Unofficial Preview We go to TIO(vs Crows the 2nd: The ReCrowenening)

Remove this Banner Ad

Adelaide is much closer, the weather is more similar and then have closer ties to the NT due to location.

It's as bad as playing Port, Freo or the Suns up there
Sorry dude but that's drawing a very long bow.

Feel free to have a look at our weather compared to Darwin. Absolutely polls apart.

Onto the game, I reckon this will be very close! Vince will go to Sloane no doubt. Hopefully Greenwood is back to assist us inside the contest.

All the best... :thumbsu:

Feel free to have a look at our weather compared to Darwin. Absolutely polls apart.

Onto the game, I reckon this will be very close! Vince will go to Sloane no doubt. Hopefully Greenwood is back to assist us inside the contest.

So Melbourne's weather is closer?

Try again champ

Actually yes, have you?

Yep, born in McLaren Vale hospital. Lived in NT (Alice, Uluru and Darwin.) Also lived in Kimberlies and Nth QLD. I disagree with your comment around similar weather. As TheRoo32 says they are poles apart. Adelaide and Melb are closer to identical weather profiles than Darwin. Of the list you state only Suns could be seen as anywhere near a difference to Melb Vs Darwin.

Easiest gig in town. Being a weather presenter in Darwin.

For 6 months a year all you have to say is "the weather is 33 degrees and sunny". The other 6 months "it's 33 degrees and rainy".
and then the cyclone hits and noone is ready for it

Ah yes, our record in Darwin is because of Adelaide teams, not because of being literally the worst footy club in the world for an entire decade.

Carlton likes this

Should be a good game. Tipping us by about 30 but who knows which Adelaide team will turn up and which Melbourne team will turn up.

Plus, Saturday night game. You beauty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At least till end of next year, we signed a new two year agreement last year. Some people complain but considering we are getting 3.2m over this year and next it helps a lot to a club who is only just starting to do well off-field.
Plus it neutralises two interstate games. The AFL looks after us on that front as a result - only 4 away interstate games as a result. I actually think the AFL likes that Melbourne have done that deal just quietly.

You say that - I demand you provide evidence in the form of some sort of public survey of an appropriately weighted representative group

You say that - I demand you provide evidence in the form of some sort of public survey of an appropriately weighted representative group

I just crapped myself thinking I may have made the same mistake, went back and checked, thankfully not :):p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back