Certified Legendary Thread WE ******* DID IT!!!!!!!!! GET AROUND US TIGES PREMIERS 2017

Best Player in the Grand Final?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 15, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Replays of the 80 GF and 2017 GF are on Kayo, and they’ve just added the Geelong 17 final with an intro by Meatball 🍝 may have watched that one again on the weekend before the Brisbane game!
I was born in 86 but I definitely watched the 80 GF on VHS a lot growing up.
67 and 69 got a fair bit of play too.
Not sure why I didn't watch the back to back ones so much.

RichoAtzyG

Senior List
Apr 7, 2012
Bendigo
AFL Club
Richmond
Hey all, with the break in finals I've just been trying to find all the good doco/mini movies of our 2017 year to re watch. Just to reminisce a bit. I know of "Break the Fall" and "the wounded tiger". I was looking for a specific one where there was a quote from someone when we started losing the close games all in a row "it's so richmondy" but i can't seem to find it, if you can find it can you please link me :). If anybody else is looking for these I'll post the links below.

Offical Mini Movies
The wounded tiger -

Break the fall - https://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2018-12-11/tigers-break-the-fall-
Don't believe in never - https://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2018-03-12/dont-believe-in-never-richmond

Movies made by Youtube Users

Jack Reiwoldt with The Killers

Biggest and best street party EVER.
Wish I could remember the whole night, having been on the beers from 8am that morning until late Monday afternoon.

Question, if we salute this year, how big will the street party be compared to 2017? Only one way to find out, lets go all the ******* way again boys.

I'll tell you why it will be bigger if we win. I know a lot of Tigers who didn't get to Swan Street after our 2017 win and they are still absolutely spewing about it. There is no way they will be missing out next time. So you can multiply that by how many? Sh!tloads.

Will forever remain one of the greatest nights of my life especially having my kids there. It was their first taste of GF success and the first time they thanked me for being Tigers.

AuntyBlindEye

Slick Bear
Chess Club Member EKA Medal - Sweet FA Rising Star BeanCoiNFT Investor
Jul 19, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Before the flag I always underestimated what a GF win would mean to me, but it is still one of the best things I have experienced. I will always welcome more flags, but I'll be a happy man for some time thanks to 2017.

Power Play

Club Legend
Oct 8, 2017
Brisbane
AFL Club
Richmond
I'll tell you why it will be bigger if we win. I know a lot of Tigers who didn't get to Swan Street after our 2017 win and they are still absolutely spewing about it. There is no way they will be missing out next time. So you can multiply that by how many? Sh!tloads.

Will forever remain one of the greatest nights of my life especially having my kids there. It was their first taste of GF success and the first time they thanked me for being Tigers.

I agree with this 100%, my only regret from that night was not getting to Swan Street, even if it was for just an hour.

I know people who did get to Swan Street, I've mentioned seeing plenty of photos and videos from that night, but they said to me that it's an event where you just had to be there to know what it was like, and how amazing the experience was.

Tigerbob68

????????????
May 19, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
I agree with this 100%, my only regret from that night was not getting to Swan Street, even if it was for just an hour.

I know people who did get to Swan Street, I've mentioned seeing plenty of photos and videos from that night, but they said to me that it's an event where you just had to be there to know what it was like, and how amazing the experience was.
It was the cream on the most beautiful cake imaginable!

Oct 14, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
Just taking a step back for a second. The implications of going all the way this year means possibly being on the way to becoming the next Hawthorn, Geelong, Brisbane type of dynasty. Just the thought of that becoming a reality after the 30 years of crap we’ve been through is bloody immense.

The implications of failing this year means 17’ will go down in history as an isolated one off. The year the Tiges pinched one. That would be a colossal injustice given the body of work this group has put in over the last 3 years, and in 13’ 14’ 15’ building up to this.

This sort of chance comes along once in a generation if you’re lucky. Some teams have never even been there and maybe never will. Reality is nothing is given and no team deserves anything more than they achieve. We simply have to grab this one with both hands. On the off chance any of our boys read around here, the next two weeks are your chance at history. Take it, it’s yours.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder if broad will take another photo if you win this year.

Jul 30, 2008
9th
AFL Club
Richmond
Few photos I took in 2017.

Back