List Mgmt. We Got Him! Beams Trade Discussion (Not the Hype Thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

oh_look_its_this_thread_again.jpg
Geez, put a soft cap on him, grow the hair out a bit... #grumpyoldman

He'll need it to see Beams disappearing into the distance in round 1.

Yeah, It'll be right after Broomhead kicks a goal, Beams won't be anywhere near because he can't defend.:p

Yeah, It'll be right after Broomhead kicks a goal, Beams won't be anywhere near because he can't defend.:p
Maybe. But I'm a great believer in the philosophy that if you kick more goals than your opponents you usually win.:D

Well I was one who criticised his defensive game before October.

Well I was one who criticised his defensive game before October.

Just went to check and the search function wouldnt even let me go far back enough because you already had 200 posts containing the word "Beams" since October 8 alone.

To quote The Dude... "Far out man... far ****ing out!".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Methinks you doth protest too much. You realise the graph said "frequency" right?

The search function reveals that you really probably need to move on from this trade... for your health at the very least.

Yes but Beams in general was mentioned more, you'd also think talking about his defensive side would go up too.

Yes but Beams in general was mentioned more, you'd also think talking about his defensive side would go up too.

Shall I do a chart that shows your perceptions of Crisp over the course of October 2014? :D

Shall I do a chart that shows your perceptions of Crisp over the course of October 2014? :D
I wonder if they still consider him a food and not a football player?

Mine or the Collingwood boards? Because mine has probably gotten worse.

I wonder if they still consider him a food and not a football player?

I highly doubt Leppo and Schwabbo really believe Hine will accept Crispo.

Pick 4 and Redden or GTFO! You have until Friday 5pm etc or negotiations cease!

Still getting alerts for this old thread. It's not surprising though, I get it.

I highly doubt Leppo and Schwabbo really believe Hine will accept Crispo.

Pick 4 and Redden or GTFO! You have until Friday 5pm etc or negotiations cease!

There's always going to be spin for negotiations. You didn't really believe that statement, did you? You'd be naive if you did.
Yeah there are a lot of Collingwood fans who believed this as well, but when you've got such a large supporter base as we do, you're gonna get a large amount of nuffies too.

Brisbane first offered pick 5 only.
Collingwood wanted pick 5 and an "untouchable".

The deal in the end was a fair compromise.

Both clubs wanted Beams to move, but without appearing to be lose out on the trade table. In the end, the Lions came out in front. However we're not disappointed with De Goey, Greenwood & Crisp.

See you in Round 1!

There's always going to be spin for negotiations. You didn't really believe that statement, did you? You'd be naive if you did.

No, I never did, and was saying so at the time.

Thus why I am entitled to still take the piss out of it now.

Brisbane first offered pick 5 only.
Collingwood wanted pick 5 and an "untouchable".

The deal in the end was a fair compromise.

Both clubs wanted Beams to move, but without appearing to be lose out on the trade table. In the end, the Lions came out in front. However we're not disappointed with De Goey, Greenwood & Crisp.

See you in Round 1!

You might think we are footy noobs on the frontier but we actually don't need the history lesson from Collingwood supporters. ;) Some of us Brisbane supporters had wind of Beams's intention to come home months before the trade period, and wore the abuse and vitriolic insults from Pies fans for stating it.

Then before the actual trade, many of us were predicting the exact trade weeks before it happened, so again, you don't need to explain it all to us. There were nutbags on either side, but I reckon it is fair to state that Brisbane supporters read the play much better than the Pies fans throughout the whole scenario - although considering we werent the ones losing an A grader, we weren't as confused by emotion I guess.

Last edited:
No, I never did, and was saying so at the time.
Thus why I am still taking the piss out of it now.

I believe you, but I also believe that many of your fans (and ours), did.
I can see the funny side, and this is your board so fire away.

You might think we are footy noobs on the frontier but we actually don't need lessons from Collingwood supporters. Some of us Brisbane supporters had wind of Beams's intention to come home months before the trade period, and wore the abuse and vitriolic insults from Pies fans for stating it.

I don't think you're noobs at all, and I wasn't giving "lessons". Sorry that you felt it came across that way.
There are plenty of terrible Pies fans, and I can understand the hatred. It's the main reason I don't post much on the Collingwood board.
Bay 13 is my home here.

Then before the actual trade, many of us were predicting the exact trade weeks before it happened, so again, you don't need to explain it all to us. There were nutbags on either side, but I reckon it is fair to state that Brisbane supporters read the play much better than the Pies fans throughout the whole scenario - although considering we werent the ones losing an A grader, we weren't as confused by emotion I guess.

Some of us read it pretty well.
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threa...he-hype-thread.1078097/page-225#post-35639502
(How do you change the link into other text? I could never work that out!)

Anyway this is your board and I won't intrude further. Good luck for 2015 (except for round 1). :)

See Victoria's number 1 AFL paper, the Herald Sun, are all over the Collingwood list... Crisp number's up before he starts?

COLLINGWOOD

Darcy Moore will wear his father’s famous No.30 and Jamie Elliott has inherited Nick Maxwell’s No.5. Former Cat Travis Varcoe will wear No.18 and Levi Greenwood will take Elliott’s old No.19 after joining the Pies from North Melbourne. Defender Tom Langdon has been promoted from No.41 to No.8 which became available when Heritier Lumumba was traded to Melbourne, while Beams’ former No.17 has been handed to Jonathon Marsh. Moore will follow in the footsteps of his father, who wore No.30 for 172 games for the Magpies from 1974-82. “It’s a really humbling feeling to be able to wear the same number as my old man,” Moore told the Magpies website. “I’m really proud of what he’s done and I’m ready to make a contribution in the jumper as well.” Top draft pick Jordan De Goey has the No.35 famously worn by Peter Daicos and Simon Prestigiacomo while Brayden Maynard will wear No.37 and Matthew Goodyear has No.38.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...its-wear-in-2015/story-fni5f3kt-1227151092643

Remove this Banner Ad

Back