Roast We lost, [insert scapegoat here] is to blame

Remove this Banner Ad

Gregson, to outside to be an effective small forward averages 9 possessions a game.
Same again today no wonder we were done.

Geelong are genuinely scared of some teams, Essendon is one of them. The Three Stooges must not play in the same team again, it has been an unmitigated disaster. Menzel should be retired. Prepare to offer up Kelly to the WA sides and get a high draft pick, someone to build the future around. Sack Scott. Sack the fitness and performance team.
The season is over, Geelong are not a top 8 side, play all the kids as much as possible. Richmond will beat the Cats by 100 points twice this season...something to look forward too...

The Three Stooges must not play in the same team again, it has been an unmitigated disaster. Menzel should be retired. Prepare to offer up Kelly to the WA sides and get a high draft pick,
What? You are saying this in jest surely?

Geelong are genuinely scared of some teams, Essendon is one of them

I think you mean, Geelong do not genuinely respect some teams, Essendon is one of them.

Go back to all the Bombers games you're thinking of, they generally 'lift' for us, we take them as a side not worthy of our best, therefore upsets occur. Not to mention they never have to play in Geelong.

There's no scapegoat in this one, the best way to get professionals (if you can call them that) to respond is to embarrass them. We see this again, and again. Worsfold was pissed off in the press conference because he was waiting for the inevitable question that I didn't hear the simple media idiots ask - 'Explain why your team brings such a different level of intent from one week to the next?'.

The coach takes all the brunt, while the players won't work hard unless they're embarrassed in the media all week. He has every right to be pissed. Watch Geelong respond after their piss poor effort last night, just like they did after the Essendon game last year - they crushed the reigning premier the followinf week with a record tackle count.

Our ability to play finals every year has flattered us and made us try to stay afloat and think we can snag a cheeky flag. It ain’t happening, that is why we lost and why we will continue to lose when the heat is turned up.

Geelong are genuinely scared of some teams, Essendon is one of them. The Three Stooges must not play in the same team again, it has been an unmitigated disaster. Menzel should be retired. Prepare to offer up Kelly to the WA sides and get a high draft pick, someone to build the future around. Sack Scott. Sack the fitness and performance team.
The season is over, Geelong are not a top 8 side, play all the kids as much as possible. Richmond will beat the Cats by 100 points twice this season...something to look forward too...

Congratulations, you’ve just been awarded the melt of the day

Chris Scott and the MC continually have no idea not playing a second ruck
midfield coach do we have one cos they dont know what they are doing

Taylor he is too old and slow, we have 3 tall defenders dont need 4
Ablett soft outside player, he is cooked
Blicavs cant play when the pressure is turned up, gave away 3 goals in the first quarter
Danger is a glory hound, cant kick and isnt a team player
Menegola goes missing when the heat is on
Bews just has woeful disposal

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The coach takes all the brunt, while the players won't work hard unless they're embarrassed in the media all week. He has every right to be pissed. Watch Geelong respond after their piss poor effort last night, just like they did after the Essendon game last year - they crushed the reigning premier the followinf week with a record tackle count.
Like last year right,back at KP again,the test comes the following week at Metrocon.

Like last year right,back at KP again,the test comes the following week at Metrocon.
Yes but I am sick of that approach. Play well every game , sometimes we will lose but at least an effort will keep us involved. Play like we did yesterday with no interest, poor coaching and no leadership from the Coach through and why should we bother. even turning up. This week will be the hard look at ourselves and all of that b****t that goes on after one of these losses and away we go for one week and then its back to the loss we had to have.
Professional teams should be able to maintain a standard and Coaches should be able to manage that.
So question is why
Dangerfield in the ruck?
HT not at CHF or FF even after half time
Duncan is down on form
so many hamstrings- I am sure that Ablett, Duncan and Dangerfield are terrified of it happening again
change the back line when it has been working well
is there no forward lie structure

Ru OK?

