News We have a leak at board level.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
What a crap thread. As if we don't have enough of that on radio and in the papers?
It was clearly staged to bring about the change immediately, as the club saw plenty of reasons for it, which I am not going to go into, as they are bloody obvious. Now stop feeding Ralph any more ideas.

Next morning in the HS:

"North fans unhappy with the board handling of Brad Scott"

It seems I was the only one with this point of view and have taken merciless beating over it. That in mind,

Next morning in the HS:

North fans very happy with the board

the flying ham

Cancelled
Dec 12, 2006
AFL Club
North Melbourne
A.Deliberately leaked by Scott's team to accelerate the process and allow him to start discussions with other clubs.

B. Deliberately leaked by the club to accelerate the process and allow them to start discussions with prospective coaches.

Does it really matter? No.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
B. Deliberately leaked by the club to accelerate the process and allow them to start discussions with prospective coaches.

What could "accelerate the process" any better than giving him the arse?

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Exactly! Both parties wanted an early exit. And both got it.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I am the absolute LAST person on earth that would embellish to protect the board, and even I don't believe there is any leak.

I don't even get why people care in the slightest.

Groin guru

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 21, 2017
Destination Club
AFL Club
North Melbourne
We have a leak. Someone is flapping their gums.
giphy.gif

Jimms

All Australian
Aug 23, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
There's a leak somewhere. This didn't appear on Friday afternoon due to Robbo's high level, Woodward/Bernstein like investigative journalism skills. More likely he was in a local pub, having another pint, parma and dart when someone called him. He calmly sighed, finished the dart, finished the pint, left the parma because he accidentally stubbed the dart out on it and wrote the most coherent thing he could think of.

finished the pint, left the parma, hopped in the car, drove back to herald sun HQ, accidentally crashed through a pizza shop front window

The Dingrel

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Brisbane Bandits
But there was a leak. Brad Scott had a meeting with the board & coaching department to discuss the plan moving forward, one option was that they should go down the rebuild path. After the other coaches left the meeting, he told the board that if they chose that path he would not be able to stay on as coach and would step aside.

The board decided to take him up on that and would let him go.
Before the coach had the chance to speak to the players, and even his family, someone from the board spoke outside of that circle and the story was out.

Pretty sure it was on Bigfooty on the thursday that Shaw would be coaching out the rest of the season. don't ask me to find that post and who posted it though

That’s not good enough.

Apr 3, 2000
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
This is not what the current prevailing theory is from people close to the situation, for what it is worth.

Can we trust those people close to the situation? I don't know who leaked, I hope it was Scott because that means the leaks stop, but I am not confident that is true, we will know soon enough we have a coach to announce in the next few months.

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
finished the pint, left the parma, hopped in the car, drove back to herald sun HQ, accidentally crashed through a pizza shop front window
You guys are so full of it. There is no way Robbo left the pub. He composed those two or three sentences on his phone post parma and with still half his second pint in the glass. Hit the send button, ducked out for his fourth dart of the afternoon before returning to knock the froth off number three.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back