Universal Love We 'heart' Geelong... yay.

Remove this Banner Ad

Seeing as though we have some many #geelong lurkers checking our board regularly I thought it might be a nice gesture to recognise how much we love and appreciate the support the Corio pussies have provided over the last 50+ years.

The 2008 and 1989 premierships are the highlights of my football watching career. 1989, instead of meekly rolling over and dying, the Handbaggers decided to get 'ruff n tuff', attempting to kill a few of our players, then they staged an epic—albiet unrealistic—comeback to help our triumph be recognised as the greatest win in all of VFL/AFL history.

2008. On the pathway to ensuring a legitimate dynasty, the great Geelong champions decided to choke big time. Clarko's cluster, and a team of exciting youthful talent—of which a number of members would later go on to achieve a real dynasty—pressured relentlessly and took full advantage of the situation. It was a pleasure to watch Mooney, Ottens, and co kick behinds from places where kicking a behind was just not really possible.

I also have to mention how good the pact to never lose against hawthorn was. All those wins, to finally choke at the most important moment in 2013. It made that flag that much more satisfying.

Oh, and Neville Bruns is my favourite Geelong player ever.

Longevity (2007, 2009 and 2011) is arguably better than three in a row

A ha ha ha h aha aha aha ha yeah sure ah ha ha ha ha
I can't wait to see what happens next year when we pinch a twilight flag for Hodge, Burgoyne and Gibbo

I love the way they complain that our premierships are against interstate teams, despite the fact that Geelong laid down their handbags and gave West Coast their first 2 premierships in 1992 and 1994.

And they think we are their rivals - ha!

images

:D:D:D

I love the way they complain that our premierships are against interstate teams, despite the fact that Geelong laid down their handbags and gave West Coast their first 2 premierships in 1992 and 1994.

And they think we are their rivals - ha!

Interesting.

2007 - Port rubbish GF interstate representative, acquitted themselves far worse that the greatest pressure team in history in Fremantle in 2013 or the unbeatable Sydney in 2014, agree that the Eagles were poor.

2009 - St.Kilda, seriously petrified of winning a GF, so much pressure on them to finally add to the 1966 cup that they couldn't get out of their own way, shame as can't wait to see them win one.

2011 - Collingwood, let's face it no team has lost more GF's, they only won in 2010 because someone had to, neither team could do it the first time and it ended in a draw, but the Saints reverted to form and folded in the replay.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I loved how that squirrel gripping Ranga maggot Neville Bruns ran to the Authorities when he copped what he deserved.
I love how Dank and the Weapon were conducting legitimate business at the Cattery during their faux dynasty.
I love how Gaz Senior spent time finding God at a Kyabram Rehab Centre after 'that' incident.

And I love how Enright is a lock for All-Australian every year.

Interesting.

2007 - Port rubbish GF interstate representative, acquitted themselves far worse that the greatest pressure team in history in Fremantle in 2013 or the unbeatable Sydney in 2014, agree that the Eagles were poor.

2009 - St.Kilda, seriously petrified of winning a GF, so much pressure on them to finally add to the 1966 cup that they couldn't get out of their own way, shame as can't wait to see them win one.

2011 - Collingwood, let's face it no team has lost more GF's, they only won in 2010 because someone had to, neither team could do it the first time and it ended in a draw, but the Saints reverted to form and folded in the replay.

1. Whenever the Swans make the GF they suddenly turn back to the South Melbourne Bloodz. Watch what happens next week.

2. StKilda will never win another flag

3. Exactly

Seeing as though we have some many #geelong lurkers checking our board regularly I thought it might be a nice gesture to recognise how much we love and appreciate the support the Corio pussies have provided over the last 50+ years.

The 2008 and 1989 premierships are the highlights of my football watching career. 1989, instead of meekly rolling over and dying, the Handbaggers decided to get 'ruff n tuff', attempting to kill a few of our players, then they staged an epic—albiet unrealistic—comeback to help our triumph be recognised as the greatest win in all of VFL/AFL history.

2008. On the pathway to ensuring a legitimate dynasty, the great Geelong champions decided to choke big time. Clarko's cluster, and a team of exciting youthful talent—of which a number of members would later go on to achieve a real dynasty—pressured relentlessly and took full advantage of the situation. It was a pleasure to watch Mooney, Ottens, and co kick behinds from places where kicking a behind was just not really possible.

I also have to mention how good the pact to never lose against hawthorn was. All those wins, to finally choke at the most important moment in 2013. It made that flag that much more satisfying.

Oh, and Neville Bruns is my favourite Geelong player ever.
I do appreciate the thuggery from the cats in the 1989 grannie in a way. The pussies single handedly turned Dermie and Dipper into heroes across the whole football community. Thanks for that. Oh, and if they think they were hard done by if they didn't go the biff, like in round one of the very next year, they'd have lost by 100 points again.

I do love how the handbaggers continually try to prove themselves as though they were relevant, like how they tried to include their VFA flags and local community premierships in their flag count. So, so desperate... minnows.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back