News We have a leak at board level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Footy media have become as insulated as their Canberra counterparts.

They live in a tiny bubble and have zero idea of what the man or woman in the street actually gives a s**t about.

Clue: not this.

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
No, the point is you are making an assumption there was a leak.

But there was a leak. Brad Scott had a meeting with the board & coaching department to discuss the plan moving forward, one option was that they should go down the rebuild path. After the other coaches left the meeting, he told the board that if they chose that path he would not be able to stay on as coach and would step aside.

The board decided to take him up on that and would let him go.

Before the coach had the chance to speak to the players, and even his family, someone from the board spoke outside of that circle and the story was out.

That’s not good enough.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
But there was a leak. Brad Scott had a meeting with the board & coaching department to discuss the plan moving forward, one option was that they should go down the rebuild path. After the other coaches left the meeting, he told the board that if they chose that path he would not be able to stay on as coach and would step aside.

Before the coach had the chance to speak to the players, and even his family, someone from the board spoke outside of that circle and the story was out.

That’s not good enough.

Okay, I'll admit it!

I sent an email to Mark Robinson under the non de plume of Ron Casey.

Jan 23, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I thought it was Scott had an agreement to coach until year end . But after the swans fiasco a board member dropped Scott will finish up at seasons end to force the end now? So yes loose lips , but a ship was deliberately sunk.

That’s not good enough.
DC I don’t think Brad was in the gun last week
I believe he’s been on notice since Good Friday and was a dead man walking.

To me there isn’t a rat but moreso Brad IMO wanted the exit to come sooner rather than later (ie the bye)

And it did. Desired outcome for all. Whatever we have heard in the media since is PR generated filler

Mar 17, 2012
Caught in the web.
AFL Club
North Melbourne

That’s not good enough.

I don't think it's that's simple.

Disussions at board level had been going on for a few weeks, since the Essendon debacle. The writing may have been clearly on the wall to Brad. Robbo mentioned having a candid convo with Brad about his future a few weeks ago. Who knows what he told him. Maybe he briefed Robbo himself. There are too many unknowns.

Oct 16, 2004
The Gasometer
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
There's a leak somewhere. This didn't appear on Friday afternoon due to Robbo's high level, Woodward/Bernstein like investigative journalism skills. More likely he was in a local pub, having another pint, parma and dart when someone called him. He calmly sighed, finished the dart, finished the pint, left the parma because he accidentally stubbed the dart out on it and wrote the most coherent thing he could think of.

Who called him? If it was a board member, yeah that's a big deal despite the eventual outcome being the most desirable result. If it came from a board member then that should be dealt with. But who else could it be? Brad himself? His management? Another club who Brad has spoken to? Someone's mate whose mate played a round of golf behind Brad's group? If we believe everything we hear then all this came to a head after the Good Friday loss. Maybe the club did OK keeping this under wraps for a month.

I'm more interested in what happens next.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Who called him? If it was a board member, yeah that's a big deal despite the eventual outcome being the most desirable result. If it came from a board member then that should be dealt with. But who else could it be? Brad himself? His management? Another club who Brad has spoken to? Someone's mate whose mate played a round of golf behind Brad's group? If we believe everything we hear then all this came to a head after the Good Friday loss. Maybe the club did OK keeping this under wraps for a month.

I'm more interested in what happens next.

Mark Robinson has an inside source on the North board, then he goes and blabs about his source publicly.

Think about that mate.

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
DC I don’t think Brad was in the gun last week
I believe he’s been on notice since Good Friday and was a dead man walking.

To me there isn’t a rat but moreso Brad IMO wanted the exit to come sooner rather than later (ie the bye)

And it did. Desired outcome for all. Whatever we have heard in the media since is PR generated filler

Agree with that. I have no qualms about Brad getting the arse. He was done after the Good Friday loss. I honestly think we have issues keeping things in house. Maybe I’m just too old fashioned and don’t like people talking out of school. If I were running the joint I’d want to know whose running to the media every time there’s a story coming out of North and get rid of them.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Agree with that. I have no qualms about Brad getting the arse. He was done after the Good Friday loss. I honestly think we have issues keeping things in house. Maybe I’m just too old fashioned and don’t like people talking out of school. If I were running the joint I’d want to know whose running to the media every time there’s a story coming out of North and get rid of them.

D'ya reckon Brads brother might have known about it?

1559045345121.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back