We made the finals… Changes VS Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

I just know that Mrs Duryea will give birth to a boy that goes on to be an elite prospect and that, as a result of attending the birth, Taylor will end up playing 99 games in the rw&b (currently on 54 with a couple of good years left).

Stoked with McLean in. Cool head, fabulous pressure, and been here before. Haven't watched him at VFL level but the reports of his pace having dropped off a bit doesn't really concern me. Freo don't play with a great deal of pace and we have plenty around him with oodles of speed. His versatility gets him in over West for mine. Toby can tag, play inside, play off a wing, come out of the goal square, as a ground level forward or as a high half forward. That flexibility is going to be crucial against a well-drilled team like Freo.

On the other hand, going into an elim final with Laitham "muscles made of paper" Vandermeer terrifies me. Fingers crossed he can get through the game.

Stoked with McLean in. Cool head, fabulous pressure, and been here before. Haven't watched him at VFL level but the reports of his pace having dropped off a bit doesn't really concern me. Freo don't play with a great deal of pace and we have plenty around him with oodles of speed. His versatility gets him in over West for mine. Toby can tag, play inside, play off a wing, come out of the goal square, as a ground level forward or as a high half forward. That flexibility is going to be crucial against a well-drilled team like Freo.

On the other hand, going into an elim final with Laitham "muscles made of paper" Vandermeer terrifies me. Fingers crossed he can get through the game.

McLean is very good overhead IMO

Is there a rule about one player throwing another player up into the ruck contest? Or does a ruck have to jump themselves?

:think:

Will have to consult the rules! :laughv1:

Last night there was a play in the last quarter where the tigers moved the ball out of the backline with short chips and a pass to Riewoldt in the forward 50 with the lions just letting it happen. Luke Hodge said that is terrible manning up and should not happen. Well Luke welcome to the bulldogs supporters world in 2022 it happens at least 10 times a game. Hope we are better at it tomorrow night.

Last edited:
Last night there was a play in the last quarter where the tigers moved the ball out of the backline with short chips and a pass to Riewoldt in the forward 50 with the lions just letting it happen. Luke Hodge said that is terrible manning up and should not happen. Well Luke welcome to the bulldogs supporters world in 2022 it happens at least 10 times a game. Hope we are better at tomorrow night.

I think the issue is Dogs players have had it so ingrained in them to back off 5m where they hear the umpire say "outside 5", that when the umpire says it now, Dogs players all back off 5m as one. That then obviously leads to uncontested marks all over the ground

(Log in to remove this ad.)

VDM seems similar to Easton - more power than their muscles can handle. But didnt Easton get some sort of eastern mystical training so that he didnt explode his hammies every 3rd game?

VDM seems similar to Easton - more power than their muscles can handle. But didnt Easton get some sort of eastern mystical training so that he didnt explode his hammies every 3rd game?
I believe so but it only lasted a few years until the explosion of strings began happening again. (What a glorious few years they were though).

They completely rebuilt his running gait, so yes, eastern mystical training.

Looking at our emergencies, assuming Duryea doesn't make it, I'm tipping McComb is sub?
Would kinda have to be. Seems unlikely to be Martin or Bruce.

Although Bruce does have some versatility and might be an emotional uplift if included so not out of the question imo.

Still hoping Duryea might be a late in (meaning Duyea Jr is an early out 😁)

Bailey Smith and Daniel both on 'light duties' at training. Could be doubtful.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back