We Have A Winner!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 20, 2000
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Congratulations to the allies. Came last in the one day series, but have now taken the up. A very impressive performance.

And now the player of the season:
THE MASE!!!! Played some incredible cricket scoring 1493 runs averaging 67.9. Welldone masey in leading your side to such a great series and for your true captains knocks.

Thanks everyone for joining in the series, it was fun. Occasional missed days, but that's to be expected i suppose.

Up coming matches, All Bigfooty vs Australia.

Then we start afresh (but more info in the coming days)

Congratulations to the Allies, and in particular their my opposing skipper, TheMase.

We tried our hearts out, we got flogged in the first game, went home, won fairly easily, and were confident coming in. We put up a fight, I'm proud of my boys, and I'm sure we'll be back, better than ever next season.

It was only our first year, and we won and retained both the Merv Hughes Cup and the Lillee-Warne Trophy. Unfortunately, the big one eluded us, but the Calypso spirit will be back.

While on stage, I'd like to announce the signing of Big V player, Hilly, to the Calypso Kings for next season. Good batsman, who will be fighting for a spot in a large squad.

Anyway, the Allies were the better team on the day, during the season, and our hats go off to them.

The Hitman

Well done to the Allies and Joshem for conducting the competition.

Kings, great debut season and looking forward to bigger and better things in the future!!!

I would like to firstly thank my opposition today. They played out a great match. This match would probably have been, the best match of the season, really had my heart pumping. And its the way it should have been with the series locked at 1-1. Thanks to The Hitman for captaining his side so well, and unfortunately for him, we were just the better side on the day.

Next I would like to thank my own team mates. We started the year rocky with allegations of corrupt players. We cleared those players out and started again from Round 2. I had only played one match for the Allies when I took on the captaincy role.
People in the club had their doubts about me after a couple of first up losses. But you, my team mates, had absolute faith. Its been a great season guys, now down to the pub to have a drink with the Kings :D :D :p

Next I would like to thank our fans. You have come out in force today, and without your support, I dont think we would be here today. Thanks so much, and we will see you next season.

Last but not least I would like to thank Joshhem for putting on such a great competition, and giving us the chance to play at such a high standard :D :D

Thanks all, now off to the pub :D :)

The Allies can stick there trophy where the sun don't shine. :mad:

I may be looking elsewhere next season if i am still way down in the leadership pecking order. :mad:

The only person i want to thank is Joshhem for doing a fantastic job, cheers. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great stuff Allies!
It's annoying I wasn't in the side but the refreshments I brought you guys during the match seemed to do the trick.
As a Bigfooty member told me ... I'm the Derek Kickett of Fantasy Cricket. Wow that rhymes too!

Unbelievable!

I didn't think we were gonna make it, I unno why I should have learnt by now never to doubt this side.

Big tickers shown by all the batsmen chasing a big total, Masey played his usual authorative innings but the main plaudits have to go to Bubba for setting it up & for SpecialBruce to nearly see us home-shame he got out for 99.I'mjust happy personally that I justified my place in their second dig by taking 4 wickets up until then I was a passenger.

I would like to thank all my fellow Allies players for being such great team mates-you're all champions.I would also like to thank Joshem for putting in some sterling work on making it a great season.

But most of all I would like to thank Masey for his leadership & batting during the season, some of us are born to lead & he'sone of them.A tactical genius who knows how to get the best out of his players, if Iknow him at all this will just be the start & he'll try to create a dynasty.

Big commiserations go to the Kings who would have expected to win going into the 4th innings but they were up against a great side & I don't think they can deny that we were the class side of the season.

BTW Joshem whose the bowler of the season?

Is it possible o have the full stats for the season shown on here-either just the Allies ones if Maey has them or for the whole comp if that's possible.

Finally to everyone in the All Big Footy side let's smash those (arrogant;) ) Aussies.

PS Macca you don't fancy joining the Allies for next season do ya, we're always on the look out for stand out players.

Originally posted by Richmondfan#1
Great stuff Allies!
It's annoying I wasn't in the side but the refreshments I brought you guys during the match seemed to do the trick.
As a Bigfooty member told me ... I'm the Derek Kickett of Fantasy Cricket. Wow that rhymes too!

Don't worry RF#1 you played your part during the season & me & Masey are gonna work you really hard in the nets in the off season & turn you into a world beater.

Originally posted by DIPPER

Don't worry RF#1 you played your part during the season & me & Masey are gonna work you really hard in the nets in the off season & turn you into a world beater.

Thanks Dipper, I know I really need to train hard as ever this winter and I will if it means getting into the Allies squad.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back