List Mgmt. We Have A Bright Future

Remove this Banner Ad

titanic leonardo dicaprio GIF

So much negativity on this post lets say we lose 4 players to retirement in the next 2 years:
Pickett
Grimes
Dusty
Prestia

Promising talent U23:
Ryan
Clarke
Gibcus
Ross
Banks
Sonsie
Dow

Never mind 2 top 20 players in the comp who are 24 and 25 respectively

We have negatives for sure:
Have to be brutal with Maurice isn't and never will be an AFL player
Balta has the brain the size of a peanut
Cumberland cant hold up a list spot

After yesterdays performance, we need a brave coach to embark on the next journey. I don’t think Mini has it in him.

There are so many vets fallen or just about to fall off a cliff.

Our backline yesterday was putrid. A lot of our great players from a fabulous era are not the same players.

Do we have a bright future? I’m not picking up my sunnies yet.

The club has unfortunately adopted too much identity politics and wokeness (placing it in the coaching position). Essentially in a brutal competitive sport we can’t have such softness and our decision making culturally is soft. Playing selfish older players who want more glory when it’s clearly been over for 3 years, not playing youth, and being too soft to take on the AFL are big big bears of mine.
With all due respect that is simply nonsense...supporting 'inclusiveness' at the RFC makes it stronger...not soft like you say!
The RFC is simply allowing these great champions that have won the RFC three GFs out of a possible Four...time to reach 300 games and call retirement at their own discretion...and if they take too long deciding...the tap on the shoulder will come soon enough!
Winning three out of four possible GFs is an extraordinary achievement for the RFC...considering how/when it was achieved...in an expanded AFL Comp!
Begrudging premiership and champion players their time in the sun with their supporters and fare welling them all with home games at the G is simply just poor form! Now is the time for celebration and farewell...enjoy it!...the time to rebuild will come soon enough...with all the whinges that will bring!

Corn has just put a line through all our future young talent for the next 5yrs lol, says its going to get ugly. Um we managed to win 10 games this year already playing the youth he just casually dismissed. What a knob jockey. Please beat Port Adelaide this week

Fairly sure he's said we need to look at Geelong, and that Geelong have better youth coming through

Excited about our round 1 team next year

Mansell Lynch Cumberland
Bolton Gibcus Bauer
Short Martin Baker
Ross Young Rioli
Broad Balta Vlastuin
Soldo Taranto Hopper
Nankervis Dow Clarke Graham

I'm pretty excited by our future, don't get me wrong.

But can everyone please stop overrating Tyler Sonsie and demand he get brought in every week. It's exhausting. What has he done since entering the club to make him entitled to senior selection when he isn't performing at the lower level?

And before anyone throws his VFL numbers at me, I urge you to watch his games and impact, or lack there of before just referencing his stats.

My hope when drafting him (which every club passed on him) was that he would mature and realise what hard work is off his childhood hero (Trent Cotchin.) Given the penny has absolutely not dropped for him, and Trent has now left the building, I have huge concerns over him and his future.

Needs to seriously look at himself in the mirror and turn his attitude around if he wants his talents to amount to any sort of career.

P.s If you watched Mansell today, that's the type of tenacity and ferociousness I love to see in our VFL Tigers. For what he lacks in talent, he makes up tenfold in heart and spirit. Must keep him at the club

Go Tiges

But can everyone please stop overrating Tyler Sonsie and demand he get brought in every week. It's exhausting. What has he done since entering the club to make him entitled to senior selection when he isn't performing at the lower level?

And before anyone throws his VFL numbers at me, I urge you to watch his games and impact, or lack there of before just referencing his stats.

My hope when drafting him (which every club passed on him) was that he would mature and realise what hard work is off his childhood hero (Trent Cotchin.) Given the penny has absolutely not dropped for him, and Trent has now left the building, I have huge concerns over him and his future.

Needs to seriously look at himself in the mirror and turn his attitude around if he wants his talents to amount to any sort of career.

