand Final wash up:
https://omny.fm/shows/the-game-afl-...ash-up-grand-final-fallout-and-trade-season-b

• Richmond fans tipping trams over and getting peppered sprayed.
  • Feel sorry for the Crows for not turning up
  • Richmond fans getting stuck into Adelaide Crows fans on social media.
  • Crows picked a bad day to have a bad day
  • The Crows should have tried something to win the game
  • Jack Graham could have hit his peak, (all down hill from now).
  • Talking Richmond up for threepeats which is funny. That's their flag and Richmond played above themselves.
  • I wouldn't be backing them to make the 8
  • Other guy - They will make the 8 but not the 4
  • Trouble written over the Richmond Post Season
  • Fear what Dusty will do in Vegas
  • The fans have set the standard with the atrocious things in the last few days.
  • The trolling of Adelaide players, smashing the traffic cone through the Collingwood headquarters window, burning of Adelaide gear and abusing Adelaide fans and telling them to f off back to Adeliade.
  • You just won a Grand Final and why not be more humble and enjoy the moment. No need to inflict yourself on other people.

West coke. Red rooster has a longer and prouder history then them.

wheres the game day thread for this? search not bringing it up
I actually read through the whole thing again just the other day. It's a beautiful thing!!! I found it interesting how near the end of the game the Tiger supporters stop posting and it's all oppo fans congratulating us. Everybody jumping around and crying too much to post :)

Back