Toast We got Bolton sacked

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 17, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tassie Devils
Nah, I sort of feel for Bolton because he was expected to perform to a level that's not possible with the awful list he had at his disposal. Lots of Blues fans and seemingly the club itself think that they're only the addition of Sam Docherty away from making a push to the eight next year when in fact their list is total dog **** and years of being smashed on the field has created an ingrained losing culture that's noticeably affecting their young stars.

SOS should be taking a lot more heat than he has. People give Dodo flack but wake me when Dodo ever goes for 4 wins in 40 games.
Feel for him in terms of how 4 years at Carlton would have affected his mental health, and he’s probably a scapegoat.

But he knew what he was walking into

Feb 4, 2001
East Burwood
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Arsenal
How does silvagni escape scrutiny ? He shot fish in a barrel at gws. A job he was gifted because he kissed arse, dropped carlton in the absolute s**t after admitting they paid him under the table which lead to huge sanctions against carlton.
Then carlton welcome him back, turns them into gws lite, coughs up pick one to adl and they sack green shoots !! Teflon silvagni

I'd hate to be thought of as some kind of crazy fascist so I'm going to leave this open as long as people play nice and have a modicum of respect for one another. I'd suggest if you don't like the thread, don't read or post in it.
LOL.

i hate Carlton more than the rest and they can entirely go and eat a bag of dicks...

...but this is kind of like celebrating coming first in a special ed class.....

Mar 11, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
Yeah with the others personally don't like this thread. Not great to celebrate a coach losing their job.

Woosha himself is under some pressure.

Only invites opposition boards to make similar threads about us.

Invites them? Come on seriously...this is just a stupid irreverent footy forum website. You’re telling me you get your feelings hurt if some opposition poster bags Essendon ?

Lol...thats ridiculous.

But by all means ...be concerned

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Proud that Woosha addressed the Bolton thing at the end of Woosha's presser.

Bolts was the poor bugger left to make do with SOS's list and draft picks and trades.

Hope he gets an assistant gig somewhere. Lovely bloke and still seems keen to stay in AFL

Surely there are worse things than a bit of a tongue in cheek celebration for the misfortune of a hated rival?

There are probably more worthy recipients of your sympathy than a guy who will be getting a few hundred thousand for taking the rest of the year off. I think Bolts will be OK.
I think Bolts was just on a yearly wage rather than a contract? I seem to remember some weird setup for him compared to other coaches.

fairbump_playon

Premiership Player
Jun 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
If Carlton had beaten us, would Bolts have been sacked today? The internets are teeming with scum so lighten up, dim that moral beacon, jump on board and taste the delicious schadenfreude, it’s all we’ve got right now.

*peasants*
Appreciate the thread. Would have titled it “we got a Carlton coach sacked”. Semantics... but that’s what I feel pleased about - damage to the blues. Bolton on the other hand - seems a champ and it’s extremely unfair that he is walking out while two dud Silvagnis get to keep turning up to Ikon.

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2001
East Burwood
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Arsenal
I think Bolts was just on a yearly wage rather than a contract? I seem to remember some weird setup for him compared to other coaches.
Yes, they used the term “on staff” he’ll get a payout but nothing like what they had to give the Collingwood plant Malthouse

Dec 14, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
Bolts walked into a house flattened by a tornado - the chimney was still standing (cripps) but all he had to rebuild it was a bunch of sapling timber and a hammer

he did an ok job getting the new lengths up but his foreman kept buying crappy recycled timber to use as structural beams, also he under estimated the force the constant winds that blow out Carlton way can do to a rebuild

lesson, never build on tornado alley.

and sack your foreman.

Whilst there is surely a smug sense of satisfaction that comes with slighting our rival and this being the tipping point for their chaos, it is actually not enjoyable when they are so low. Would much rather knock them off their perch. Given that Bolton seems to be a decent sort, not really about him.

Proud that Woosha addressed the Bolton thing at the end of Woosha's presser.

Bolts was the poor bugger left to make do with SOS's list and draft picks and trades.

Hope he gets an assistant gig somewhere. Lovely bloke and still seems keen to stay in AFL
We should swoop on him. His experience with the proven systems and processes at Hawthorne make him an attractive proposition.

Back