You have to remember it is a very even year - or even the last 3 years - very even comp

I thought Geel would win easily - because Ess had been going so poorly - couldnt beat Carl ( - so Ess have lifted to play Geel - a higher ranked team - and if history repeats itself - they wont back it up - and they will lose next week )

Not an excuse at all - however in a very even comp - i thought there was too much media - re Geel last week

There was Crameri on some show talking about his time at the Dons - re the injections fiasco . Then they had Kelly and Sav on the Footy Show together - which i watched - big Sav rested - Eddie said to him youve have been playing great - why aernt you in the team ?? - they all laughed it off . There was no talk about the actual game coming up - because Geel were going to flog them so who cares - except they didnt

When Carlton won the flag ,in 95 ( and the The Footy Show back then - was easily the no 1 show ) they banned all their players from appearing on it that year - they were totally focussed on winning flag

I also think Geel as a club - and thus the players - are still riding on the coat tails of the previous period of success - where as if they had 6-7 years near the bottom ( dont want that to happen ) - then i think the players if they got a good team again - would be hungry - and totally switched on week to week - where as at present - they will have a nice win now and again ( eg Coll last week ) - the club gets talked up - and everything is all good etc - then put in an absolute shocker - but then 3 or 4 weeks down the track have a nice win - and alls good again

Chris Scott and the MC continually have no idea not playing a second ruck
midfield coach do we have one cos they dont know what they are doing

Taylor he is too old and slow, we have 3 tall defenders dont need 4
Ablett soft outside player, he is cooked
Blicavs cant play when the pressure is turned up, gave away 3 goals in the first quarter
Danger is a glory hound, cant kick and isnt a team player
Menegola goes missing when the heat is on
Bews just has woeful disposal
Blame the entire team for Saturday's loss, even captain Selwood. We could not handle the pressure applied by Essendon. Nothing worked.

The eternal optimist!

If it aint broke don't fix it. You don't have to be Einstein to see Geelong had a settled and functioning back-6 that should have been left alone to do its job. No Sav should have seen Harry moved to the forward-50 to support Tom. Shoulda coulda. The bleeding obvious seems beyond Scott and co. at times.

Bews (last couple of weeks)
Kolo
Guthrie
Henderson.

All getting pilloried from various users.
All a part of a defensive group that had to deal with far more entries in our 50 than the Tigers did. We lost by less than a kick however.

If this is how they’re getting questioned then maybe the footy public should demand change at Punt Rd. After all they conceded a score more often than we did comparative to I50’s.

Seemingly this points to Tuohy and Blicavs being superhuman given they were among spud teammates. Yet one has also been chief whipping boy for years.

Yet we’ve conceded the 5th fewest points this season, and depending on points conceded today for GWS and WCE we could have the 3rd fewest.

It doesn’t all add up I’m afraid, very conflicting assessments relative to objective data.

Kolo
Guthrie
Henderson.

All a part of a defensive group that had to deal with far more entries in our 50 than the Tigers did. We lost by less than a kick however.
I think it depends heavily on expectation.

Henderson did have a shocker last night, and Kolo has been down for a few weeks.

Guthrie I think gets marked incredibly harshly here for anything less than 25 touches, bone-jarring shirtfronts and 55 metre kicks.

Kolo
Guthrie
Henderson.

If this is how they’re getting questioned then maybe the footy public should demand change at Punt Rd. After all they conceded a score more often than we did comparative to I50’s.

Seemingly this points to Tuohy and Blicavs being superhuman given they were among spud teammates. Yet one has also been chief whipping boy for years.

Yet we’ve conceded the 5th fewest points this season, and depending on points conceded today for GWS and WCE we could have the 3rd fewest.

It doesn’t all add up I’m afraid, very conflicting assessments relative to objective data.
Blitz was superhuman on Friday. Was one out far more times than he should have and was brilliant.
Our defence was more miserly before Guthrie and Henderson were added to it.
Henry was a big part of that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back