Certified Legendary Thread WE ******* DID IT!!!!!!!!! GET AROUND US TIGES PREMIERS 2017

Best Player in the Grand Final?

• Total voters
I have been a regular lurker of this great board since early September last year after not reading it very often for years. I haven't posted for many years. I'm not good with typing out what I want to say and in takes me a while to type something. I'm embarrassed by some of my posting on bigfooty back in the day when I was very young.

I had been meaning to post something in here for months. Hopefully in just over a week there will be other thread started like this one. I want us to go back to back soo much! 2017 was unbelievable, extraordinary and awesome etc. No words can really describe it! I just know winning in 2018 would be even better and I totally want to experience it! I didn't go to punt road the next day last year cause I was so tired.

The 30th of September 2017 was by far the best day of my life. I think about it every day! There is so much stuff around the house that reminds me of the best day ever! I luckily went to all three finals with my mum and we still find it hard to believe what happened! Winning the premiership really does make life a lot better and more enjoyable. My mum and I haven't missed a game in Victoria for years. We always loved being tiger supporters and now it's just so so good!

I live in the country and there is plenty of crows around where I live. After we won the grand final hearing them just reminded me so much of the grand final. They still remind me of the last Saturday in September of 2017. I would love to beat the Magpies in the grand final some day as there is lots of them around here.

I sometimes think about Tiger Time when I hear or read the word time which I'm sure some people would find very odd and so on. Diner time and three quarter time are just a couple of examples time making me think of Richmond! Tiger Time to me is a simpler way to sums up the finals serious for us last year especially the grand final! It also sums up this season in many ways. It's definitely Tiger Time right now! Tiger Time is the best and I don't want it to end for a long time!

Carn The Mighty Tigers!!!! Eat E'm Alive!!!!

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Arsenal
2018 gets committed to the history books. Another year of disappointment. It follows 2013, 14, 15, 16.

But what absolutely can never be taken away - that magical, phenomenal, transcendent, unbelievable year we had last year. 2017. The year we won the flag in fairytale fashion, had one of the best days of our collective lives and enjoyed ourselves so richly for weeks and months on end.

I’m just going to continue on celebrating and celebrating. I invite you all to join me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sep 13, 2015
Hillary Step
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
76ers
2018 gets committed to the history books. Another year of disappointment. It follows 2013, 14, 15, 16.

But what absolutely can never be taken away - that magical, phenomenal, transcendent, unbelievable year we had last year. 2017. The year we won the flag in fairytale fashion, had one of the best days of our collective lives and enjoyed ourselves so richly for weeks and months on end.

I’m just going to continue on celebrating and celebrating. I invite you all to join me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agree. Who’s watching the GF with me today?

Tigerbob68

????????????
May 19, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
**** off BYO only. Just imagine it’s the money you would’ve dropped on GF tickets.
Went out and spent some of that on CDs today!!! Retail therapy :D
I reckon I'll be giving the GF a watch real soon, even though I've seen it about 30 times!!! I'm disappointed by last night but strangely a lot calmer than I'd expect and not actually angry at all. I think last year's premiership has been like hitting a 'reset' button on the 37 years of misery! I don't expect the joy it has brought to diminish just because this year fell in a heap!

Tigerbob68

????????????
May 19, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Trying to find a decent photo of the reverse side of the GF banner. Anyone got?

Here's my ghetto one.
Found a better one. Cheer Squad facebook page has good pics of the banners, just gotta wade through a lot of other pics to find them.
22141258_10155190121788353_8394614158699114703_n.jpg

Oct 7, 2001
Punt Road
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Melbourne Heart, Furies
Mar 13, 2015
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
As a neutral supporter,
I thought the Bulldogs GF was the most memorable win in terms of classic moments, such as the Buddy tackle and the Boyd goal to stretch the lead. A moment I can't recall seeing in a GF since the Leo Barry grab in 2005. The Stringer snap out of the ruck, Picken had about 3 memorable plays in the second half.

As a spectacle, the Tigers Grand Final in 2017 was just epic! Even the moments in the game, such as the Martin gather and snaps a rainbow goal, the crowd went nuts!! The Jack Graham goals, a lot of memorable moments, but it was the spectacle of the game, The Killers concert, the celebration, I had never seen anything like it.

Yours and the Bulldogs premierships are probably my favourite Grand Final memories. Really memorable wins.

The Hawks and Cats premierships all just looked a bit predictable and didn't have that sort of atmosphere.

Yours was probably the most entertaining win I can remember seeing. Yours and the Bulldogs.

The last time that happened was the Pies v Saints final, where Goddard took a classic grab and it was a draw, that was a great game.

Usually, grand finals aren't that memorable. A team kicks away and wins and the atmosphere is alright, then it's over, you are lucky to have any real memorable moments.

In 2000 I was happy we won, but there weren't any real memorable plays or moments in the game. 1993 grand final had some memorable moments, like the Michael Long run and goal.

Last edited:

TigerTime_89

4x Jack Dyer Medalist
Apr 3, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Melb Storm, Liverpool, S Thunder
Obviously I joined our awesome Big Footy community after our legendary victory of the crows last year. What do you think fellow posters? Do I start reading this legendary thread?

BC9_

Yellow & Black ???
Jan 31, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
77EAE9BD-A606-4A14-92AB-3488A9E58D76.jpeg
The 2017 Premiership was the first time in my life that the Tigers won the flag.

Tomorrow, it’ll also be the first time in my life that another team will take away Richmond’s title as the reigning Premiers. It sucks hard.

Because of this, I already feel like I’ve taken on a new being as a Richmond supporter. That feeling of something being taken away from you - no, not the Premiership, that’s there forever - but having the title of being the current Champions taken away from you.

I want that feeling back so badly. As do all of us. Our whole Club.

I just want us to claim back what’s ours.

Bring on 2019. Go Tigers.

770059A2-8399-4362-A2D9-D2A83DA1CD12.jpeg
9595479B-3347-40B9-8F64-CE3BD0503663.jpeg

Back