We made the finals… Changes VS Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

We're playing on my 70th birthday! The only other time that we've played a Final on my birthday was in 1999 against West Coast at the MCG. We lost by 5 points in the Qualifying Final. How let down I felt as I left the MCG that night.

I'm hoping to be feeling pretty, pretty, pretty good after the game this year!

Didn’t watch the game today but Cordy was great against GWS
And wasn’t that bad today.

We play a zone defence and when we turn the ball over going forward our backs have little hope when delivery is good.
Cordy had 2 nice involvements which resulted in Daniel turning it over with a F50 entry. Result a Hawks goal by quick movement and getting out the back. The 2 chasing? Cordy and Daniel who were involved just outside our F50. One would think that others would cover as these 2 pushed us forward.
Instead our backs look crap due to a shite Daniel kick.
As for Gunston making Cordy look 2nd rate? A fit Gunston has made a career out of making defenders look silly

I will picket Whitten oval if West is overlooked again
We’ll VDM and Rourke both played their roles so who is going to miss?
Maybe West could take Cordy’s place as he’s the other whipping boy.
No having a go at Westy but think they nailed selection.
Bruce hardly touched it but was a battering ram and is always going to attract attention which helps the others.

Every time Schache gets dropped it’s because he has played like a soft rag doll that lets the ball rebound out like a golf ball on a crowded trampoline. He has played one hard and tough game of footy in his life which was last years prelim.

When Bruce has played this year we are 3 wins 1 loss and the loss was against the third best defence in the comp. He’s done absolutely bugger all with ball in hand in all of those games but doesn’t get pushed around and Darcy and Jamarra have gotten off the chain in those games.

I’m not trying to say he’s a superstar, Lobb is probably being brought in to replace him. But we’re probably better with him than we are with Schache despite Schache being a goal machine in the vfl.

I feel more comfortable going into the finals with a rested Bruce who has some c*** in him than the Shackster.
No way Bebo drops Bruce. Bruce plays well as a second ruck and has started to find some form. The rest will be really good for Bont, Liba, McRae, and all those niggles players have.

More likely another mid coming in for VDM. Most likely JJ, West or maybe McLean. Keath maybe an inclusion also, but not sure who would be out. Then again Bevo does a crazy one and plays Sweet or Martin. Who knows what the match committee will do. I am happy we play Fremantle. I think they are suspect in a final. We are far more experienced than they are and we will respond to them as we have learnt heaps from the defeat. Bevo coaches well in finals.

We're playing on my 70th birthday! The only other time that we've played a Final on my birthday was in 1999 against West Coast at the MCG. We lost by 5 points in the Qualifying Final. How let down I felt as I left the MCG that night.

I'm hoping to be feeling pretty, pretty, pretty good after the game this year!
That is my late dad's birthday also. Happy birthday.

seems like we are the easy beats of the finals this year everyone thinks freo will kill us

2016 vibes
Geelong is the only team I don't think we can beat this year. From 3-8 there's not much separation. I'd start us favourites against Collingwood, Richmond and Brisbane. 70-30 against Sydney/Melbourne and 60-40 against Freo

seems like we are the easy beats of the finals this year everyone thinks freo will kill us

2016 vibes
We are $31 for the flag. In 2016 we were $67 for the flag at this point.

On that basis we'll sh*t it in.

2016 vibes
in melbourne, yes.

in the west, no.

freo have been in the comp for 27 years now and have made our 8th finals series this year. the trust in freo is always a bit shaky. personally, given your finals experience everyone is getting awfully paranoid. annoyingly so.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lobb kicked at least 3 goals last time which were a 20% proposition at best. 50/50 matchup for mine but please bring manic pressure, we’ll get cut to pieces letting them waltz the ball out from kicks in.

I honestly have no idea what we'll do at the selection table (do we ever??!).

The biggest dilemma appears to be the use of Darcy and Bruce. They seemed to swap spots part way through today's game with Bruce going back and Darcy going forward.

Last time Freo got a good share of the ball out of the middle, controlled the tempo, and had 50 more marks for the game. The concern for us going into this game is whether we can apply enough forward pressure to prevent this from happening again. R.Smith, Weightman and VDM seem to be the preferred options to apply pressure now.

Predicting no change.

It’s a bummer we are playing Freo, I hope they go all the way, if we don’t. They have beaten Geelong at their kitty litter and were the first team to beat Melbourne.
If anyone deserves to destroy Geelong and Melbourne dreams it’s Collingwood. I know plenty of people love to hate the pies but I have huge respect for what they have achieved this year.

If anyone deserves to destroy Geelong and Melbourne dreams it’s Collingwood. I know plenty of people love to hate the pies but I have huge respect for what they have achieved this year.
Yeah Pies would be my second choice, but Freo has the Bulldog link with Garlic, Mboyd and Bob, and have been in the competition for so long with no success.

2016 vibes
In 2016 we were in the top 4 for most of the year.
This year we were outside the top 8 for most of the year.

I don't think we're much chance but I'm very happy we defied history to make it. Bevo now the only coach in our history to make a GF then make finals the following year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back