P.s If you watched Mansell today, that's the type of tenacity and ferociousness I love to see in our VFL Tigers. For what he lacks in talent, he makes up tenfold in heart and spirit. Must keep him at the club

Go Tiges
I'm not a real fan of sonsie too slow for my liking and has a pretty weak left hook.

Go Tiges

How can you have an attitude problem when your drafted to the club you support, where your literal heroes are still playing ? I don't get it.

How can you have an attitude problem when your drafted to the club you support, where your literal heroes are still playing ? I don't get it.

I asked one recruiter when the word was Sonsie won’t be a first round pick despite being talked as a top pick shortly before and he said “Less chance to not make it than make it at the next level as the kid is a space cadet who shows lack of will despite being a beautiful footballer”

We are seeing this in action and it’s so frustrating that this kid is playing out all our fantasies and it’s application and attitude stopping him, not talent. He’s a Tiger and I just want to see him make it, hoping that he can turn it around.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I asked one recruiter when the word was Sonsie won’t be a first round pick despite being talked as a top pick shortly before and he said “Less chance to not make it than make it at the next level as the kid is a space cadet who shows lack of will despite being a beautiful footballer”

We are seeing this in action and it’s so frustrating that this kid is playing out all our fantasies and it’s application and attitude stopping him, not talent. He’s a Tiger and I just want to see him make it, hoping that he can turn it around.
Hope he doesn't turn out to be another Stack
All the talent but just a dumbcampaigner in attitude.

Does Hardwick speak the truth?

He is excited by the Gold Coast list

So he was not excited by the Richmond list.

He can see success in the not too distant future at Gold Coast, six year contract.

Does that mean it will be tough for RFC for the next six years???

Sounds like we need to hit the draft now to prove we can rise up before six years!!!

Looks like, according to some, our guys 30 plus will find it tough to win more silver wear at RFC and might achieve more elsewhere....

What I also found interesting is he said he has not spoke to Dew. How long has this been brewing, was there a guilt trip??

Go Tiges
wait until pre season and the posters on here will begin to lift up Cumberland as the next messiah of our forward line.

Must've been talking to the same person I was.
Was told he has serious application issues ... just thinks it will all fall into place, because ... it did at junior level against inferior talent.
Sunday's incident was a real eye-opener. Mind boggling actually.

Does Hardwick speak the truth?

He is excited by the Gold Coast list

So he was not excited by the Richmond list.

He can see success in the not too distant future at Gold Coast, six year contract.

Does that mean it will be tough for RFC for the next six years???

Sounds like we need to hit the draft now to prove we can rise up before six years!!!

Looks like, according to some, our guys 30 plus will find it tough to win more silver wear at RFC and might achieve more elsewhere....

What I also found interesting is he said he has not spoke to Dew. How long has this been brewing, was there a guilt trip??

Calm down .. it's AFL speak.
Nine tenths of what coaches and players spew is company speak.
They are 'paid employees' of their clubs, so they say what's needed to suck in you fans.

Excited about our round 1 team next year

Mansell Lynch Cumberland
Bolton Gibcus Bauer
Short Martin Baker
Ross Young Rioli
Broad Balta Vlastuin
Soldo Taranto Hopper
Nankervis Dow Clarke Graham
thats rancid as

Corn has just put a line through all our future young talent for the next 5yrs lol, says its going to get ugly. Um we managed to win 10 games this year already playing the youth he just casually dismissed. What a knob jockey. Please beat Port Adelaide this week
Deciding which half of my body watches this or the VFL game.
Two one legged one eyed Tigers.

Someone invariably steps up, Bauer and Bradtke have huge opportunities between them to become the second or third tall.

When Richo retired, everyone doubted Riewoldt would get anywhere near what Richo could do. Not saying either of these guys will be what Jack and Cho were but I'm very confident someone will step up.

i think that we missed georgie more than we realized his manic pressure in the fwd half we missed bad if we get that right with mrj and coultard and a couple other pressure pressure pressure small frwds then we could be here this time next year in the hunt for a flag.
its not all doom and gloom i actually dont think we are far off. jack and trent slowed down our forward line pressure this year which in turn made it hard for the backs.
it will be fine

Remove this Banner Ad

Back