Certified Legendary Thread WE ******* DID IT!!!!!!!!! GET AROUND US TIGES PREMIERS 2017

Best Player in the Grand Final?

• Total voters
Was far too invested in the game to remember much. Especially the 2nd and 3rd quarter. Last quarter I remember more but a lot of it was off field, wasn’t watching the game so intently. Remember everything pre game vividly, and most of the post game.

Best memory of the game was Lambo’s goal. All the tiges supporters around me were looking at each other thinking “ were going to do this”.

Sep 13, 2015
Hillary Step
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
76ers
Best memory of the game was Lambo’s goal. All the tiges supporters around me were looking at each other thinking “ were going to do this”.
I remember looking at the scoreboard after that and going “s**t we’re 5 goals up” but amazingly don’t remember the actual goal live.
Though I feel like watching the DVD over and over might have scrubbed parts.

Tigerbob68

????????????
May 19, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Was far too invested in the game to remember much. Especially the 2nd and 3rd quarter. Last quarter I remember more but a lot of it was off field, wasn’t watching the game so intently. Remember everything pre game vividly, and most of the post game.
Funny how that happens. Even at H&A games, there's things you vaguely remember and things that are burnt into your memory.
No surprise that the 3 things most clear in my mind of the game itself are things that happened in front of where I was sitting. Jack's first hanger was right in front of me, remember it SO clearly! I can remember seeing Lambert being free just as Grigg was about to handball it to him for his goal in the third and also when Lambert took the ball and started his run it was close to me. Because that goal was pretty much the defining moment for me in terms of feeling like we had it won I can remember that run of his and the Prestia goal like it was yesterday!!
I was a bit like you in the last. It was SO cool looking around and taking in the celebrations. I've posted it before but this is my pic from just before siren time. I love the clear definition in the bays with us standing and the Crows sitting!
IMAG2444.jpg

JAKLAUGHING

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Nov 20, 2008
Vilnius
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TASMANIAN DEBILS!!!
Funny how that happens. Even at H&A games, there's things you vaguely remember and things that are burnt into your memory.
No surprise that the 3 things most clear in my mind of the game itself are things that happened in front of where I was sitting. Jack's first hanger was right in front of me, remember it SO clearly! I can remember seeing Lambert being free just as Grigg was about to handball it to him for his goal in the third and also when Lambert took the ball and started his run it was close to me. Because that goal was pretty much the defining moment for me in terms of feeling like we had it won I can remember that run of his and the Prestia goal like it was yesterday!!
I was a bit like you in the last. It was SO cool looking around and taking in the celebrations. I've posted it before but this is my pic from just before siren time. I love the clear definition in the bays with us standing and the Crows sitting!
View attachment 700795
I'm somewhere in the grey opening above the third concrete ring...above the far point post...remember the GF Sprint and JR with the Band nothing of the game itself...though i did have a sore throat for a couple days after from all my cheering!

Sep 13, 2015
Hillary Step
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
76ers
View attachment 700795
My detailed memories of the game are really strange, I can’t explain why I’ve retained some of them. Rioli’s flying shot in the first few minutes of the game, Jack’s 3rd behind (remember thinking we were in for one of those days), Towner’s smothered shot, JG putting us in front, Betts kicking a point in the third, Butler’s banana (that was the sealer for me) are probably the main ones.
My whole perspective on how the game went down has changed too. I thought we were hanging on early, and struggling a bit. Then late in the 2nd we started to get going (Dusty giving that weird fend off to no one is another memory) and then we ran away with it. Now it’s pretty clear we were on top a bit earlier than that.

Tigerbob68

????????????
May 19, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
My detailed memories of the game are really strange, I can’t explain why I’ve retained some of them. Rioli’s flying shot in the first few minutes of the game, Jack’s 3rd behind (remember thinking we were in for one of those days), Towner’s smothered shot, JG putting us in front, Betts kicking a point in the third, Butler’s banana (that was the sealer for me) are probably the main ones.
My whole perspective on how the game went down has changed too. I thought we were hanging on early, and struggling a bit. Then late in the 2nd we started to get going (Dusty giving that weird fend off to no one is another memory) and then we ran away with it. Now it’s pretty clear we were on top a bit earlier than that.
I was sitting with a mate from work and as we walked up to get a beer at half time we were both saying the same thing. Not that we had it in the bag, but we both agreed that we looked like we were on top of them all over the ground in the second and we were both calmly confident. Even though we didn't go straight back down to our seats we luckily stood at the gate at the top of the stairs and had a clear view of Connor winning the sprint!!
We also felt like we were struggling a bit early. Main thing I remember saying was how long it was taking to get our first goal.
I have no memory of the Crows getting those two goals early-ish in the last quarter!!!

JAKLAUGHING

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Nov 20, 2008
Vilnius
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TASMANIAN DEBILS!!!
I still can’t believe we won a flag.

I have framed herald poster at home and at work.
Yeah i have the Herald Sun poster framed with the player cards and my GF ticket did it as soon as i saw how good the Gun's poster looked! :thumbsu:

Sep 13, 2015
Hillary Step
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
76ers
I was sitting with a mate from work and as we walked up to get a beer at half time we were both saying the same thing. Not that we had it in the bag, but we both agreed that we looked like we were on top of them all over the ground in the second and we were both calmly confident. Even though we didn't go straight back down to our seats we luckily stood at the gate at the top of the stairs and had a clear view of Connor winning the sprint!!
We also felt like we were struggling a bit early. Main thing I remember saying was how long it was taking to get our first goal.
I have no memory of the Crows getting those two goals early-ish in the last quarter!!!
Yeah that first goal took an eternity - especially after we (Or more specifically Jack) wasted some early opportunities.
But once we started, we couldn’t stop kicking them!

Huddo on sen is great.
His final words are hilarious but brilliant.
“Richmond.............yes that’s right Richmond............... are Premiers of 2017!!!

Reckon he was struggling to believe what he was seeing....as we all were.

I remember everything watched the replay......again ...... teared up.....again

Yep at the family day the following morning. I hadn’t even returned to my hotel room. Watching it on the big screen felt like I was watching it live

May 1, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Sep 13, 2015
Hillary Step
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
76ers
Back