Certified Legendary Thread WE ******* DID IT!!!!!!!!! GET AROUND US TIGES PREMIERS 2017

Best Player in the Grand Final?

• Total voters

Hounddd

Club Legend
Sep 22, 2012
🏆🏆🏆
AFL Club
Richmond
God that was a magical day. In fact, the whole month was magical. I've watched the 2017 finals series at least 25 times. My favourite moments, in no particular order..

a) Dusty's goal to start the 4th in the prelim. My pants came off.
b) Cotchin's ludicrous goal against the scatters, when we were taking the piss. God I hate that club and their coach.
c) Houli's snap in the GF - the noise was like nothing I'd ever heard before. Even louder than Lambert's in the prelim.
d) Towner's hit on that crab, Crouch in the GF - that's when I knew we'd be hard to beat.
e) Cotchin's prelim final in general - you won't see a more inspiring captain's game.
f) That team goal against the scatters just before the 3/4 siren.

There were so many others and I could write about that final series for days, it still brings me so much happiness. I'm 28yrs old and I've been a psychotic supporter since I was 5, to the point where losses used to ruin my week. More flags will be sensational but nothing will ever beat 2017 for me. Although I'm still a fanatic lunatic when we play, I must say I'm so much more at ease when watching us. Probably a combination of having finally experienced the pinnacle and the club in general just functional so well on and off the field.

May 15, 2017
My Couch
AFL Club
Richmond
Good times...

Tigerbob68

????????????
May 19, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Good times...

I love this little clip from the London Tavern. Very emotional. I watched the game again last night. Never gets old!!

Rasha

2017🏆 2019🏆 2020🏆
Aug 25, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Good times...

Biggest and best street party EVER.
Wish I could remember the whole night, having been on the beers from 8am that morning until late Monday afternoon.

Question, if we salute this year, how big will the street party be compared to 2017? Only one way to find out, lets go all the ******* way again boys.

Tigerbob68

????????????
May 19, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Biggest and best street party EVER.
Wish I could remember the whole night, having been on the beers from 8am that morning until late Monday afternoon.

Question, if we salute this year, how big will the street party be compared to 2017? Only one way to find out, lets go all the ******* way again boys.
I'm willing to give it a shot and see what happens :D

BC9_

Yellow & Black ???
Jan 31, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
I watched it last night. First time in around 8 months I think. Brings a tear to the eye still. So good. :hearteyes:

So did I, hindsight is a wonderful thing, but we had the game won when they were doing that stupid power stance. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a team look so tense and stressed out.

Then the camera pans to our boys, who are linking arms, smiling and enjoying the moment. The ******* brotherhood.

That moment will look even better in 30 years time where Tigers and neutral fans will ask... “what the heck are the Crows players doing?”.

Tex Walker also goes down in history as an absolute coward of a leader, big macho man with no substance.

JAKLAUGHING

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Nov 20, 2008
Vilnius
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TASMANIAN DEBILS!!!
So did I, hindsight is a wonderful thing, but we had the game won when they were doing that stupid power stance. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a team look so tense and stressed out.

Then the camera pans to our boys, who are linking arms, smiling and enjoying the moment. The ******* brotherhood.

That moment will look even better in 30 years time where Tigers and neutral fans will ask... “what the heck are the Crows players doing?”.

Tex Walker also goes down in history as an absolute coward of a leader, big macho man with no substance.
Yeah the power stance didn't work for them...and nothing else either has since then...broken!
Pretty much sums up that club since then...all style and big talk with no substance! Tex is the right leader for them!

Sep 13, 2015
Hillary Step
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
76ers
How did the Brisbane final stack up against Geelong and GWS finals in 2017?

Had a familiar feeling to how our 17 finals all played out!
Felt like watching the 2017 GF all over again. Down by 2 goals at QT before gradually working to the lead in the 2nd quarter and then blowing the game open in the first half of the 3rd quarter.

Also score after QT
2017 GF - Richmond 14.9 (93) Adelaide 4.10 (34)
2019 QF - Richmond 15.4 (94) Brisbane 4.11 (35)

Apr 15, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
I love that this thread is still going strong. I hope it never dies.
278 pages. Posted in most weeks. Great memories.

Compare that to WC’s flag thread - 52 pages, last post in April this year
The Bulldogs - 109 and last post in February.
Us losers celebrating like we won the premiership.....
...... oh wait, we did :smiley:

Crazy how our last five winning finals margins are consistently around the 7 goal mark.
Just proves when we're on song, we are so much better than anyone else.

Sep 13, 2015
Hillary Step
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
76ers
Crazy how our last five winning finals margins are consistently around the 7 goal mark.
Just proves when we're on song, we are so much better than anyone else.
My only issue with this is that none of our finals wins have been classics, so they never get replayed on Fox footy or anything outside of ‘Richmond day’.
But it is nice to have comfortable wins this time of year, not sure I could cope with a close final.

My only issue with this is that none of our finals wins have been classics, so they never get replayed on Fox footy or anything outside of ‘Richmond day’.
But it is nice to have comfortable wins this time of year, not sure I could cope with a close final.
Same reason I never saw replays of the 1980 GF.
Game over at qrt time.
Best!!

How did the Brisbane final stack up against Geelong and GWS finals in 2017?

Had a familiar feeling to how our 17 finals all played out!
The result might have been similar but not the feeling for me. In 2017 we were playing a team we hadn't beaten in 10 years and we also hadn't won a final in over 15 years. I was nervous as hell going into the Cats game. I was pretty relaxed going into the Lions game. Haven't lost to them in over 10 years. Even if we lost, we weren't leaving the MCG for however long our finals series lasted. I was terrified things would go pear shaped if we lost that first final in 2017. Best month of my life. BEST!

Back