We have Voss, now we have the Assistants...

Remove this Banner Ad

He'll be researching training techniques and programs across other codes, across the globe and tweak it with senior coaching team.
....from this guy...
fd3887cb8afdd8fe69d5cedac934f6f1.jpg

I think we really do need to eventually move beyond the wallsy type of mentor - yep, club champ, premiership coach and vastly knowledgeable etc but this is 2021/2 and as much as a lot of the ideas and concepts are the same as they were in his day, we need to create our now - besides he must be done with it

Agree, just like on this board. We need to move on from long time posters like thylacine60. Who at times may be measured, patient, witty and supportive.

This is 2021/22 FFS. An era of distraction. We need more posters with reactive emotional rants, impatience, blame and one line superficial analysis :)

Agree, just like on this board. We need to move on from long time posters like thylacine60. Who at times may be measured, patient, witty and supportive.

This is 2021/22 FFS. An era of distraction. We need more posters with reactive emotional rants, impatience, blame and one line superficial analysis :)

I feel I can step up to the emotive rant, impatience and blame but I reckon I'm far too deep to manage superficial. ;)

I can, as you see, do one line if I don't need another to point that out.

I think we will see Voss coaching from the boundary and Hansen in the box next year. Fits the narrative around Voss being the people leader and Hansen being in charge of the technical aspects of the game. Voss was on the boundary all year for port adelaide so obviously feels he can impact there. Thoughts?
Voss was doing Hansens role last year and wasnt the senior coach. Senior coaches usually coach from the box- less distractions and more able to make crucial match decisions. Box is set up with all the IT and infos streaming in to make informed decisions.

Voss was doing Hansens role last year and wasnt the senior coach. Senior coaches usually coach from the box- less distractions and more able to make crucial match decisions. Box is set up with all the IT and infos streaming in to make informed decisions.
I think "usually" is the operative word there. Fagan has done a fair bit of back and forward between being on the bench vs the box, Noble did it a bit, Ratten likes to get down to the bench etc.

I agree with your hypothesis about IT/info, but I also think that's changing with technology - the bench now has ipads everywhere with various trackers etc - it really comes down to the Head Coaches role on Gameday - is the coach there to be tactics only, or man management only, or a hybrid and what spot gives them the best chance to do so. Maybe a phone call doesnt work as effectively for some as standing in front of a player showing them (visual learning vs audio learning).

I think we will see a hybrid from Voss - spending majority of time in the box, but coming down to the bench when the opposition gets a run on, or its later in a game and things are tight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Find it slightly amusing that Amos from South Barwon leaves and then St Joey's boy arrive in Greaves. I'm sure there is no love lost between them and wonder if Amos was moved on because of Greaves

Find it slightly amusing that Amos from South Barwon leaves and then St Joey's boy arrive in Greaves. I'm sure there is no love lost between them and wonder if Amos was moved on because of Greaves
reads like a limerick...........

Remove this Banner Ad

Back