Certified Legendary Thread WE ******* DID IT!!!!!!!!! GET AROUND US TIGES PREMIERS 2017

Best Player in the Grand Final?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Just finished reading that game day thread. WOW!
Visualising each goal as posts were listed.
This thread and Gameday should be put in a time capsule.

Funny how that happens. Even at H&A games, there's things you vaguely remember and things that are burnt into your memory.
No surprise that the 3 things most clear in my mind of the game itself are things that happened in front of where I was sitting. Jack's first hanger was right in front of me, remember it SO clearly! I can remember seeing Lambert being free just as Grigg was about to handball it to him for his goal in the third and also when Lambert took the ball and started his run it was close to me. Because that goal was pretty much the defining moment for me in terms of feeling like we had it won I can remember that run of his and the Prestia goal like it was yesterday!!
I was a bit like you in the last. It was SO cool looking around and taking in the celebrations. I've posted it before but this is my pic from just before siren time. I love the clear definition in the bays with us standing and the Crows sitting!
View attachment 700795
The one thing that vividly stands out to me from the game is Jack Graham's first goal, I was sitting in that pocket in the Ponsford so it happened right in front of me. Watching it on replay just felt so weird as the camera angle changes everything. I also remember the Dusty mark and goal almost immediately after, that normal feeling of excitement you get when Dusty's in a one on one inside 50 felt amplified in that moment.

When our team song didn't play and the Crows kicked the first two goals, I thought we were in a bit of trouble.

Then Bachar kicked that goal and I knew we were in for the fight. What a moment :")

The tackle in the middle of the ground on Crouch seemed like a big turning point of momentum.

Haven’t cried since and probably won’t until we win another.

Richo on the boundary was the moment that did me. I wept like a baby.
Watched it during player takeover week on Fox Footy, seeing The Chief and Peggy start is what does it for me, especially when his young bloke comes over later.

Thought I'd be good after so long, but even typing this puts a tear in my eye thinking about it.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Georges goal in the 3rd was when i felt like we had it.
I sat back and tried to take in the whole last quater.
Looking back at it now the day went so fing fast!
I want it again!!!

That’s when the congratulatory text messages from friends started flooding my phone... Deep down I knew we had it but I didn’t let myself believe it until Butler’s goal!

Back