North Melbourne
Other Teams
North Fairfax Kangaroos
Call the new Coach:
4954.jpeg

he will take care of it.

If anyone it was Scott himself.

I care not a jot.
I agree wholeheartedly. And when have players ever known in the past that a coach was being sacked before everyone else did?
They would have heard whispers. They hear the truth when the coach has to say goodbye.

I too have no jots to give/hold/tickle/raffle/attack/missile

I have decided to try to gracefully slide into a standing position in the present.

Go Roos!

Agree with that. I have no qualms about Brad getting the arse. He was done after the Good Friday loss. I honestly think we have issues keeping things in house. Maybe I’m just too old fashioned and don’t like people talking out of school. If I were running the joint I’d want to know whose running to the media every time there’s a story coming out of North and get rid of them.
We did. Brad Scott seems the most likely source. He has been 'gotten rid of'. I'm tired of this stuff. Let's unite behind the future. The actual team. What's done is done

If you believe everything you hear then technically, Brad was sacked. Possibly the friendliest, most amicable sacking ever, but still a sacking none the less. If Brad, or a representative of Brad, leaked the story it's the most brilliant Machiavellian move in the history of the game. No doubt his stocks have risen since Friday. 5h1t, some of the commentary I've heard makes me think we've just shafted Norm Smith. So did he deliberately orchestrate a situation that would release him from his duties of North, seemingly against his will, yet see him save face to the extent that other clubs would be salivating at the prospect of having him at their club next year. If so, then his tactical genius is totally latent as an AFL coach and he should be running for government in 2022.

Did someone outside the club leak it? Another club who were gobsmacked at Brad's amazing record and so desperate to have him they orchestrated a situation that would give them open access to his genius? Why? What would they have to gain by doing it now? This seems very unlikely.

No. The leak came from within. They wanted Brad out so the "fresh air" could waft in ASAP. Was it the best outcome? Probably. But that's not how things should roll so it's less than ideal and will probably need to be addressed eventually. But in the big scheme of things, there's bigger fish to fry starting this Friday night.
Brad did it because he looked at the fixture and could save his brand. Done now. He is not anything to do with the club or the team. Close the thread

Royal Flush

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 14, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
According to another poster admittedly from Freo the board conducted a secret external review last year which recommended sacking Scott and other perps in key positions. If this is true it might explain our performance so far this year ie Scott's eye was off the ball and again if true shoes the board are in fact maybe very good st keeping confidences (also may explain why old mate who applied for a board position didn't get a look in) so on the weight of the circumstantial evidence on hand I think we have to accept Mr Scott did it on the golf course with a 3 iron and a quiet word in a trusted media reps ear.

BTW Scott's has already stitched up his next gig, him saying he never discussed this with his manager just makes me want to vomit. Maybe he did it via Skype text or sign language but communication happened and if you don't believe that then you must believe in fairies. Small glowing fairies with wings and pink tutus that flit about at the bottom of bob browns garden who BTW does not endorse this message.
I believe it's true that he didn't consult his manager, because I reckon Scott took the fairer payout. Payed out the season and relinquished next year's salary.
His manager would have been pisses regarding that, because he could have quite easily shafted North for more $.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Val Keating yes something was up

Probably never know what happened until Scotts does Open Mike with Noddy

I see it as an issue moving forward because one day there will be some issue that we care about where the leak decides to not say something because it’s not within their perception of what is ‘the best interests’

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Why do you seem so sure it's a person on the board? And even if it was, odds are it was a tactical leak agreed upon by multiple members.
I agree the board should identify the leak, because if there's a rogue operator they need to be identified in case they leak something more damaging.

I genuinely suspect it either came from Scott's camp or was deliberately done by board agreement though. In the first instance, good riddance and enjoy the rest of your PR tour before you take up that job at Carlton. If it was the latter instance then congrats to the board or buckley for growing some balls.

Because it was only the board and Brad that knew. If was Brad who leaked it then he’s incredibly two faced.

Whoever it was, why would they leak it the day before a game?

And if it was a strategic leak from the board, why didn’t they just sack him?

Thewlis Dish

Cancelled
10k Posts
Sep 9, 2003
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
FGR
If was Brad who leaked it then he’s incredibly two faced.

Brad is all about Brad's image, and by leaking things it allowed him to control the narrative. Surely you can see that?

The board is obviously above getting into a public tit-for-tat about who leaked what, and is instead looking forward, as they should.

Because it was only the board and Brad that knew. If was Brad who leaked it then he’s incredibly two faced.

Whoever it was, why would they leak it the day before a game?

And if it was a strategic leak from the board, why didn’t they just sack him?
Right now looking back who benefitted most from the leak?

For me that answer is Scott.

-it broke in the media
- my wife knew before I could tell her
- my players were all crying
- ex players have been white anting me
- I love the club and still support them
- thanks for my exclusive interview person who broke the story

The bloke is playing the martyr here and coming out to the wider footy community smelling less than if he was marched out.

I truly believe he lost the ability to control his destiny with us and when that happene he looked to control the only thing he had left which was the narrative. He's a good story teller, and now he's looking to use that silver tongue.

Will probably never know but ask any sports journo and they will say most leaks around player and coach movement come from player/coach management. Don’t know in this case but I refer back to the post that asks who benefited the most from this info leaking.

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne

-it broke in the media

The bloke is playing the martyr here and coming out to the wider footy community smelling less than if he was marched out.

I truly believe he lost the ability to control his destiny with us and when that happene he looked to control the only thing he had left which was the narrative. He's a good story teller, and now he's looking to use that silver tongue.

He got me one last time.

Will probably never know but ask any sports journo and they will say most leaks around player and coach movement come from player/coach management. Don’t know in this case but I refer back to the post that asks who benefited the most from this info leaking.

I reckon this is spot on, except for the fact that while I think the ex coach may believe he benefited the most from this leaking - I personally believe the club did. Every week extra was a wasted week IMO. Big win for the club to get it done and get it done with relatively no scraped knees.

What a crap thread. As if we don't have enough of that on radio and in the papers?
It was clearly staged to bring about the change immediately, as the club saw plenty of reasons for it, which I am not going to go into, as they are bloody obvious. Now stop feeding Ralph any more ideas.

Next morning in the HS:

"North fans unhappy with the board handling of Brad Scott"

Midas

Team Captain
May 4, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Anyone considered that it was a deliberate leak? That maybe, after the discussions held where Brad so generously admitted that his footy department had made a blue and the blueprint for success couldn't net Kelly, Gaff, Martin etc, that maybe he took his foot off the pedal given there was no guarantee of long term support for him. That maybe Brad's work ethic had begun to slip so therefore it was time to move before it became an even more noticeable issue and this was the best way to bring it to a head?

Thewlis Dish

Cancelled
10k Posts
Sep 9, 2003
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
FGR

-it broke in the media

He probably also looked at our remaining fixture and realised that it would be a lot better for his coaching brand to leave now than coach out the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back